Forum Index > Roleplaying > The Founders of Hogwarts
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 9:34 PM Post #31
There was definitely no mistaking Salazar as a member of the Slytherin family. Aside from the distinctive eyes and face, the whole lot of them had been arrogant and vain. Salazar was no exception, Godric knew. It had been a minor miracle, and had taken all of his schmoozing tricks, when he had been allowed to stay the night in this very castle. He regarded Salazar with a bemused smile as he ordered them to leave, his mind already trying to think of some kind of ploy. Perhaps they could...

But then there was Rowena trying to catch his eye. He gave his his best, subtle sideways glance, taking note of the placement of her hand on the back of Helena's head. Oh, the woman was good! He was quick to give his ascent, and seconds later the child had darted through the front door. Godric let out a deep bellow of laughter, and he looked over at Rowena. The look on her face, the hint of a smile at her lips, reminded him momentarily of the girl he used to know. Later, Godric would mention this as the moment he had begun to fall in love with her.

"Well, you know, kids will be kids, Sally," Godric said as he stepped forward to follow the toddler, "We'd better go collect her, eh Rowena?"

-----

Helga had managed to regain much of her composure during the exchange between the other three. She stood in the back, her smile bright, her cheeks still rosy from the hike and her sudden onslaught of emotion. Her gaze was focused on Rowena, but her eyes continually flicked in Salazar's direction, drinking his appearance in, down to the last detail of his clothing. If things didn't go well, this may very well be the last time she saw him in her lifetime, and silly as it was, she wanted to remember him.

She was, as usual, totally unaware of the silent exchange between Rowena and Godric. She was startled when Helena darted for the doorway, a small yelp escaping her, though a quick look in her mother's direction told Helga that it was part of a plan. She was a touch slow, but not dim-witted. She quickly covered her mouth to smother a giggle, equal parts mortified thinking of Salazar's reaction, and delight that it seemed they would be staying a bit longer.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 5/25/2017 at 10:03 PM Post #32
As the child had darted into his castle, Salazar had reacted immediately. He had drawn his wand from his robes, pointing it at the toddler. As soon as he realized that he was aiming it at a little girl, he let out a small, weak yelp and jumped backwards, shoving his wand back into his pocket. He glared at Godric and Rowena, who entered after the child.

"I do not care how kids will be, Godric. Her mother set her off. It was a definite trick," he insisted, even though he had actually not been facing them when the kid had entered, and did not actually know if her mother had set her off. Knowing Rowena as she was when they were kids, though, Salazar believed that she would definitely do something like that.

A strange feeling entered his chest as he glanced at the child. The daughter was dirty from travelling. She was probably hungry. Kids should never be needy. He absolutely refused to be the type of person that would leave a child in need.

He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You all may stay for one night, and one night only."

---

With the triumph of her daughter and Salazar's hilarious reaction, Rowena's mood had uplifted a little. He arms were crossed over her chest as Salazar pointed, and then withdrew his wand. She knew that he wouldn't have hurt her. It was all reflexes. Salazar was many things, but a child harmer? He was not. At least, he wouldn't have been when he was younger. In fact, she had anticipated he would have retrieved his wand out of pure instinct. Therefore, she was not very alarmed.

When Godric suggested they go grab the kid, Rowena stepped forward with him She flashed him a smirk as she took his arm and linked hers into it. All in good play, of course. "I see you were surprised by that, Godric. Really, you've let your wits go," she commented almost condescendingly.

She was surprised by the muscles she could feel in his arm. He may have lost his senses, but he had certainly not lost his physical physique. Though, of course, she should definitely not be thinking about that, she reminded herself as she ascended the few steps to the doors of the castle and entered in beside Godric.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/27/2017 at 5:09 PM Post #33
Despite knowing Salazar well enough, despite knowing that the other wizard would never harm the child, Godric's blood ran cold for just a moment when he saw Salazar take out his wand, and on pure instinct, Godric began to reach for his own. He stopped himself quickly before fully withdrawing it when his senses caught up to him. Salazar would never harm a child.

The feeling of Rowena linking her arm into his soothed any tension that remained in his muscles from the incident, and he relaxed back into his jovial mood. They had triumphed, Salazar had given in. With his broad grin back on his face, Godric led Rowena into the castle, his eyes alight with mischief and humor.

"Ah, but who needs wits when you're around, love," he said companionably, patting her hand with his rough and calloused one. The comment was meant to be entirely casual, but he couldn't help but notice how nice it felt to have her standing next to him as she was.

"So," he said, to distract himself, "Whats for dinner, Sally?"

-----

Following along behind the group, Helga had the familiar feeling of having been forgotten. It didn't bother her, for she loathed being the center of attention. In fact, it gave her time to further observe their surroundings. The castle truly was beautiful, though a bit gloomy. Could definitely use some brightening up, but then, she was sure that Salazar preferred it that way.

She was still recovering somewhat from her initial reaction to his presence, though no more outwards signs of her condition showed. When she watched Salazar regard Helena in such a way, almost seeming to feel a sense of caring towards the child, Helga's entire body got a little warm and she fanned her face absently. It was much like when they were kids. He was cold and distant to just about everyone, unless they were younger than himself. It was quite endearing.

"This place is lovely," she mused aloud, resuming her perusal.
Edited By Britters on 5/27/2017 at 5:09 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 5/27/2017 at 5:36 PM Post #34
To think that just five minutes ago, he had been happily painting, alone in his wondrous castle. Salazar felt a twinge of annoyance. Actually, more than a twinge. He did not want to be disturbed. He narrowed his eyes sulkily as everyone entered, and then closed the doors behind them. Godric and Rowena were acting like playful children, with a sense of irritating flirting. Of course. Two fiery personalities were never very fun to be around.

Salazar hung back around Helga, though was slightly behind her. He heard her comment on his castle and glanced around very briefly. "It is," he concurred. "I inherited it from my father. I never even knew about over half the rooms until it was mine. He always confined me to one half of the castle," he annexed.

Then, he gave a sort of awkward, chuckling laugh. "Holds a sort of remarkable irony to it, really. My father worked in mysterious ways, that's for sure. I never did understand his logic, even now," he rambled slightly. His years in solitude had, admittedly, stolen some of his social skills, and he wasn't as sure of what was normal in conversations.

---

As they ventured farther into the main room, Rowena used her free hand to grasp Helena's and keep her with them as they began adventuring through the castle. Everything about the place was beautifully reminiscent of her dream. The carved stones, the brave statues, the hanging banners of green and silver... Honestly, she was remembering details that she had never been able to remember about it before. It all brought on a strong feeling of nostalgia that was slightly creepy.

She glanced at Godric when she heard his endearing Scottish nickname. She gave a rather unladylike snort, and then smacked her foot into his calf. Stealing her arm back, she offered him a semi-mirthful look. "You're hilarious, Godric. You think you actually have me on your side," she chortled, and then made tut-tut-tut noises with her tongue.

When she looked back down at Helena, she found that her child was staring at the two of them with a very curious expression on her face. "What is it?" Rowena questioned of her daughter.

Helena shrugged and looked away, playing with some sort of leaf that she must've picked up outside "Nothin'," she answered rather vaguely, causing her mother to watch her suspiciously for a few more moments before returning her gaze to the castle in front of them.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 9:43 PM Post #35
There was plenty look at, that much was certain. Despite continuing to be distracted by the beautiful woman next to him, Godric's hazel eyes were still able to take in some of the details of there surroundings. He remembered some of his from his one night stay several years ago, but the architecture and decor were still as magnificent as ever.

The kick to the shins barely felt like anything, but Godric made a playful grab at Rowena anyway, grinning all the while. It felt good to smile again. Sometimes it had felt like he'd lost the ability, but somehow being back with his old childhood friends had reawakened his sense of humor and joviality.

"I truly am hilarious," Godric agreed, "Which is all the more reason to have me on your side." He chuckled at his own joke. He glanced down at Helena, hardly aware that the child had been observing them. She was certainly a quiet, curious little thing.

"Well, Madame Aeaeae," Godric said, playing a little at being proper, quirking an eyebrow in Rowena's direction, "Does the castle live up to your dreams?"

-----

Helga's entire body was aware of Salazar's presence. Her fingers had begun to fidget with the ties at her apron, and her legs trembled ever so slightly as they walked through the main room. The sensations were far from unpleasant, but they were strange and somewhat frightening. She knew she needed to get a handle on them immediately before Rowena noticed. After Royston, her friend would never leave her alone if she knew the truth.

"Only one half?" she inquired curiously when Salazar described inheriting the castle from his father, "That seems rather odd. Why would he do that?" Helga's parents had died when she was very young, but what she did remember of them was happy. It was hard for her to understand those who had troubled upbringings.

"Oh, and it is very nice to see you again, Salazar," she added quickly, trying not to forget her manners.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 10:11 PM Post #36
Salazar felt slightly uneasy with Rowena and Godric at the head. With those two in front, they were bound to encounter one of his secrets, weren't they? He was relieved to discover, however, that they were only headed in the direction of the kitchens. Good. He felt more relaxed than before as they entered the kitchens and came to a stop.

"I do not know, truly. He was quite strange. I'm glad I'm not akin to him in that regards," he commented to her. He avoided making eye contact, though, as it felt awkward every time he did. He wasn't used to people anymore. It felt strange to have someone's eyes on him that wasn't one of his enchanted paintings.

Besides, Helga had kind, pretty eyes that he was definitely not used to. At her mentioning it being nice to see him again, he let his gaze drift up the kitchen wall. "I would rather have been left alone. It's much better alone, you see," he murmured.

---

Their mindless, aimless wandering seemed to have taken them to the kitchens, Rowena noted as they entered what definitely had to be the kitchens. However, the utensils and containers inside looked as if they hadn't been touched in years. Perhaps they hadn't. "I don't need an immature fool on my side, Godric," she sighed dismissively.

She could hear Salazar and Helga speaking behind her, and felt a twinge of unease. Strictly speaking, she wasn't sure she trusted Salazar. Especially not with her Helga. She left it alone for the time being, though, and instead just listened intently to whatever they said.

She heard Godric's question, and what he addressed her by, and laughed somewhat harshly. "Not Aeaeae. Ravenclaw now. I am happily married, Gryffindor," she told him snarkily, flashing her wedding band, situated happily on her left ring finger, in front of his face. It was so close that surely, even someone as dimwitted as he wouldn't miss it.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 5:38 PM Post #37
The sight of the kitchens made Helga's stomach rumble slightly. She was a "healthy" eater at the best of times, and her recent emotional upheavals were making her fingers itch to grab something to nibble on. It was a bad habit of hers when she was stressed or upset, and it was most certainly why she was so plump. She secretly felt ashamed of herself, but she usually tried to ignore the shame.

"He sounds rather unpleasant," she replied to Salazar, a bit absently so that she felt the need to backtrack, "I mean, well I didn't mean to speak badly about him, just that it sounds like things were a bit tough for you." Her cheeks were full on red, she could feel them burning, and she desperately willed them back to normal.

"Its never better to be alone," she said automatically, still trying to get her nerves under control, "Everyone needs someone."

-----

Good grief, it looked as though Salazar hadn't touched the kitchen since the last time Godric had been here. It was hard to imagine living in such a large place and not even taking advantage of the space. Then again, Sal had always been such a peculiar wizard, even as a child. Always wanting to be alone, and so quiet. Yet brilliant, that was for certain.

"Hm?" he said, having momentarily forgotten about his conversation with Rowena. He leaned forward and peered curiously at the wedding band on her finger. How had he missed that? Perhaps he'd been subconsciously ignoring it.

"Happily married, eh?" he replied, his goofy grin still present, "Well then where is the lucky fellow?"
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 5:52 PM Post #38
The slightest twinge of shame washed over Salazar at the dismal state of his kitchens. He had not felt shame in what seemed like forever, but it was, admittedly, a bit embarrassing that he has kept his home at such a low state. To be fair, he was not supposed to have any visitors. These three - no, four, there's a child there - came out of nowhere, pretty much. It only irked him more to think about.

He let Helga talk for a bit, not saying a word as she made what she thought to be a mistake, and then tried to recover. Salazar hadn't minded what she'd said, actually. He had actually rather liked his father at some points, but didn't mind criticism or insults. After all, that was something that he had always experienced throughout his life. Somewhere along the line, he had learned to simply not care.

As Helga made her statement about needing someone, Salazar gave her a questioning look. "Not I," he dismissed. "I have been very happy living here on my own, you see," he added.

Helga may think that everyone needed someone, but she was sorely mistaken. For Salazar was living proof that that fact was, indeed, not. It could be argued that he was not truly alone, for he had his wonderful beasts, but he knew that he was alone. "Besides, I do have pets."

---

Of course Godric would ask. Rowena should have seen it coming the moment she flashed her ring at him. But instead, she had foretold it the very moment after, when it was too late. Maybe he had a few more bits of brain than she gave him credit for.

His question immediately brought a dark image to her mind. One that she had experienced earlier, but before that, had not come for months. It was Wilmot, lying on the floor, dead. You want to know where that 'lucky fellow' is, Godric? her thoughts taunted. Try lying in a casket, buried six feet underground because his wife was a backstabber.

She couldn't help but slap Godric. She didn't mean to, but she did it anyway. Reflex for reminding her, she supposed, even though she was the one who had very stupidly led him to the terrible question.

"It is not your business to know," she snarled at him, and then turned her gaze forward, not wanting to let him make eye contact now.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 6/5/2017 at 5:16 PM Post #39
The state of the kitchen was, indeed, atrocious. There was a layer of dust on everything, dishes that looked like they'd been in the washpots for years, and Helga felt certain that if she opened a cupboard, she'd probably be greeted but a flock of moths, or even a bat. It was really quite dismal, but then she supposed that living here by himself, Salazar never felt the need to make things presentable.

"Pets?" Helga asked curiously, her eyes alight with excitement. She had chosen to let the matter of Salazar's lifestyle of loneliness drop, for there seemed no reason to push to issue with him. "What kind of-?"

That was when Helga heard Godric ask the question. Before she even had a chance to try and get to her friend, which would never have worked anyway since the pairs had ended up on opposite sides of the kitchen, Rowena had slapepd Godric across the face. Helga winced, but managed not to yelp as she had back in the tavern. She watched Rowena's face closely, saw the multitude of emotions fly across her features, and knew that Godric had unwittingly struck a nerve.

"Why don't I make dinner?" Helga suggested, speaking into the loud silence that had developed in the room, "If thats alright with Salazar that is..." She glanced at the other wizard inquiringly, not expecting any opposition. He clearly need a properly cooked meal anyway.

----

Unlike back at the tavern, Godric was not expecting this sort of reaction from Rowena based on his actions. He had been enjoying the playful banter that had developed between them, reminding him very poignantly of their childhood together. He realized, too late, his mistake. His eyes widened as he watched the expression on Rowena's face change, and had no time to dodge of brace himself for the stinging slap she delivered to his cheek.

The physical pain was nothing, he had been in too many brawls in his life to be bothered by such a thing. It was the emotional pain he felt that hurt him the most. Something was wrong, something had happened, something that had turned Rowena, his childhood friend and rival...cold. That was the only word he could think to describe it. Something had made Rowena cold, and even a little bitter.

"My apologies," Godric murmured, absently rubbing his cheek, gazing at the back of Rowena's head and wishing he knew how to help her, "You're absolutely right. None of my business."
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 6/9/2017 at 12:38 PM Post #40
Salazar couldn't help but wince at the small debacle between Gryffindor and Aea-no, Ravenclaw, he overheard her saying. Between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. He hadn't been actively listening to them, but just so happened to catch that little tidbit in his ears.

The spat seemed to have distracted Helga, though, so he wouldn't have had to answer about any of his pets, all of which likely didn't seem like pets to the ordinary witch or wizard. He felt slight relief; he wasn't certain why he had even brought it up in the first place. Perhaps he didn't like lying to Helga, who had always seemed so pure and innocent.

Of course, as lovely a houseguest as ever, Helga was suggesting to make dinner. "I doubt I have any edible food in my storage, but you can check," he muttered, gesturing with a slight wave to a closet off to the side of the kitchen. "I tend not to leave my dungeons or room on the third floor. Except, of course, for when I switch between them."

---

As Godric fumbled, Rowena felt the slightest twinge of regret. It really wasn't his fault that time. Any imbecile with a quarter of a brain in them would have made the connection to ask where her significant other was. And, she supposed, this proved Godric had at least a quarter of a brain within that air-filled head of his.

She let out a small sigh and forced herself to relax a little. "No, no, I should be the one to apologize this time around. I acted rashly and didn't think ahead to what you would reply with. It's just a bit of a sensitive subject, is all. I apologize," she murmured, with as much dignity as she could muster.

On the other side of the kitchen, Helga was offering to make dinner. Ro couldn't help a small smile on her face; Helga's cooking was always fantastic. You could give her a couple wild, edible mushrooms, some water, and a few spices, and Helga was able to turn it into something amazing.

Beside her, Helena cheered lightly, breaking away from her mother's grip and trotting over to one of the counters. She grunted softly as she pulled herself up onto it, sitting herself down on the dusty top. "I'll help," she stated determinedly.

Rowena shook her head disapprovingly. "Helena, please. You're going to get your dress all dirty! I sewed that for you only two weeks ago!"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.