Threads: 27
Posted: 4/18/2017 at 9:06 AM Post #1
What are projects and how do they work?
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/18/2017 at 9:50 AM Post #2
Projects are what it's called when someone begins breeding pets in order to reach a certain goal. For example, if I were to begin a max-stat project, I would start breeding my highest-stat pets together and use Prismatic Philters to attempt to reach max-stats.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 4/18/2017 at 10:04 AM Post #3
Dragonnadder said it pretty nicely; it's breeding pets to reach a certain personal goal you have.

Some people breed rare themed pets to be 6 vis. Some people breed for stats. Some people create their own design using dye or essences and make their own creation. And some people do all of the above.

The bigger the project, the longer it takes. I have one right now that's pretty out-of-control and taking over my stables. And I'm not even half way done >.<

Planning is the best way to start. The least amount of variables going into your project, the easier it will be. Example is:

If you are wanting 6 vis themed uh... let's use the Luffbuns.. 6 vis Easter Egg Bunny Luff and you know exactly which traits you want: Tan, Petals, Runes, Bunny Tail, Loppy Ears, Neck Bow. Then you just breed for those traits. If one gets Wavy instead of Petals trait, you release, sell, or don't use that one.

But! If you are like me... you may want lots of variants and lots of different traits. This will consume you and your stables. Because "oh.. This one has that one rare trait that I want.. Oh, this has that other rare trait. This one has a neat combo of traits. OOH! This one..." You get the idea.

So for a first project, I'd say start very specific on what you want.
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/18/2017 at 10:19 AM Post #4
How would you make them certain colors?
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 4/18/2017 at 7:20 PM Post #5
You can use pet dyes to change the color of your pets. Lesser pet dyes can have painful color swings, but are fairly easy to get with scales (from nurturing) and are great if you aren't really picky about the color. Really light and really dark colors seem to have the most noticeable color swings.

Greater pet dyes are much more exact in color, but are more expensive.

One pet dye will change one color slot and there is no limit to the number of times you can dye a pet.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 3:27 AM Post #6
another way to get colours is to start with pets that don't have no (or very near too it) colour variation. Themed pets are a good start to a project because if you use pets of the same theme they will always have the same colours, (pretty much, there is variation just like with essence or dye) however they tend to be expensive to obtain and breed. Essence can be used in the generator to bring designs to life, but they have limited trat points each and are obtained completely randomly from nurturing, missions, or other methods I don't know. If you keep your eye on the trade broker you might find essence below 20k each, but that's the usual lowest price
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 7:26 AM Post #7
Thank you!

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.