Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > The Sylestia Movie Club!
Page 3 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/24/2017 at 9:38 PM Post #21
@Members! (and anyone else reading this)

New movie of the week! Check post #2. Hint: It's E.T.

I'm looking forward to this because to this day, my 28th birthday in a bit over a week, I have never seen this movie.
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 2/24/2017 at 10:40 PM Post #22
i really liked that movie parts at the beginning and at what seemed to be the end but is not are kinda sad tho and i cried a little a lot like a part of a anime i watched but i cried about et*mutters something about some anime*
"haku..why haku..why not some kid named handa..now..i'm..mad..at.za..bu..za..your gonna get it you grrr...why cry only after naruto mentions it..i won't call you heartless but grrr" *points to yu gi ho manga*
now i'm done with my crying fite of rage at that naruto episod still mad at zabuza for not being good but no one can chang that still wish that black haired boy with longer hair then me was in the show along with zabuza..so i can pound zabuza sorry my sister says i'm violent only when someone prevokes me tho
sasuke:*pokes me*
me: "your gonna get it
sasuke:*runs*"run for your life or else"

agen ninja these days sheese can't get a day in peace without getting violent at people on naruto anyway back to et i loved et
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 3/2/2017 at 5:28 PM Post #23
Hey guys, sorry to ping you but Friday's movie of the week will be post-poned a bit. To keep on schedule, it will probably be on next Friday. It's my birthday tomorrow and my mother came to visit. Haven't seen her in 2 & 1/2 years so.. Been busy.

Anyways, really sorry about that guys, but we'll get back on schedule. I just wanted to let you guys know~

Have a good one ^-^ and thanks for understanding!
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 5:45 PM Post #24
**SPOILERS**

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

So I have never actually seen this movie until now. I knew the basic story and that it is about a stranded alien wanting to go back home and kids helping him.

My initial thoughts were how much it reminded me of another 80's movie that came a few years later, The Goonies. It was a fun romp, albeit at times a bit slow for my jaded, adult cynicism, but I still am glad to have finally seen it.

I was surprised at the language, which wasn't what I was expecting. For a PG movie that has been a staple for many a childhood, there were a few colorful words. But. I suppose it is in keeping with the time-period, location, and age group of the kids.

It was fun to see a fairly realistic family: older brother who picks on his siblings but is ultimately there for them, middle kid who is oft left out and to his own devices, baby of the family who.. well, is the baby and is doted upon. And then the mother, who is raising her kids alone because dad left and went to Mexico.

And I just have to say, I -love- their house. I mean, that closet is like a club house! And all the stained glass? Really nifty.

All during the movie, I kept hearing Star Wars. Of course, John Williams did the music and many composers still have their own signature flair. I always hear Pirates of the Caribbean when I watch Black Hawk Down or Gladiator. Also, I enjoyed the few nods to Star Wars throughout the movie. But even though I was reminded of another movie, the music for this one is definitely unique and iconic.

But my favorite thing about the movie was the acting. It was really good! Normally kids are.. hit or miss. But everyone felt pretty sincere, as if we just were a fly on the wall in the house of this typical 80's Californian family.

Also, the animatronics were pretty complex. I won't pretend to know everything that goes into something like that, but I've seen enough to be able to appreciate how detail-oriented they were with every movement. I mean, in one moment, E.T.'s eyebrows move, his throat expands whilst breathing, eyes move, cheeks raise... It's a lot, and looks fluid, especially for the time.

There were a few things that I questioned and didn't feel like were answered. More like a "Just go along with it" type of thing. Like, why did E.T. get sick in the first place? And what made him better? Someone told me "love made him better." but Elliot was loving E.T. the whole time, especially when they were both on the tables. So why did E.T. die, only to come back 10 minutes later? Also, the cop with the shotgun pointed at the kids... wha-- that doesn't even seem like something that'd happen...

But again, jaded, adult cynicism aside, it was a pretty good movie.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 3/11/2017 at 5:58 PM Post #25
New movie of the week! Check the first page. Supposed to be a good family film! ^-^!
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 3/12/2017 at 6:35 AM Post #26
i just watched it i loved it towards the end it was the best the way she was coaching that boy was funny "i was half asleep" stop ninja sorry that was my cat she's a little tired
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.