Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 2:47 AM Post #1
@Site_Users,

As of August 7th, the Demo Zone has been disabled.
This is in preparation of the the third region.

We have a working Demo for you guys to play with the new Exploration System!

http://www.sylestia.com/explore/demozone/

I will keep this post up to date with new additions to the Demo. We plan on upgrading the Demo to a fully functional Exploration Zone. You will be able to battle, find stuff, find named, etc. There will even be unique Avatar Items available. The zone will scale to your party's Level and is accessible at any point in the storyline via the URL above.

We hope that this will let you guys play around with the new system, find bugs, and give us feedback while we continue to create the actual zones.

Once Astryl's Vale is released, the Demo will be removed. Since the Demo is actually a map of the first zone in Astryl's Vale, all of its content will be available from there. So the avatar items and whatnot will still be obtainable in game.

Added on June 21st
A lot of performance updates to the demo. Response times of any actions improved somewhat noticeably.

You can now encounter random battles against Sylesties only. When you find a battle, you have the option of battling or running away. Running away has a chance to fail.

Once in a battle, you can battle as normal. However, the only 'avatar' action available is using a trap. You cannot move your party, use consumables, or scanners at this time. Those features will be added within the next few days.

Added on June 25th
We have fixed a lot of script bugs with the demo so everything should run a bit smoother.

The Finishers category has been removed. All abilities are now found under Attacks. Furthermore, when selecting a pet that does not already have a target, the Attacks window will automatically open. These changes were made to decrease the amount of presses required per turn.

The Manage window is now fully functional. You can Party Swap, use Elixirs, use Draughts, use Traps, and use Scanners. The Genetic Scan display has also been improved and now offers a 250x250 image of the pet scanned as well as the statistical and genetic information.

Enemies now have a chance to drop loot. Loot includes random Equipment, Experience Orbs, and Essences.

Lastly, we noticed a mistake with the rarities of all enemies in the demo. This has been fixed and Common Sylesties can now be found.

Added on June 26th
A few more bug fixes were made. Additionally, players can now exit a zone by clicking and confirming the Exit Zone button. Although this serves no real purpose in the Demo, it will be how you leave real Zones.

Additionally, players can now attempt to run away during a battle. It's not a guarantee success. Failing to run away causes the turn to calculate with your pets doing nothing.

Out of battle, you can now open your Inventory to use items or Party Swap by clicking the two appropriate buttons above the directional buttons.

Added on June 28th
The very first Named has been added! Here is how Named work... Each Named has a designated spawn location inside of a Zone. In the case of this Named, it's X:034 Y:027 (south east corner of the Zone). A Named is not guaranteed to be up as each Named will have a Placeholder. A Placeholder is a standard enemy with a unique look and name and appears on the Map as you explore.

When you defeat a Named or its Placeholder, there is a respawn timer (15 minutes) until either the Named or Placeholder spawns again. Once it's back up, it'll reappear on the Map and can be battled once again.

For this Named, she has unique drops: An Uncommon Avatar Item, a Rare Avatar Item, and an Epic Avatar Item. Additionally, Named can drop Rare or Epic Equipment.

Please post any questions or feedback and happy hunting!

Features Coming Soon:
-TBD
Edited By 1 on 8/7/2013 at 12:07 AM.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 2:53 AM Post #2
Testing it now! OUO
Looks promising Krin!
Tpll
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 59
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 3:08 AM Post #3
This is so awesome! <3
Really nice work guys, as usual :3
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 3:33 AM Post #4
Testing it out Looks pretty cool!
Leen
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 31
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 4:30 AM Post #5
This is so cool ;A; GJ you guys!! It looks very promising and I love how your first party pet follows you aaaah!!
Gumdrops
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 7
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 4:37 AM Post #6
One thing that hit me right away as something I'd like to have is the ability to move diagonally.
Zick3
Level 49
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 4:54 AM Post #7
Semms interesting ^-^ I can't wait till more is added
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 5:11 AM Post #8
Oh My Glob its so adorable!!! i cant wait to see more!
Draikanis
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 6:48 AM Post #9
Awesome!! I can't wait for it to be released!

(P.S In the future maybe you could add all the party members walking together in a line?)
Edited By 4747 on 6/8/2013 at 7:49 PM.
Varick
Level 35
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/8/2013 at 7:21 AM Post #10
Small criticism: Might be better if only half of the "border" areas - the spaces where if you enter them you move to a new screen - were visible?

Possible bug: could not interact with a chest (tried adjacent and atop), interact button did not become active.

The only other thing, and this is only on my end, but the interface is larger than my available screen area. I'm running on a netbook with maybe a 12" screen, at highest available resolution, and I have to zoom out in my browser (text becomes quite small and hard to read) in order to see all the relevant parts of the interface at once. Might a lower resolution option be made available for those of us with hardware limitations? It's an issue with the site in general, but hasn't been significant before this.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.