Page 2 1, 2, 3... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 1/29/2017 at 3:20 PM Post #11
Shadir-47 years old- Masyaf: Training Ring

"Anxiety, the natural killer of the nerves." The man said rolling his shoulders a bit before picking Dhuka up as for her to stop pestering him. Shadir looked up at the balcony just as the mentor of his child made her giggle a bit. The man seemed young for a mentor, strange. He would have to speak to him in person later. It was strange he could almost say he recognized the man he was looking at. It was one of those things that made ones skin itch to think about, that refused to slip off the end of your tongue when you go to say it. He clenched his fist at his side some in frustration. "I believe she will do fine." He said in a monotoned voice his gaze blank as he looked up at the balcony a second time. If only he could recall the man's name! No time now though. "How's the wife Dagon? She holding up well?" Just make conversation and think. Maybe his vision will help him. But even in studying the man he wasn't giving away anything. Odd...was the man hiding something?

Her name had been called! Shakingly she rose from her spot on the bench and made her way up the stairs towards the mentors. Her's standing next to the Grand Master was the youngest there, his hair holding its dark color unlike the rest. He wasn't much taller than her father though he was a lot lighter in build than the man she called her father. When he nodded to her with a kind smile she smiled back. He seemed nice enough and her eagle vision told her that he was indeed a friend. That was good. With a hand on her back they returned to their spot amongst the others. For the first time she looked out over the whole of the crowd relizing then just how many sets of eye were on her. Lela gasped lightly her chest tightening up as she did. It was suddenly hard to breath, she had never seen so many people. A heavy hand found her shoulder though causing her to look up just as her vision started to blacken. Naturally she jumped a bit as the man did this.
"Easy now." He whispered to her as he looked down at her. "I don't bite." A kind smile again spread over his face as he tried to calm her some. "You know the best way to come over a bit of stage fright? Just imagine the crowd as something you find less scary or funny. I always imagine them with animal heads." He said which caused the girl to laugh a bit. "And if that doesn't work, just look past them. Learn to ignor their gaze." He had a point. Slowly the crowd faded into a heep of sand just like outside of the castle walls. Sure enough her breath returned to her chest and she calmed some. "A fast learner, I see I have my work cut out for me. I'm Darim by the way." The man smiled. Lela smiled back at him. Maybe this would be fun like she had first thought.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/30/2017 at 11:57 AM Post #12
(well my first thought was that since he stood next to the grandmaster and clearly beeing young he would have some sort of family tie to him, like a son or something like that. But the age alsoe reminds of the son that Shadir have, if so is the case, the name is wrong and why would he lie about that to his own sister? Igf he knows about her that is. So now im really curious as to who he is :D )

Atara - 22(f) - training ring
She looked to the side before climbing down the roof of the small house she had been sitting on before slowly making her way throught the crowd. For some reason she feelt as if she was way to exposed up there she had been. Never have she feelt so voulnerble since she joined this ... family. She had alway feelt at ease and relaxed. Yet up there on the roof she had feelt as if people stared at her, nailing their atention her her. So she stoped under a tree in the outer edges of the training ring. She was still pressent at the cermony, just taking shelter from the eyes she had feelt upon her. But most would asume she just wanted to get out of the sun that slowly started to cook everyone that was present. Hmm, maby she will go take a bath later on? Just walk to the rivers, taking a cooling bath and relax. Tempting, oh so tempting that was. Just waltz away and take a dip in the cooling river, simply forgetting everything for a moment. Oh that sounds just lovely! Oh so lovely!

Dagon Hajjar - 35(m) - training ring
He nodded as Shadir commented on his daughter before getting a concearned look on his face at the question of his vife. "Adil, would you mind taking Ashtoreth to the side so she can play a bit?" he asked his friend that simply took the child that gave her father a kiss on the cheeks before letting the man carry her away. After waiting for his daughter to get out of hearing distance he looked at Shadir again. "She is sick, have been for sometime now. The fever gets worse by night and at times I wake up by her shivering." he said in a anxious tone. A tired hand went through his hair, almost knocking down the hood from his head but just almost so he simply corrected it. "SHe doesnt think I notice, keeps smiling and pushing her self." he added after a few moments in silence. "oh yeah, the kids want me to give Lela a present, mind if i come by this evening? Its not quiet done yet." he said to change the subject. He really didnt like talking about his wife like this so this was a good way to alsoe have a reason for going to him later this day. It kinda worked out nicely to be honest. But it wasnt just empty words. His kids had a club that only they was allowed into. Well his oldest ones anyway. Only those who had a mentor was allowed into it. Everyone knew about the club and its ... doubtfull name, BAIT, but noone really knew much more about it since they keept it a secret, only whispering about it in the house. However he and his wife knew all its rules and secrets as they was honroble members, mostly to help with the initiation cermony to be honest.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/30/2017 at 6:03 PM Post #13

Well that worked out. He couldn't help but smile when this was brought up. He was in then, or at least he didn't know yet that he was. "Lela will be thrilled." He said simply as he grew quiet. The ceremony was coming to an end. Rather short this year, no doubt they had been looking through the crowd the whole time. But not even the sharpest of eagle bison could find them. After all they weren't in the wrong, this was their mission to be doing. "She should be home by dark, I feel that her and her mentor plan on getting to her training early. I'll tell Alhena to expect company, I may be a bit late. There's some matters in town I have to deal with." With this said he fell silent. The letter at his side seemed to burn his skin as he neglected to read it, the urge to do so wearing on his nerves. Shadir sighed lightly adjusting his grip on Dhuka. His gaze though again fell on the balcony as the ceremony was closed.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted..." The Grand Master said everyone repeating him as an echo. "We work in the dark to serve the light...we are assassins." With that everyone left, though they did so slowly some stopping to talk others to train.

"So what now?" Lela asked looking up at the man whom and started to walk from the balcony. The man simply smiled at her and took off running. He was leaving her?! No she wouldn't let happen. Steadily she chased after him keeping her pace and him in sight as she did. Clearly he was faster, better trained than herself but she kept a level head. Darim scaled a building, his foot work clean and well planned yet the girl knew she lacked the skill to follow. Roof travel was way faster then on the ground and soon she lost him. Stopping with a huffing breath she rested on a bench near her home. Well great he was gone! She had failed. Clearly she would be punished for this. She hated to think how though and chose to push it from her mind all together. Head hung she sat there trying to catch her breath. A show fell over her as the man took a seat next to her.
"You did well." He said without the slightest huff on his breath.
"But I didn't catch you."
"I didn't expect you to, not your first time. And I didn't go easy on you either. Though I'm curious as to why you didn't climb the building."
"I can't climb..." Lela answered truthfully. She had no shame, it hadn't been taught to her as of late this she was a bit rusty what she had learned.
"Well then, it's time you learn." The man said simply. "Catch your breath and we will be off."
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 1:32 PM Post #14
Just like everyone else she repeated the phrases with a calm voice. Okej, now that this is over, she will defenatly go to the river. With that the girl simply turned around, walking away. Once ontop of the wall she simply detached her chain from the holder at her hip. In silence she looked down at the trees growing on the hill that the castle rested on. After finding a sutable one she simply jumped out over the edge, with a used movement swinging her weapon. As the chain wrapped itslef arounf a branch she swiftly swung up into the air again as the chain acted like a swing almost. Once at the top at the swing she made a few flips before landing on the branch. That is always just as funny. Vipera dont just act like a weapon for her, its a mood of transport and a part of her body. With a well trained movement the chain went lose, allowing her to roll it up before just jumping down from the branch and walking to the poorling water. While walking she put the chain back at her hip. While walking she begun humming a melody. Who had taught it to her was knowledge loong lost in the shadows of time. Maby it was her real mother. Or maby it simply was one of the streetkids that had helped her for a while? Maby, well eitherway she enjoys the melody. She was so deep in thoughts that she didnt really notice the stream of water before she stepped in it, almost falling. Quickly she got out of it, removing her boots and socks before putting her feet in the cold water, just enjoying the warm sun and the chilling water.

His eyes looked up at the balcony as the grandmaster started the ending part. With everyone else on the courtyard he replied in the unison bedore looking at Shadir. "Well Il see you this evening then." he told Shadir before going to pick up his youngest daughters. As he found his son he looked around after the girls, getting all three over him, just about barley beeing able to stand on his feet. "Okej, Im caught, now what?" he asked calmly, letting his daughters cling on him, the youngest hanging on his right shoulder, the other two hanging in his left shoulder. "Well Mot and I are goign to train" the boys mentor said as the man apeard beyond the rather thin boy. "Yes sir" Mot quickly answered before following the man that walked away. "Ningal" was heard and the oldest sister disapeard to her mentor so he looked at his two youngest kids. "And you two?" he asked as the kids got thoughtfull expressions. "Uncle, we want to visit uncle!" they said after some time so with a nod he walked after the kids that raced one a other.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/3/2017 at 1:08 PM Post #15

Where had he gotten off to now? He had been right next to her and now he was gone again! How could he be that good at blending and disappearing like so? Would she possibly ever be as good as him? Lela searched the crowed using her eagle vision every now and again to try and locate him. It was to no avail, he simply was not there. How could he do that? He was her mentor for a reason though, maybe that was why unless though he simply wan't there where she was looking. With a stamp of her foot she crossed her thin arms over her chest and glared at the people of the crowd. When ever she got mad she normally would take a nice calm, walk and go to the river for a swim, which was exactly what she wanted to do now. Lela never thought she was the kind to give up on the chase that easily but it was better to work with a calm mind then an angry one. With that she left him be, not knowing that he indeed hadn't left her but instead was led away by an unknown being. He wasn't that far from her but he might as well have been miles away from the girl.
"They have him...there was nothing I could do, there was too many." a whispered voice said so no one else could hear.
"Great! Just great! First father now Malik as well! We aren't safe here anymore, we need to go Darim!"
"Sef listen to me, even if we did get away they would still find us if that is what they wished. We have to find father, that is the only way that we can get free of this." Darim said hushing his brother some as he did.
"What if they find us? Figure out our plan!" Sef said his voice clearly panicked.
"They wont because we wont be the ones that go after him, simply we supply them with information."
"What are you talking about? If we don't go then who will?"
"There is already a party forming to do just that. We just need to point them in the right direction. I have a mission in Acer that would make a good training for Lela. While we are there I can talk to the bureau leader."
"Why him?"
"He speaks the most with the all the other bureau leaders, and the master perhaps he will know more than the others. And besides we are already going that direction."
"And what if he doesn't know?"
"Then I will just have to pry the information from some others." With that he moved away turning back once to look at his younger brother before leaving. "Safety and peace Sef."
"Safety and peace brother." With that the two parted ways though when Darim made his way back to the bench in which he had left Lela he found the girl gone.

The water felt nice under toe. It was cool and comforting just as she hoped it had been. There was another woman there though she paid her no mind. More than once had she come down to calm down and found others there as well though after a few times she learned not to care. Lela waded out into the water, still fully dressed with hood and all still up. If she wanted to be an assassin she had to learn to swim with the hood up. It was harder than it looked. After nearly drowning out in the water she plopped down on the rocks with her knees up to her chest and head on her knee caps. Maybe this wouldn't be as fun as she had hoped.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/3/2017 at 2:03 PM Post #16
When she heard a gentle splash as someone enterd the river she looked to the side. A kid? Hmm, shouldnt the child be with its mentor now? Thoughtfully she looked at the kid a moment. She held a light hand on her light, thin chain just in case. But as she was about to intervein the child got up on a rock. With the two boots still on the grass next to the river the woman got up, easy making her way to the child. "Want some tips?" she asked kindly while bending her knees so she was in the same height as the kid. its a bit anoying, and at times problematic to swim with the hood on as it not only removes their line of sight but alsoe gets more and more heavy on the head, giving the feeling of you drowning. But everyone have some tricks to keep it from falling to much forward. She? Simple, she just put in a few safetypins into the hood, its simple and if donw well they wont be seen. Others that have a lot more hair than her have the hair in a updo to help keep the hood up properly. On her lips was a soft, kind and warm smile. She really wanted to help if the ... girl ... oh my. Its shadirs girl? Well that was lucky. Either way she could atleast help the child a bit without trouble. Noone would get upset by that. Tips and tricks are meant to pass from one generation to the other. It was her own mentor that had given her the safetypins to use to keep the hood up so she could safely have it while swimming. Those pins, those treasured pins are important to her, mean a lot and is one of her most treasured things. "oh hello there Alogol" she said as the rather massive lighrah made its way up to her, stroking its head against the child before stroking against the woman while purring. "I love you too darling" she shuckled a bit to the female that happy with the reasurance of the affection laied down under a tree. Since the child still had said nothing to answer she tilted her head to the side. "I promiss its okey, I just want to give a tip about the hood." she reasured the girl with a friendly smile. Her own hood is always pinned up but it simply looks as if it is folded, nothing else. It all just depends on how its done. The only time she removes the safetypins is when it needs to be washed for whatever reason.

As a shadow passed above him he looked up, staring at the sky a moment. Aurleons ... and they flew really close and really fast. "DAD!" he heard his youngest daughter almost yell after him. "Im comming Ashtoreth, dont worry" he said in a calming tone before heading after his kids. "What was you looking at?" the older of the youngest sisters asked. "The aurleons darling" he said before picking up his daughter and pointing. "See how they fly? Really close and really fast?" he asked getting a nod from his daughter. "That means a sandstorm is aproaching later today, maby towards the night or so" he explained to his daughter, Tiamat, that just nodded. "Tiamat, remember that. Its really important" he said smiling before putting down his daugther only to see the two kids rush away. Those two show no intrest what so ever in actually becomming assasins one day. He dont blame them for it, if they dont want its up to them. But he would have liked to atleast see them try to get some training. Well atleast they have a good eaglvision if nothing else. All the kids, thank god, got their mothers strength when it came to that. Their eaglevision is above his own. But to be honest, his own is subpar to most, it is honestly below the standard level of it. So for their sake he was happy for them, he really is, but it kinda stinks to be below most people at it if he is to be honest.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/7/2017 at 1:18 PM Post #17

With tears in her eyes the little girl looked up at the woman wiping a hand over her face. "You would really do that for me?" She recognized the woman as Atara, the woman that father had sent one of his letters to. Now she knew not what the letter said, that was just wrong, but she knew by the color that the woman shone in her vision that it she was one that had read the letter. She unlike the others including her father and the man he had talked to before all shone purple in her eagle vision. It was a mix of the enemy red and the loyal blue of her brethren, the color confused her greatly. Was she good or bad? Maybe this was once that she would have to take trust in her heart to tell whether the woman was good or bad. So she did. "Thank you." Lela said wiping her nose with the back of one of her hands. "But how do you plan on doing so?" This woman seemed nice enough, but like the creed said she could only assume that the woman was good based on the actions she put forth. Inside she might as well be a savage waiting for the right moment to end the girl's life. Lela tried to keep her breath calm, her eyes focused as she gazed at the woman waiting to give nothing away. A strand of deep chocolate hair fell from her hood into her eyes as she fought to keep her head lowered, the hood being the only thing that kept the woman from seeing the tears that stained her eyes and made them puffy with a red color. She must not let her see the weakness the girl's body held.

The wind blew through his hair as he took his spot atop his home, legs hanging over the edge of the hatch he had cut in the roof. There was sand in the air, the burning in his cheeks told him that, no doubt there would be a storm later that much was certain. Shadir took a breath as he watched the people mill about with their daily lives. To think they could go on while Malik was rotting in a cell below them as they spoke! The Templars grew closer and closer to their walls but did anyone seem concerned? No! They were fighting over the price of bread! This could be the death of The Brotherhood, yet that piece of bread held the grandest price of them all. When blood spilled the ground the bread would be the only one left, to soak up the blood of the fallen to feed to the pigs of men that slaughtered in cold blood! He needed to calm down, there was nothing more he could do save for free Malik and find Altair. That was his mission now. As soon as night was to fall he would get to work before the others arrived. They would leave in the storm even if it killed them.
The hatch behind him creaked as someone made they way up towards him. With cat like reflexes he had a knife in hand and turned to fend off his attacker. Alhena was working her way up the ladder below up to the roof though with child she had a hard time fitting through the hole. With a grunt she pulled herself up.
"What are you doing up here?" Shadir breathed putting the knife away glade he hadn't thrown it.
"I'm going to help you." The woman panted walking over to him and putting a steady hand on the side of his head. "And nothing you say will stop me."
"Alhena-"
"No, Shadir I'm sick and tired of this. I want to help. You forget I'm an assassin as well even with child. I can do things that you cant even now."
"Oh really? Like what?"
"I can pickpocket."
"As can I." The man said standing to face her. His arms wrapped around her as he looked down at her, a slight smile on his face. She rolled her eyes at him before laughing a bit.
"Aye, but can you tell the parents of a child just by looking at them?"
"You got me beat there. What's your point?"
"Lela's mentor, Darim, he's son to-"
"Altair...He will help us?" The woman just nodded to answer him. "We my actually stand a chance then."
"As long as you let me help."
"Very well. But it's only to get Darim to help us with this. That's it. Alhena I can't lose you or Lela, hear? What ever happens to me, you run got it? Get her and the baby out of here."
"Aye..." She said this reluctantly though he knew she meant it from her heart. With that he hugged her close afraid that this may in deed the last time they would be allowed to speak in this world.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 10:45 AM Post #18
Atara - 22(f) - The river
She just shuckled a bit, looking calmly at the girl "First of, lets get you smiling again, shouldnt you be happy today? You got a mentor and are well on our way of life. Its a lovely day and you have even gotten to take a swim. It cant be much better right?" she asked in a encouraging tone. She didnt pay to much attention to the brightblue, waterlika lighra, wich cost her a pair of dry clothes. From what apeard to be nowhere the rather playfull lighra simply grabbed the back of her utfit, pulling harshly so the woman fell backwards, over the lighra that rushed of and into the water. THe hood fell of her and a tad surpriced she looked around. "Algol, I swea on everything thats holy that I will make a coat out of you later today" she growled at the animal that just looked a bit surpriced at her. "oh you just wait fleebag" she mutterd before pulling up the hood that had water in it. So once she put it on it all ran out over it. "You are in so much trouble Algol" she said before walking up the river squeesing out the water from her outfit. *Stupied animal* she thought before sighing a bit. Well that was ... refreshing atleast. Well like this she wont be overheated atleast. Thats something, right? Yeah ... still sucks.

"Dad, DAAAAAAAAAD!" the voice of a stubborn and impatient little girl named Ashtoreth was heard. THe entire village probably knows her voice without a doubt. They could recognize it in a instant. The little girl is a massive daddys girl and if he dont pay her attention when she wants him to she gets upsets and lets everyone know it. Its more than one time he have had to tell her to be quiet. Not quiet those words but that is the gist of it. "Ashtoreth, be quiet and behave your self!" he scolded the child that looked as if she was about to start crying any moment. "NO! If you missbehave any more I will take you back home where you can clean you and your sisters room" he said in a strict manner. THis however did not sit well with the child that got a massive tempertamprum. "Tiamat, you stay here and Il bring her home. I will be right back" he said to his second youngest daughter before picking up the youngest and simply just taking the rooftop way hoe with the screaming, cursing and furious three year old girl. Once in the girls room he sat down infront of here. "You stay here, clean room and BE QUIET!" he said in a furious tone. The tone he used made her be quiet and slowly nod. WIth that he walked out to get to his other daughter that was waiting for him as told. As he landed next to his daughter the girl took his hand and he smiled down at her. "Lets go to uncle then" he smiled at her.

(sorry for short)
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/9/2017 at 3:06 PM Post #19

The girl held in her laugh as she watch the two fight. "I thought cats didn't like water?" she pointed out though there was a smile on her face as she did. Lela had never seen an animal like this one though she heard tale that her mother owned a lighara like this one, though she was a darker color. Terra, as her mother called her, had died protecting the woman from an attacker though she hadn't been forgotten. Alhena refused to get another companion after that, she even refused father get one at first but in the end she gave in. Dhuka wasn't much yet though already she helped father in a way that she hadn't seen before. It was like the two almost thought in the same way. Maybe she would get a companion soon! That would be great but first she had to learn to be an assassin. What would she get? Maybe a morrko like father? Or a cat like this one? Oh what if it was a puppy?! She loved dogs, though they sucked and climbing (much like her). That would be splendid! But for now she had the task of learning how to swim. "Alright if you insist I will let you give me some pointers." Lela said climbing down from her rock like perch. If this woman did wish to hurt her she cared not at this point with an animal like that she stood no chance even if she was to run. If there was an attack she was as good as dead.

"So what is the plan?" The woman asked as she leaned over the quick sketch her husband had came up with. It was crude but got the point across.
"We need a diversion, something to get them away from us...like a fire." The man said looking at the paper. "We need to wait for the others before we talk more." He said before again taking his seat at the window. Alhena worried for him, but in due time she knew he would get better. Hopefully.
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 11:09 AM Post #20
Atara - 22(f) - The river
She smiled a bit before getting up from the water, wrapping the clothes so thw water fell out of it. "Well we all have ouer tricks." she said as she raised her hands and removed a safetypin from under the folder. "I use these to help keep the hood up enough so I can see without problem" she explained. "Some put their hair in a high updo to help with it. There is few who dont alter it in some way." she said while putting the pins on the ground next to the girl. "You can take those if you want, I have spares at home" she smiled while folding the hood a bit once the pins were out. The lighra went up to go smell the child. So to get even with the animal she simply put her feet on the blue animal that tensed up. "Take a bath dimwit" she said to the animal that all of a sudden seemed horrified, as if it was told to go die. With that she simply pushed the animal into the water. The massive lionlike animal hissed as the water surrounded it, crawling up from it and rushed far from the water, hiding under one ofthe trees, glaring at the woman that had made her take a bath. "Stupied animal" she mutterd after the lighrah, shaking her head. "Want me to help you set it up?" she asked in a kind tone. Her own mentor had given her some pins as she had unusually little hair for a woman. So a big updo wasnt really possible to be honest. So the pins was the best option. When a shadow passed them in what seemed like the blink of an eye she quickly looked up. Sandstorm later on then. "Maby we should get you to your mentor or parents ..." she said after some time. If there is a sandstorm, it will be stupied and dangerous for anyone, adult or child will be in anger in such a weather.

Dagon Hajjar - 35(m) - the village
He walked with the girl, meeting his uncle about halfway there so the girl threw herself over the old man that just shuckled, picking her up and putting her on his shoulders. "So how is the little kiddo doing?" he asked Dagon that made a painfull face. "Can you stop calling me that?" he asked getting a laugh from his uncle that just gave him a stron ... pat ... on the shoulder. The pat made Dagon stumble a step forward. "if you didnt have my daughter on your shoulders right now Id kick your ass" he mutterd getting a laugh as a answer once more. "Yeah right, There is no way you would be able to" the elder man teased Dagon. With that said the two of them begun walking as they talked, the girl quickly getting bored got down from the shoulders and walkd with the two men, talking to them and listening carefully. "Dad, can I go and see if Da'har wanna play?" she asked curiously. "Sure darling, just be home before the storm gets here." he smiled at his daughter. The girl smiled widely, hugging her father before rushing of. With the daughter leaving him and his uncle Dagon could finally tell the man about his wife and ask him to help him out look after her if needed. "Its really that bad?" he asked looking at Dagon that just rubbed his neck. "Not just about yet. But I dont think its far from it" he answered. With that the man nodded. There wasnt really much more that could be said to be honest. With a tired sigh Dagon leaned against a pole and his shoulders dropped as he thought about his wife. She have been so down lately and he is just leaving her? For some time he stood wuiet before looking up as he got a hand on his shoulders. "Im fine, now lets get going, I bet Cybel have a lecture waiting for you" he shuckled, pulling his uncle with him.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.