Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > Tattoos?
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 3/12/2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1
Anyone here have tattoos? Planning on getting more? Planning on getting the first?

I've been wondering about getting two, and I want to know how much they would hurt. I'd be getting them on the upper arm, and professionally done (not stick and poke). Is there anything that creates a similar feel? Like a scraped knee, sunburn, cat scratch, bruise? I don't really care, but I want to know what it will feel like, since I've always wanted the two tattoos since they mean something to me.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 3/12/2017 at 4:11 PM Post #2
Hey, I have a couple tattoos. One on my shoulder(left upper outer part of my arm, not the back of the shoulder), and one on my lower back. They were both within my personal pain tolerance level, but due to chronic pain I'm more tolerant in regards to pain than many folks. Tattoos that are over bone tend to hurt more(because of the vibrations from what I remember of my shoulder tattoo, my wolf's ears and the top of his head is on the top of my shoulder(going toward my neck) and the vibrations on the bone there was the furthest thing from comfortable. My lower back tattoo was mostly painless for me except again when going over the bone.

This does however not mean that you'll be in more or less pain than me cause everyone has a different level of pain tolerance and some people are naturally more sensitive on some areas of the body than other people.

I have plans on getting 2 more tattoos in the next 8 years(one on the back of my neck that will extend to the middle of my shoulder blades, and a half sleeve(lower right arm) which is my moms tribute tattoo. I have other tattoos planed as well but I'm aiming for the large sized ones first as the others are smaller than those.
Nafariaandulin
Level 57
Fright Master
Threads: 102
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 11:36 AM Post #3
Tattoos tend to hurt more where your skin is the softest (stomach, back, etc.). It sort of feels like scratching your arm with a mechanical pencil, but a little more painful. It's worth it though.
LadyOfTheNight
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 31
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 12:22 PM Post #4
I have one tattoo on the inside of my wrist (I have... seven I believe planned its all a matter of getting the money for them). People say the wrist is one of the painful spots but it didn't hurt me too much, I think it depends on what your body can take. I have a high tolerance for pain, but some people don't. My mom got a tattoo on the same spot and she had more planned for it but said sh couldn't do the pain of it. So it depends on you
Just remember the artist will listen if you say you need a break.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 2:18 PM Post #5
I would like to get two tattoos too, one on the back of my shoulder and one on the inside of my wrist.
I'll planning to begin with the one on the inside of my wrist (and I may get it this summer, if I dare to call the tattoo artist x) )
LadyOfTheNight, I hope you're right and a tattoo on this spot doesn't necessarily hurt too much!
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 6:09 PM Post #6
The amount of pain really does depend on where the tattoo is less so than the individual person getting it. If someone tells you that getting a tattoo doesn't hurt at all however that are definitely lying. It just depends on how much you can handle in one session, which is why I would always recommend going through the whole consultation and appointment making process rather than just walking into a parlour and expecting to get it done all at once.

This is of course coming from someone who has done a lot of research but doesn't actually have any tattoos. Seeing as I'm both under the legal age to get one and in a stage of my life where I probably wouldn't be able to definitively settle on somthing that I would be happy having for the rest of my life. I do however plan on getting a mural or memorial for my family with their names in their own handwriting and such when I'm older. My parents are not really for the whole tattoo thing but I think they wouldn't object to somthing like that.
Edited By Deidriel on 4/25/2017 at 6:14 PM.
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 4/25/2017 at 7:27 PM Post #7
Obviously I will make consultation and appointments first, not even for the pain, but because it's something I'll have for life and I want to discuss with the artist about my project, to be sure we understand each other, and that he'll be able to do something I'll love.

I've also decided to begin with the one on the inside on my wrist because it's the smallest of the two tattoos I want. (and also because now i'm 100% sure of what I want for this one, and for the other I change my mind every two weeks)

For the amont of pain, I know it varies depending on the person and the part of the body, but some of my friends told me they were very, very painful, and I like hearing other experiences. Since in general I can tolerate reasonable amount of pain, i think I'll manage to endure it.

My family is quite open-minded and tolerate tattoes. I've told them a long time ago i may do a tattoo one day, and they're all perfectly find with that (the only thing they told me it's that some people still have false ideas about tattooed people, and that if i'm doing something too big, too trash and that I can't hide, I may be discriminated when i'll be looking for a job).
And when two weeks ago I told them I'm ready and want my tattoos done, my father offered to come with me the day i'm getting one because he knows how shy and stressed I can be sometimes (And now he even wants one as well and he's stealing my tattoo ideas x) )
Nafariaandulin
Level 57
Fright Master
Threads: 102
Posted: 4/26/2017 at 8:19 AM Post #8
Personally, it didn't hurt much for me...
Lostlupo
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/4/2017 at 12:39 PM Post #9
When I got my first tattoo, it was something me and my mom discussed the whole year. We went to the parlor a few times, got one picked out, talked about how we're going to do it- and decided in the end to just get it done all at once. It's, for me, like being scratched by a cat for a really long time- like that cat had some anger issues it needed to resolve and the back of my shoulder was a good scratching post. But it was nothing I couldn't handle, having a pretty good pain tolerance.

I can't offer you nothing you haven't heard/read yet, but I can definitely confirm what your parents said. Since I was 16 when I got my first tattoo, I was still in school, and even some of my teachers would turn their nose up when I was showing off the tattoo- and all it is is a tribal wolf with a moon behind it. I don't think you'll have much problem with a small one on your wrist though.

I do have a piece of advice though, if you haven't heard it yet. I didn't have to deal with this cause I couldn't reach it, but- Don't scratch it! As the ink settles, it's going to itch like crazy- especially yours being on such thin skin and being near so many nerves. But do not scratch it- you can mess up the tattoo in the like, first 2-3 weeks(maybe more with some). You can also get very sick from scratching it too. Just like it itch and peel on it's own, don't scratch.
Edited By Lostlupo on 5/4/2017 at 12:43 PM.
Aquari
Level 70
The Majestic
Threads: 79
Posted: 5/4/2017 at 1:42 PM Post #10
Sounds like a small pox shot XD
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.