Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > The Sylestia Movie Club!
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 2/15/2017 at 8:18 PM Post #11
can i suggest zootopia i love it its perfect for kids and adults just funny enough for everyone
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Posted: 2/15/2017 at 8:18 PM Post #12
i also want to join
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/18/2017 at 9:19 PM Post #13
Sure, you're welcome to join ^-^ And I put Zootopia on the user-suggested movies. Generally, I'm looking for less known movies. But that being said, Zootopia is one of my favorite Disney movies. I loved the graphics and the story was really nice. I also appreciate that the characters weren't dumb as they tend to be in kid's movies. No, these guys were all sharp and clever. But then again, foxes are always clever!

Also, be sure to check out this week's movie! If you haven't seen it, I think you'll enjoy it. It's kind of old but a cult classic. I remember watching it when I was little.
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Posted: 2/19/2017 at 2:01 AM Post #14
i watched that before never really got into it
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 2/19/2017 at 10:22 AM Post #15
Did you watch the whole thing? If not, I'd urge you to try again. Then post all the things you didn't like about it. Were there any good things about it? Was the story just not interesting? Was the animation not appealing and that's why you didn't like it?

As an Art grad, I've had to watch / see a lot of things I didn't particularly care for, but I was trained to look beyond my own taste of "this sucks" to see that maybe even though I don't like it, there's a reason it's important.

No feelings will be hurt if you talk about things you didn't like, as long as it is thoughtful. Not just like "This movie wasn't good." Because I'm interested to know why it isn't good. Explain it to me. That goes for any movie discussions from anyone. I like hearing opinions and there are no wrong answers. That's what a discussion is all about ^-^
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Posted: 2/19/2017 at 1:40 PM Post #16
i did i liked the art and the unicorn i didn't like all the swearing and the fact that they swear at totally unexpected times you never get time to prepare for the swearing i'm used to it now tho because my sister will swear a lot and i watch naruto witch is a little better at keeping it down besides i just cover my ears if there's too much swearing or on naruto when sasuke around mostly because he's ignorant and i don't wanna hear him yes he is my least favorite how did you know
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 2/20/2017 at 11:56 AM Post #17
O: I wont be able to watch The Last Unicorn this week, but would like to join the club *I might not see some movies since I don't have netflix, but I have amazon prime and tons of movies at my house*

I'd like to suggest Radio *Cuba Gooding Jr.*. Its a really great move, and based on a true story! (Don't know if its on netflix, I would guess it would be)

Or another good one is 1000 Words *Eddie Murhpy*
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 2/21/2017 at 9:40 PM Post #18
Can you add me to the ping list?
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 2/22/2017 at 9:12 PM Post #19
@Jade07
Ah yes, I can understand about not liking curse words in movies / shows. I only recall a couple of curse words, and they are mild and typically accepted for tv. Also, Netflix may have edited those out since their rating is G. But Im glad you saw some of it, for better or worse ^-^;

@Carrotbae
Sure thing! Glad to have you aboard~ ^-^ Ill try to check Amazon Prime to see if movies I suggest are on there, too, and note it. Ill -try- to remember lol. And ahh, good suggestions, I cant remember if Ive seen Radio, and I only got to see part of A Thousand Words, which I enjoyed. I see Radio is free to stream on Amazon Prime, Ill note that and watch it soon. Thank you for the suggestions and for joining!

@Goldennautilusdreams
Sure thing! Thanks for joining ^-^!

@anyone
If anyone is really interested in this classic, The Last Unicorn, you can stream it on Netflix, rent it on Amazon Prime and several others, or typically you can find it in the 5 dollar DVD bin at Walmart. ^-^
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Posted: 2/22/2017 at 10:51 PM Post #20
**SPOILERS**

The Last Unicorn

I am partial to this movie as I watched it a lot as a child. I was very fond of unicorns. I wasn't really a girly-girl, so I didn't have dolls (I had Transformers and dinosaur toys) but unicorns were sorta princess-y so I could play with my girl friends. Anyways.

Animation and Graphics:
First, I'll talk about graphic style. It is an old movie, and the animation is an obvious older style, but the layers of the scenery show the work. There is also a real whimsical way about the landscapes, and of course characters. The character style is most definitely an American style, yet it is animated by a Japanese studio, which later became the well-known Studio Ghibli. This is very interesting to me.

Story and Plot
I liked the story a lot; haven't ever seen something quite like it. A unicorn who is in search of her kind? Sure. But a king who covets unicorns and uses a mystical bull to herd them into the ocean? *nods* Thats unique. Silly as it may be, one of my favorite parts is the tapestry credit intro. There were definitely some scenes that I guess kids may consider scary, though I always enjoyed them because I've always enjoyed scary stuff. The only negative I'd say about the story is the lull when our sorta-heroes hang out, disguised, at the enemy's castle. It's slow and a bit sappier A bit of a downer from the more action-packed journey, preceding. Literally half of the movie is the journey. The other half is riddles and character building. But I love the visual metaphor of unicorns as a wave break. I dunno, its an interesting story.

This movie is all about personal growth. All the characters, even Momma Fortuna, grew emotionally. If only a small amount. The unicorn learns what it is to love and regret, Schmendrick becomes stronger and more confident, Molly Grue finds her lost innocence in the dreams and hopes of the unicorn.

Characters
The characters are all pretty strong, in my opinion.

The Unicorn... I always thought was really snobby. But I also always felt that this was necessary. I mean, if you live in an enchanted forest which is enchanted because of you just being there, and you're the only one, and everyone bows down to you like royalty... Well, you'd probably be snobby, never knowing that theres any other way in the world. As entitled as she seems, she also has a bit of that unicorn innocence and curiosity. And I like how she almost loses herself. It's an interesting thought that immortal creatures made human begin to succumb to human tendencies.

Schmendrick, the Magician, is a pretty good character. A bit naive, lacking self-esteem in the beginning, he grows and gains more confidence as the story progresses. All the characters are really kind of flawed or broken. But they are more identifiable that way.

Molly Grue... An onion of a character. Hardened and very broken, with anger quickly gentled by the mere sight of the unicorn. She is very intelligent and of all the characters, can identify and appreciate the unicorn unlike any of the others. It is almost heart wrenching to see how upset Molly Grue becomes when the unicorn is transformed into a human. Or just upon meeting her in the first place. She is full of wisdom and passion.

Lir. Kind of your typical prince Charming... Last to know, full of love for a pretty girl, practically perfect.

King Haggard. I appreciate that he's not stupid; he knows the unicorn is a unicorn, even if disguised as a human.

The Cat. I love this kitty. It has an eyepatch, a pegleg, a beard, and knows whats goin' on, droppin' hints all over the place.

The Other Characters I don't feel are really worth mentioning but they all have their highpoints and are unique.

Voice Acting
Just wanted to say I really loved the voice acting; they all seemed to fit pretty on-par.

Music
I watched this when I was really young, on VHS. Then I grew up and VHS were no longer used and no one put this on a DVD yet But when I was about 14-15 (like 12 years ago), I suddenly remembered the intro song, but didn't know from where. This was before downloading / streaming music and before YouTube. After much searching, I found the song by the band Groove Coverage. Come to find out it was a cover song. But I liked the band a lot, because it was techno. And it also led me back the movie, The Last Unicorn. Really love the song.

The band that performed the music in this movie was America and I think fits for an 80's movie.

This was kind of long. Sorry~

+10 points to anyone who drinks a Red Bull during this movie.
Edited By Kyokai on 2/22/2017 at 10:56 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.