Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 4:26 PM Post #31
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/2/2024 at 7:51:39pm

Quote From:
You would have to have four enhanced pets to make it the easiest. So say two dads that carry Tiger Stripes, Advanced Runes, Feathered Wings, Jeweled Collar....and then two moms that carries Tiger Stripes, Advanced Runes, Feathered Wings and Small Horns.

You would need both pairs to have offspring that show/carry all 5 genes....then breed the two offspring to then have a baby that show all 5 things.

I can't guarantee this is the best method of accomplishing it, but it's the easiest to explain lol. The odds of having a baby come out with all 5 genes/mutations is about 2.6%.

That's an easier, more expensive way to go about it lolol. (Regular vulnyx essences are soooo abundant though...D: )

Is the chances of the offspring in the 2nd gen (carriers of all 5 genes) creating a baby varied? Like the chances of each gene showing up is a separate percentage?

@Flute,

I don't quite understand what you are specifically asking, but maybe this will answer it.

If both parents carry the same gene, their offspring can have the following:
-Visible Gene (25% chance)
-Carries Gene (50% chance)
-Nothing (25% chance)

If both parents show the same gene, their offspring will have a 100% chance of showing the gene.
-Visible Gene (100% chance)

If only one parent carries a gene, their offspring can have the following:
-Carries Gene (25%)
-Nothing (75%)

And lastly if only one parent shows a gene, their offspring will have a 100% chance of carrying the gene.
-Carries Gene (100%)

Does that help to clear it up some?
Edited By 1 on 1/23/2013 at 4:27 PM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 4:32 PM Post #32
Quote From:
@Flute,

I don't quite understand what you are specifically asking, but maybe this will answer it.

If both parents carry the same gene, their offspring can have the following:
-Visible Gene (25% chance)
-Carries Gene (50% chance)
-Nothing (25% chance)

If both parents show the same gene, their offspring will have a 100% chance of showing the gene.
-Visible Gene (100% chance)

If only one parent carries a gene, their offspring can have the following:
-Carries Gene (25%)
-Nothing (75%)

And lastly if only one parent shows a gene, their offspring will have a 100% chance of carrying the gene.
-Carries Gene (100%)

Does that help to clear it up some?

Ah, a little. I think I'm just faced with either a bunch of number crunching or a bunch of breeding attempts in the dark. o:

/sighs with the thought of numbers, I'll revisit this someday later.
Should I forgo the breeding project once I get 2 enhanced essences to create carrier pets or try my luck with multiple pets showing and carrying genes?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 4:38 PM Post #33
Quote From:

Ah, a little. I think I'm just faced with either a bunch of number crunching or a bunch of breeding attempts in the dark. o:

/sighs with the thought of numbers, I'll revisit this someday later.
Should I forgo the breeding project once I get 2 enhanced essences to create carrier pets or try my luck with multiple pets showing and carrying genes?

I was thinking about this and I would personally just go with the carrier pets lol. But that's because I like simple. I don't know which method would be faster.

You could maybe ask a player who does breeding projects and get their opinion on which would be the best method.

Whichever method you choose though, obtaining a quint-visible pet is a very big project. But once you get there, I'm sure you would greatly reap the benefits.
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Threads: 44
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 4:50 PM Post #34
A quint-vis project would be astronomically long and arduous of a task to take on, it really could take a looooong time to get the exact results you need; however, I would heavily suggest talking to Rosedawn about large breeding projects. She's a genetic pro at figuring these kinds of things out and has been doing breeding projects like these as far back as when she played on PonyIsland (years and years of practice and thinking up breeding projects).
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 4:52 PM Post #35
Quote From:
I was thinking about this and I would personally just go with the carrier pets lol. But that's because I like simple. I don't know which method would be faster.

You could maybe ask a player who does breeding projects and get their opinion on which would be the best method.

Whichever method you choose though, obtaining a quint-visible pet is a very big project. But once you get there, I'm sure you would greatly reap the benefits.

The enhanced essences would take quite awhile to get I'd think, though it'd be way easier to do so that way, plus colors aren't compromised.

It really does sound like fun though -- so many babies in hopes for two 5-carriers. xD

Thanks everyone for the help with my half-baked idea~ ;u;
Vaxl
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 2/17/2013 at 3:00 AM Post #36
I'm sorry if this was already asked and I didn't catch it, but how it is determined which mutations are dominant?
IE I test bred a zolnixi with mutation 2 as spirit flames, and a zolnixi with mutation 2 as the fairy wings or whatever, and the offspring had fairy wings. Why are wings the dominant allele? Because the wings are on the father?
I've tried the test generator several times and it's only giving me two separate results, one that shows nothing and one that only shows wings, so I'm assuming it's the dominant allele.
Edited By 2248 on 2/17/2013 at 3:12 AM.
Darlingng01
Level 60
Threads: 10
Posted: 2/17/2013 at 9:49 AM Post #37
Okay, so I think I understand the passing on of traits, but what about stats? Do the stats of the parent effect the stats of the offspring? Say, if I have two parents really high level, will the child be stronger then if I had never trained the parents?
Vaxl
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 2/18/2013 at 10:09 AM Post #38
Or I guess I'll phrase it this way. One pet has visible flames for gene 2, ff, and the other has hidden wings, Nw. (N being the dominant allele for nothing.) So we end up with the possibilities Nf, Nf, wf, wf.
For the wf combinations, why are the wings always showing and never flames? Is it just because wings are the first option on the dropdown list? Does it have to do with which parent has which trait?
I'm assuming that it would just show Butterfly Wings for trait two, but if this wf were to be bred with a zolnixi that has Nf, could it still end up with the genotype ff? Or does showing a trait automatically make it homozygous?
Edited By 2248 on 2/18/2013 at 1:35 PM.
Bella1988
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 78
Posted: 2/18/2013 at 1:01 PM Post #39
I second Vaxl's question.

To rephrase, I have a parent who's homozygous for gene one (AiAi) and another who is also homozygous for gene one, but a different variation (AbAb). Assuming Ai is dominant to Ab, the offspring would only display the Ai trait, so phenotype would be Ai. But would genotype of the offspring be AiAi or AiAb?
Kaosu
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 2/24/2013 at 12:21 AM Post #40
Kinda related to breeding, but more related to the colors. From what it seems the colors are chosen along a gradient between the two parents.

That's where this lovely page comes in. It takes two hexadecimal numbers, and spits out up to 255 gradient steps between the the two colors, allowing you to see if the two pets have a chance of creating the color you are desiring.

This helps really well if you are breeding two completely different colored sylesti together as the breeding preview appears to always favor one parent over the other.

Edit: ALSO relating to the above questions.

If you look at the image file of a pet thats been genetically tested, it will show the two genes its carrying.

An AB will show trait A, but still allow B to be bred in. I have two Sylvorpa that show this well. If you look at their parents, neither parent shows the visible gene, but the image file url shows that one parent does carry it 'hidden'.
Edited By 979 on 2/24/2013 at 12:26 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.