Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - FINAL...
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1
~Sylestia's Next Top Designer (Cycle 2)~
FINAL ROUND VOTING

VOTING OPEN

Voting Ends: Monday, September 5th at 6:00PM Sylestia Time

Welcome voters to this round of the contest. Your participation is important to us and much appreciated. Thank you.

To contestants...this is the big one! The final round. This is what you have all been working so hard for. We started with 21 and we are down to 5. After this voting we will be crowning our winners and handing out prizes.

Good luck everyone!

NOTE: Due to the length of this post, Design Set #4 and Design Set #5 had to be put in a different post. Please be aware when you're voting.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your ONE favorite Design Set They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for by number, and not just design name. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

FINAL ROUND THEME - Historical Decades
Alright contestants, pay close attention because these instructions are important. This is our final round.

For this round you will all be assigned a decade in history. You must make FIVE designs based off of things which occurred within you decade. This could be historical event, pop culture, highest grossing film, popular music, or famous people born or making their debut, and this is just to name a few. As long as it happened in your timeline it's fair game, though I encourage everyone not to get too obscure.

Now I will mention that I mean American history when referring to these decades. I apologize to any contestants who are not from the United States and may feel at a slight disadvantage. I needed to keep everyone on an even playing field.

This round will require a good deal of research and I want everyone to put as much effort into your designs as possible. Remember, you will be making FIVE separate designs representing your decade. Your assignments will be messaged to you.

Design Set #1 - The 1960s

Floral Dress Qitari

Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles) Aeridini

Reference - (youtube it)

Moon Landing Lighira

Kennedys Assassination Nephini

Mens Sweater Fashion Lupora

Design Set #2 - The 1970s

Vietnam War Morkko
I used for my Vietnam design a newspaper that was stained with blood.

Hippie Bulbori

Disco Zolnixi

Elvis Presley The King Faelora

Richard Nixon Aurleon

Design Set #3 - The 1980s

The Simpsons Vulnyx (Mmmmm Donuts)
I tried to make the tundra fur like his shirt while the blue was his pants. I made the rest of it's fur yellow, like Homer's skin and added the beige where the mouth was to replicate Homer's beard-thing-mouth...-thing...

Ghostbuster Ryori
The Ghost busters film was extremely popular, so I thought I'd use the most iconic thing from it: the logo!

Back to the Future Ryori
You know how when the car leaves, it trails a bit of fire behind it? Thought I might use that on the ryori

80s Colorblaster Griffi
Now in the 80's, they seemed oddly obsessed with the colors yellow, orange, blue, and pink. (rip green) It looks a little funky, but hey, that's what the 80's were known for, amiright?
http://80spalettes.tumblr.com/

Beat It Lupora
Reference - (Youtube it)
Now we all know the famous song, Beat it. (Great song btw) It seemed like quite a bad-boyish, so I used some bad-boy things on this Lupora!

Edited By Britters on 9/5/2016 at 11:36 AM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 7:07 PM Post #2
Design Set #4 - The 1990s

Pokemon Nytekrie
For some of us... This creation saved our crippled, corrupted childhood. Surrounded by an atmosphere made up of the breath of those who use their words to insult, attack, and convince you that you are worth nothing. For some of us this game shed light on our creativity and allowed us to discover the fun and adventure the world had to offer. So, with sentimental value, I chose it as one model of my five designs. Pretty or not, it's the heart that counts here.

Titanic Griffi
At some point we have all heard of the famous unsinkable ship, the Titanic. I personally have never seen the movie, but the event touches me in a way I cannot define. I think of all the people who died in the glacial waters... But I can't help but wonder about the information still buried in the ocean depths, the missing pieces we will never know. What secrets is that story hiding?

My Heart Will Go On Aurleon
When you fall in love with someone, when you truly love them, you form a very special bond. This bond never breaks, no matter how bad you fight... Everybody fights, but nothing ever comes between you. Celine Dion lost her husband quite recently, but her song is so beautiful... So touching, I can only imagine how badly that hurt her. While I am scared to love because of how badly I don't want to lose it, this song reminds me that no matter how far the loved one may be... They are still living within you, safe, and you can always go on. Almost like a ghost... And pink is considered to be a ghost color, so I chose deep shades of it to represent love and passion.

Magic of Aladdin Kelpari
Aladdin, one of my favorite Disney plays and movies. The poor boy in love with the princess stumbles upon a genie who helps him meet the requirements to spend time in her royal presence. Royalty, Arabic culture, the colors of the sunset, and the magic carpet led me to create these kelpis.

Traveling Soldier War Ny'Venes
Reference - (Youtube Traveling Soldier)
Many wars broke out in the 90s, many in the middle east. The Gulf war and Rwandan Civil war were just two of these. The soldiers were dressed in brown, gray, and green. Although the Vietnam War didn't take place in the 90's, a song about it called Traveling Soldier was originally written in them. Just a fun-ish fact I found when I was creating this design reminded of that song. (Which brings me tears every time I listen to it by the Dixie Chicks.)

Design Set #5 - 2000s

Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Faelora
That is the salt lake city winter Olympics emblem which happened in 2002. I used an fae because the national animal of Utah *which salt lake city is in* is a rocky mountain elk.

9/11 Aurleon
My second design will be, 9/11. horrible thing but it will always be in americas history. I based it off the logo never forget that was created in remembrance of this event. And of course i'm going to use a aurleon. Because its the national symbol *the golden/bald eagle* of the country.

War on Iraq Griffi
My third design is about America Vs. Iraq. President George W. Bush called for the first attack on the country due to a series of terriost attacks and of course the 9/11 incident. This flag is from 2003 - 2011 part of the war there. I chose griffi because i think its a sylesti for war. They are the battle species. The murkiness on the colour represents the actual event of the evil that war portrays.

Batman - The Dark Knight Nephini
My idea for this one is to use one of the films that I saw and thought was amazing. I based this nephini off Batman, the Dark Knight, which was released in 2008. It is american because DC. is a american company. The film won 2 oscars, and was nominated for 6 others, including best actor for supporting role and best achievement in sound editing. It also won a golden globe award and a bafta. The film was amazing.

Hurricane Katrina Aurleon
This one is going to be based off hurricane katrina, that happened in 2005. It was the worst storm to be recorded in america of all time.

Edited By Britters on 9/1/2016 at 7:10 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 7:41 PM Post #3
Set 5 for me :) nicely done!
Skywright
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 8
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 8:12 PM Post #4
Design # 4 is amazing
Haleighb
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 8:32 PM Post #5
Set 4 for me
WOW :P
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 8:57 PM Post #6
I pick set #4 :3
Fernwhisper
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 9:00 PM Post #7
I'll say set 2.
IiPurePoison
Level 61
Trickster
Threads: 52
Posted: 9/1/2016 at 9:28 PM Post #8
Set 2 for me! C:
Darkchaoscrawler
Level 60
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 26
Posted: 9/2/2016 at 4:53 AM Post #9
4 for me, I adore the pokemon nyte and the titanic griffi, although it put that horrible theme song in my head everytime i look at it lol
Katrinastrider
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 9/2/2016 at 6:20 AM Post #10
Design set #2
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.