Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 5/26/2017 at 2:54 PM Post #1
~Sylestia's Next Top Designer (Cycle 3)~
"The Next Level"

ROUND FOUR
Welcome one and all to Cycle 3 of my big design competition! I'm so excited to see what this next season brings and I can't wait to see what kind of awesome designs the contestants come up with!

There is going to be a decent amount to read and I encourage ALL of the contestants to read through very carefully. This contest is going to be a bit more complex than the usual contests in this forum and I want everyone to have a fair and fun time. The prize packages will be in the post below, so if you read this before I have those posted just give me a few minutes. Trust me, it's worth the wait to see what you're playing for. :)

The rules are very simple but they should be read thoroughly. There will not be any "secret words" since the contestants won't be posting their designs here, so PLEASE take your time and through all of them. The rules are also going to detail how the contest and the eliminations are going to work.

Contestants, please read through all the rules.

RULES

1.) Always the most important rule, please be nice to each other. Like I said, for the most part the contestants won't be posting much, but the rule still stands. No fighting, bashing, harassing, and just generally being mean to each other. Contestants who do so will be warned once and disqualified if it happens again.

2.) There will be a total of 8 (or 9) rounds to this competition. There will be approximately 3-4 people eliminated each round for Rounds 1-6 (or7). These eliminations will be based off of the voting rounds. The two designs with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, a 24 hour Sudden Death vote will be started, and the two designs in a tie will be voted on by the public again.

3.) There will be a WILDCARD ROUND before the FINAL ROUND. This means that every contestant who was eliminated before will be given the chance to return to the competition for the FINAL ROUND. The eliminated contestants will be given their own theme and the ONE person who gets the most votes will be reinstated to the competition and given another chance at competing for a Prize Package.

4.) Unless otherwise stated in the theme explanation, you are required to design for both the male and female of whatever species you are using for the theme. This means that whatever design you use must be shown on both the male and female, so design accordingly.

5.) CONTESTANTS: Do NOT post your designs in this forum, or say anything about what you're going to base your design off of. This is VERY important, because the voting rounds are meant to be "blind votes". This means that the public are not going to know which contestant made which design when they vote. When you complete your design you need to Private Message them to me. I will then save the images to my Photobucket under your username so that there is no confusion when I post them for the voting round, and your designs do not get lost.

6.) If you, as a contestant, break Rule #5 and post your design in this thread, you will be asked to drastically redo your design. This is the only way to keep things fair for everyone. I'm not going to penalize anyone more harshly than that, since I don't see anyone breaking this rule except by accident.

7.) First of all PLEASE SAVE YOUR DESIGNS. That way if there is an issue the first time you send them to me you don't lose all your work. What I want everyone to do is to send me the URL for the very big preview. You get this big preview by clicking on the smaller thumbnail of the Sylesti on the sidebar of the generator. When you copy and paste to me in a message it should look like this...

https://www.sylestia.com/image_builder_pet.php?ec=0A0A0A&c1=0A0A0A&c2=0A0A0A&c3=F4F8F7&ac=0A0A0A&gd1c=57565C&gd2c=C2C0C3&gd3c=FFFFFF&md1c=F9B85C&md2c=F4F8F7&md3c=FFFFFF&gd1=AA&gd2=00&gd3=AA&md1=00&md2=CC&md3=00&species=ryori&gender=female&maturity=216

Now, you can send this to me, and that will be fine, I can resize it slightly in Photobucket without distorting it because its big to begin with. What I would LIKE everyone to do is to add &size=300 to the end of the code above. So it would look like this.

https://www.sylestia.com/image_builder_pet.php?ec=0A0A0A&c1=0A0A0A&c2=0A0A0A&c3=F4F8F7&ac=0A0A0A&gd1c=57565C&gd2c=C2C0C3&gd3c=FFFFFF&md1c=F9B85C&md2c=F4F8F7&md3c=FFFFFF&gd1=AA&gd2=00&gd3=AA&md1=00&md2=CC&md3=00&species=ryori&gender=female&maturity=216&size=300

If anyone has any questions you are, of course, free to ask. :)

8.) HAVE FUN! Yes, this is a rule. I made this contest to be fun and challenging. I am SUPER excited to see everyone's designs and creativity. This is your chance to push your design skills further than you've ever pushed them. Do research, think carefully about your design before hitting the generator, try multiple designs before choosing, do whatever you have to do to make your design the best you can. I know you're all capable of greatness. :)

Now for the fun part...this week's theme IS...

Disney Wonderland
Requirements: You MUST make three designs and include reference pictures for each one (not required for the song).

So this round is by far one of my favorites (bit of a Disney fanatic). This will require a small amount of research, but we're getting down to the end of things so this will be good practice for everyone. You will, as usual, be making THREE designs, and to make it easy for you, I have laid them out below.

Design #1 - A Disney character, male or female, from a movie made BEFORE 1980
Design #2 - A Disney character, male or female, from a movie made AFTER 1980
Design #3 - A Disney song inspired design from ANY Disney movie

Your character designs can be from live action or animated films made by Disney studios. However, I will be keeping track of who does what characters, as I do not want any duplicates, so there will be more time given for this round to give me time to message you if you need to redo one or more of your designs.

NOTE: Please everyone, check your reference pictures before submitting your design. Some of you have been sending me urls to Google Images and they do NOT work when I got to post them. You need to be sure to send me the source URL for your images. Thank you.

Also, if you have any questions about the instructions in general please don't hesitate to ask.

ALL DESIGNS MUST BE ENTERED BY: Thursday, June 1st at 10:00PM Sylestia Time
Edited By Britters on 5/26/2017 at 3:00 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 12:41 PM Post #2
This is just a friendly reminder to all contestants that the deadline for this round is coming up on Thursday. I have not received very many entries and so wanted to make sure I got the reminder in ahead of time. If anyone needs a day or two extension, I'll be out of town all day Friday anyway, so please just let me know. :)
Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3
I wasn't sure if I was still in it since I missed Round three
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 12:47 PM Post #4
You are not unfortunately, you're just still on the ping list because I have a hard time keeping track of whos still in xD sorry, I should really edit the list lol
Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 12:50 PM Post #5
Its okay. I didn't mean to miss the last one, but Stress.. What can you do? xD
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 1:17 PM Post #6
oops thanks for the reminder Britt, i'm so bussy with festival i would have forgoten
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 1:20 PM Post #7
Is it too late to join this?
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 1:56 PM Post #8
Unfortunately yes, given the way the contest is run I have people sign up ahead of time, if you would like to be added to the ping list for the next contest I can do that though. :)
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 1:57 PM Post #9
thank you anyways! that would be great!
Edited By Goldennautilusdreams on 5/30/2017 at 2:00 PM.
AsteriaRuneflower
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 52
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 2:02 PM Post #10
am i still apart of this since i didn't get any votes on the last designs?
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.