Page 170 1, 2, 3... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 8:34 AM Post #1691

Ainsleigh & Tatsu

Ainsleigh and Ashleigh didn't embrace, but rather basked in one another's space as Tatsu closed the gap. That unwritten and unspoken draeyl way to embrace mates and helpless offspring, surfaced as the three adult creatures were close enough to appear welcome inside one another's personal space was the only outward appearance that identified them as a family unit. They exchanged pleasantries while walking back with the others into the old barracks hall that was to be there new home when they left. Although the exterior was pretty beat up it was homey inside in a spartan sort of way. The draeyl couple quietly admired its simplicity as the looked around.
[ "I take full responsibility for the distress we caused you and the guild... due to my lack of observation I allowed our unit to walk directly into a gods Playing field, I did not notice this fact until our exit had been eliminated and the group separated...." ]

After looking about a little and overhearing Blue's apology, Ainsleigh silently walked up behing Blue and stroked her friend between the shoulder blades. The vixen's loyalty and friendship were priceless gems that shouldn't be tarnished like this. "While I appreciate you trying to accept the blame my friend, the responsibility for that particular of the mission belongs to me." She reassured Blue and Tomen. "I was in charge of this mission, and it was my decision to accept us entering in and pursuing after the monster as we did. Aye the mission was successful, but considering what we've lost, I think we all feel that we performed our duties only passable and fair." "We have these two godling eggs to turn in. Is anyone still around that will know what we should do with them?" Tatsu asked with trepidation.

"All in good time papa." Ashleigh said to Tatsu's remark. Tatsu and Ainsleigh glanced at one another, then to Tomen and Blue, mainly because they were so near. Nina was still fawning over Apollo so neither of them bothered a glance her way and cause any suspicion. As for Rose Petal she appeared to be taking everything as it came, without thought for what could happen, or so it seemed. Maybe it was just some paranoia, or the naturally enigmatic nature of certain groups of draeyl but the situation didn't tally in either Tatsu or Ainsleigh's minds; and they gauged Tomen's and Blue's behavior and responses to make sure their warrior's nature weren't misplaced. These were their loved ones and the other adults, that were children they interacted with before they entered clockwork's dungeon. Ashleigh, Apollo, and Riker all seemed perfectly comfortable in their situation, but everyone else being gone and leaving just these few behind; who would've been fighting recruits when the others left, was making them wonder if they weren't caught up in one of Clockwork's time loops?

The footsteps outside caused them to turn instinctively, natural footsteps that heavy could only mean a flightless draeyl if not the dark abomination the kids had just warned them all about.
Edited By Harleyc on 5/30/2017 at 8:37 AM.
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1692
Rosepetal was scared. She had no time to think. She was quite desperate.
Stormfoot
Level 60
Threads: 62
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 10:00 PM Post #1693

It turned out it was Basil who ran straight into the room, breathing heavily, he tripped over but got right back up "Guys... I was flying around, making sure there wasn't any monsters... and I saw.... Brute... and Juhi... they were coming this way..."

"Seriously? Did they look well? Are they happy? Are Th-" Apollo asked Basil, although he was silenced by Riker "Alright Apollo, let Basil catch his breath first before asking anymore questions"
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 10:06 PM Post #1694
Blues ears Perked Up at Juhi's Name, hopefully him and brute were both in good spirits at least. Though something tugged at her mind a lot more than her old friends right now, her egg she had left behind what had become of it ...

Tomen chuckled and spoke " Well It will be nice to see some old Faces " He said lightheartedly though he feared the situation to be quite grim.
Stormfoot
Level 60
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 10:19 PM Post #1695

Lily and Fir walked into the room "What's with all the ruckus? some people are trying to sleep you know" Lily grumbled. Fir sat down next to Basil, who was still catching his breath
Edited By Stormfoot on 5/31/2017 at 8:22 AM.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 5/31/2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1696
"Really?" Nina asked. brute was the first one I met. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him Nina thought. She smiled
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 5/31/2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1697

Ashleigh

With no thought for how it might appear, Ashleigh grabbed a pint mug and dunked it into a water barrel. Basil had done her a solid by coming in from the perch and announcing Brute and Juhi in-coming. Knowing his interest in her, she took advantage of it and planted her free hand over his sternum and slowly pushed him back three paces and made him sit on a bench. She had no doubt that he would relent to her silent request. "Take this, and drink up. You've been up on that perch for several hours now. I'll head back up and take the watch until you are rested. Just fill me in on what our superiors have to say, okay?" She smiled at him, then turning back to her mum and da still smiling. "I've got to get back to post, but we'll catch up tonight. We still have the old barracks room A-3." She told them as she winged her way out to the perch.

Tatsu & Ainsleigh

"Somebody lighted off the wrong side of the perch this morning." Tatsu commented at Lily's sleepy grumbles. Clearly she was having a good life dream and didn't want to be awakened, unless her mate was having some life ideas of his own. It was a cute thought, but not his business at the moment. He still had the Ny'vene godling egg tucked into his left side and would be glad of relinquishing it so his scent didn't permeate into the calcium. The last thing he needed was a Ny'vene thinking it had some strange attachment to him. He was ready to comment to such when Ashleigh physically touched Basil. Males didn't nurture their young, but his paternal hackles lifted his scales, giving him a roughened and more fearsome appearance. Basil was untested in his eyes. Once his daughter was out of sight, his appearence returned to normal and his thoughts returned to the eggs. "Not to be pushy, but let's find someplace out of the way to store these until we understand what Brute and Juhi are here for." He suggested to the others.
Ainsleigh had quickly shifted her body to run her tail over top of Tatsu's and slowly run it down the length of it and wrap their tips together. This was secretly what made Tatsu's hackles relax instinctively. Basil was not a threat and perhaps that male drive to prove that no other male was better was going to drive a wedge between the two of them and Ashleigh's affections if mother had any say in the matter; and often it was mom's only that mattered anyway. Once that was becalmed she looked around at the problem Tatsu suggested. Already she had set her godling egg on the floor and had her left foot keeping it from rolling away. Though already the answers were right there in front of all of them. "Perhaps it would be best to shade these two in plain sight?" Ainsleigh suggested as she looked at Apollo, Nina and Rose Petals. "Perhaps it will let us use the shadow realm to our advantage rather than our harm this time."

The plan Ainsleigh had was rather simple. Place the eggs into a pocket shadow in one of the corners of the room. Surely between three ryoris they could identify and/or invoke a shadow pocket until the elders' purpose for the visit were clear. Then if the intentions toward the eggs were of a somewhat hostile nature, Tomen could use his dark powers to barrier the eggs from theft. It wasn't that Ainsleigh or Tatsu were being paranoid, but it was a base they felt best to cover, because ten years is a long time to go missing.
Stormfoot
Level 60
Posted: 5/31/2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1698

After Ashleigh left, Basil turned his attention to Tatsu, he stretched out his wings and made a low hissing noise to show he wasn't afraid of a challenge. He then folded his wings, and turned to Inferno "I think we should put them in Inferno's room, the Ny'vene egg looks like it's about to hatch soon, and I don't think it would be good for a newborn to be in the shadow realm" he suggested, still keeping an eye on Tatsu

"It doesn't matter! Juhi and Brute aren't like that, yet you probably can't see that because all you draeyls are idiots!" She yells angrily "You just insulted an entire species, that probably wasn't the best choice to make, although you've made dumber choices" Fir replies
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 5/31/2017 at 11:52 PM Post #1699
Blue Turned to the others but stayed a bit back from the others Ainsleigh had done good to console her feelings on the situation, but she still took responsibility for the inability to avoid such a fate. Her mind became clouded with thoughts of what she had missed and wheat became of their youngest, but all her thoughts were broken when Damion spoke

" I'll take responsibility of the nixi egg when when you all get settled...." he paused locking eyes with blue his look was one her Father use to give her, but his words were something that never would have come out of her fathers mouth " And You.... no running this time not every failure is yours to carry... and if you don't lighten up before the days... In the ring.." he said with a growl before padding toward one of the rooms.

Tomen Flicked his ears at the conversation and growled at the mention of a Ring " You Think that will solve anything! Shes a lit fuse as it is you've seen her after something like this Just Back Off!" he Barked lunging in Damions direction.

Blue Was not at all surprised by Tomens reaction, but now was not the time for them to be yelling and arguing among themselves. " Tomen Back down, It will be as he wishes.... Unless you'd rather me take it out on you.." She said a hint of warning in her voice

Tomen relaxed instantly but couldn't help but smirk at her comment. " It'd be a pleasure to serve you M'lady.." he half mumbled to witch blue flattened her ears, now was not the time for foolish Jokes either, but if it calmed him down she let him speak.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 6/2/2017 at 7:44 AM Post #1700

Ainsleigh & Tatsu

Since the lady of the pair was so forward in her speaking, Ainsleigh decided to step in and carry the conversation, seeing as Lily and Fir didn't seem to mind accusing them of specieism while doing so themselves. "Mind how you kettles whistles, she replied with a low angry growl in her voice, for we pots might be big and dumb, but we are strong, hardy and don't mind furry meat that crunches and tastes good with ketchup." Tatsu nodded and acknowledged Basil's and then Damien's ideas. They seemed far more sensible, and more knowledgable about the barracks anyway. "That would be good." He replied to Basil and moved over to hand over the egg to the younger draeyl. He then moved up behind Ainsleigh and planted a palm on her shoulder which made her turn and face him. "No need to stoop dearest, I'm sure they misunderstand our intent." Tatsu flicked his forked tongue against her cheek and she flinched away and hissed at him. Although agressive looking to others, it was a loving sign between them, as well as a reprimand for a public display of affection; often causing younger draeyl to turn away to not see such a thing.

"It's been ten years to you and only a day for us." Tatsu reminded them. "It's been a long time and loyalties may have changed hands for all we know. The guild is broken up and usually in a guild war, leaders like them are generally slain, not kept alive lest they pledge their loyalty to the new group and prove themselves. Coming to slay us returning from an adventure would be a sure proof of that. So if you think us mistrusting, then you'd best excuse our experience in these matters."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173
This Page loaded in 0.021 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.