Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Here on the Land and Sea
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Liandralithe
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 54
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1

Citizens of the Deep. Our beloved Kingdom is in great danger. I beseech thee to lend your aid to vanquish the evil that threatens our home. I, Queen Athena, will handsomely reward these brave knights and their steeds who lend aid. Of course, you shall be handsomely rewarded for your efforts. Even if you fall in battle you will forever be remembered as an honorable knight, hero of our land. Speak to Grand Master Crevice on how to apply for duty.

'Ello you scallywags. Think you're good enough to represent the kingdom? Well ya'll have another thing coming. I am Grandmaster Crevice and this noble steed at my side is Shark. The enemy is swift and powerful and I won't be sending any spineless cowards to their deaths. Prove to me you have the strength and skill to defend thy fair land. Each of you will receive a steed of your very own to pass through my trials and tribulations. Tell me your story and your steed's attributes. Lets begin.

Design an avatar and pet combo. You can choose Kelparis and Sylvorpas but if you are able to make a water themed pet, any species will do. You must also create a backstory with your achievements and heroics. After all, you are trying to convince Grandmaster Crevice to let you join the army.

The prizes: Regenerable Kelpari for all participants. You just need to show a good faith effort in following the requirements. The better the submissions, the higher traited Kelpari you win.

1st place Winner: Breedable pair of 12 tp Regenerable Kelparis and 100 diamonds.

2nd place Winner: Breedable pair of 10-11 tp Regenerable Kelparis and 150k gold.

3rd place Winner: Breedable pair of 8-9 tp Regenerable Kelparis and 50k gold.

Participation prize: Single Regenerable Kelpari from 6-7 tp

Submission End Time: April 24th at 12:00 pm Sylestia Time
Edited By Liandralithe on 4/19/2016 at 11:53 AM.
Liandralithe
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2
Winners:
Maddiebird
Level 58
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 3:16 PM Post #3
Wait, so we just design an avatar and pet combo and then create a backstory?
Liandralithe
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 3:20 PM Post #4
Thats right. Only those three things. Back story doesn't need to be long as long as its creative and fits the theme.
CrimsonVixen
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 5
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 3:25 PM Post #5

This Naga that holds the commonly known name of "The Beast Tamer" though her real name is Ivy. She is well known to tame the fiercest of beast one of which being her mare Lilith. Lilith was the first beast that she had tamed, Lilith was rampaging through Ethernia about to be slain when Ivy pushed the troops aside and slithered up to the rampaging Kelpari. When the mare saw that someone was not afraid she settled and walked up to Ivy and sniffed her curiously then nuzzled her. Many of the townsfolk were in shock at the scene that had just unfolded. After that Ivy and Lilith have been known to go from city to city aiding with rampaging beasts and releasing them back to the wild though some like to stay. Through three years of assisting the many realms she was requested to stay in many of them but then others would not get her assistance. So to this day she still wanders the realms helping where she is needed.

Lilith is one of the swiftest Kelpari's on land and sea and she can conjure up a thick fog to conceal her and Ivy as well as Ivy's allies in a combative situation.
Edited By CrimsonVixen on 4/19/2016 at 5:20 AM.
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Threads: 96
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 3:36 PM Post #6

I am Icicle. I have migrated here from the frosty Arctic waters with my noble steed, Glacier. I have single-handedly drove the terrifying Icy Bandits from the Arctic with only my staff and I have done years of training with the Royale Arctic Army. I found my steed Glacier as a young Kelpari, battling a walrus family. I helped her and she is now bonded to me. Glacier is a strong Ice Kelpari. We hope to together help drive the danger away from our kingdom.
Edited By Happiness on 4/26/2016 at 4:03 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 4:41 PM Post #7

Did this on my phone, hope it's okay! Bear with me here xD

Noc and I have been partners for years. It all started on a bright, warm day in the woods. Me and my childhood friends we playing by the lake, the one particular lake that was forbidden to us. What would be the fun of anything else?

This lake was more like a small see, surrounded by jagged rocks and near the ocean. It was cut off by a straight but still filled with salt water. However, this made the lake very viscous, with waves back washed into it. Most of these being sneak waves.

Me and my friends were playing one of our favorite games, who could get the closest to the shoreline without being pulled in. It was my turn, and I lost my footing. A riptide dragged me down as the drop off was not far away, and I sunk to my assuming death.

I gave up on fighting the current when they lashed me against the sharp rock walls of the lake. I then found myself out of breath and struggling for consciousness as I watched the light fade from above me, and the pressure increased on my frail child body.

I was soon staring into the watery yellow eyes of the sea stallion I named Noc. He was intimidating for a young kelpari, dark by nature and burly from swimming against such rough waters. Something clicked between us right then, some secret, mysterious force funneled trust into his brave heart and he carried me back up to shore just in time. I don't know how I survived, but I've stood taller since.

No one was there when I returned, and I couldn't bring myself to go back into the woods alone after that, shaking and wounded. Salt water stung my injuries, and I was obliged to stay with Noc. He (against my will) took me back out into the lake and into a chilly cave hidden under the crashing waves. That was where we stayed for the next year or so, training in the viscous riptide stay almost claimed my grave.

That lake eventually became closed in when an earthquake collapsed the entrance to the ocean. I knew from knowledge, and Noc knew from instinct, that this lake would dry up because of that, as that was its water supply. And as it turns out, Noc and I had formed a pretty strong bond after I decided to take a turn to the adventurous life.

That is how Noc and I ended up on the isolated island we call Banter. As the Warriors we were, Noc and I took to defending this small bit of land as our territory. We stay near the coast, fending off predators that threaten us. Things like Morkko, lupora, and the occasional sylvorpa can be a problem But the most common thing we run into is pirates.

Over time we have become skilled as a team, never leaving the other. We have taken down countless enemies,in countless battles. You'll find we do best with underwater tactics. Noc has been trained by yours truly to have an ability that allows him to let me breath underwater for up to ten minutes. This helps us ambush our enemy from beneath.

We would love to serve in your war and promises our best efforts in doing so, respectively, Aura and Noc
KaliOfDarknesss
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 38
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 6:31 PM Post #8

Killua, Sea Witch, famous for her use of underwater fire.
Edana, Warrior long forgotten, the ripples of her actions are still felt today.
The two get on like a house on fire; dangerous, destructive, beautiful to watch.
They have always avoided answering the question of how they met, but are ready to dance together into battle as the need calls. Killua enchanted the jewels upon Edana's armor with her fire magic, and as a result Edana, too, can call upon the flames at will. Edana herself gifted Killua with one of her teeth, lost in an unnamed battle. This exchange of personal treasures has forever bound the pair together.
In the dance known as combat, armed with fire and claws, or fire and extendable, flexible tail, the two frequently dance between their fights, keeping the enemy unbalanced and unsure of what might be coming.
Wolvesofdeltora
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 31
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 8:17 PM Post #9

I am Littoral sorceress of the tides and this is my partner Bathyal. Together we watch over the tide pools and caves that dot the rock cost lines. we are most well known for using massive waves and powerful currents to wash away any who dare harm the fragile coastline.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 8:35 PM Post #10

Protectors of nature and innocence. Huntress' of destroyers and guilty. Their names are Vena, and her might steed Trixi.
They traveled around the lands, fighting off villains and vain heroes alike with the sword that no one could break.
Vena and Trixi have legends told about their excellence- legends of heroics, of downfall, of beauty. But one legend stands out among the the thousands told.
Vena came across an ocean that she needed to cross- the Ocean of Secrets. No one has crossed this ocean before alive, regardless of the transportation method. But no one had flown across on wings.
This is where she met Trixi, a long Kelpari still trying to find her role in society. She was abandoned by her mother, father, and many siblings after they realized she was a Kelpari in a family of Qitari.
Vena found this poor animal, and took it upon herself to make sure that no one was ever neglected or abused by anyone.
So, they flew across together, Trixi in Vena's arms and Vena flapping her strong, armour-clad wings.
You want to know the heroics of this mysterious pair? Here you go.
-They fended off an entire herd of Morkko hurting a Lupora family.
-They saved a Morkko cub from drowning
-They defeated many villains, including thieves, liars, traitors, and more.

You're looking for recruits? There's a pair right here just waiting to fell beasts with a sword.
So here you go. Good luck, may I add, if I am not chosen.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.