Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Spring Festival 2016 - Mutation Design
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Riokki
Level 60
Threads: 25
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 12:14 PM Post #101
The end date is April 17th c:
No idea when the winners will be announced though. Probably at the beginning of the festival?
Noodledragon518
Level 40
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 12:51 PM Post #102
ok sweet! thank you!
Noodledragon518
Level 40
Threads: 9
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 1:39 PM Post #103
spring collar aeridini!:

my inspiration was the neck ruffles on my prom dress.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 4:41 PM Post #104
I am going to post my entries in pieces so that if Photobucket crashes my browser or computer (which it is prone to doing both) before I'm done, I won't lose everything and have to start all over again. xD If you choose any of them, feel free to rename them and/or tweak them as desired. x3 Clicking the images takes you to that image in my Photobucket album where you can click the magnifying glass icon to view the image at full size. Some of these turned out better than others because my arm got weak and ...unstable... while I was doing some of them. (Sorry...)

Aeridini - Tentacle Flower

The tentacles for the flower are supposed to match the Tentacles Wings Mutation... ^_^;

Aurleon - Spines/Spikes/Spine Spikes

The spikes can continue down the tail more if that's okay. I just wasn't sure if that would encroach on a tail Mutation...

Draeyl - Rose Wings (or Flower Wings)

I used roses, but other types of flowers would work fine too. The green lines are supposed to be ornate vines. I used color to show that two colors would be used for the Mutation, and to help you see what it was. xD

Griffi - Rose Wings (or Flower Wings)

Same as for my Draeyl Design, I used a rose, but other flowers could work too. And also like the Draeyl, I used red and green for idea clarity.

Kelpari - Flowering Vines

Any kind of flower could work, I especially like water lilies for Kelparis because of their water ties. With water lilies you could also put some lily pads under some or all of the flowers if wanted. ^_^ I didn't color this one to show that there were 2 colors, but there would be. |D (I drew this one before I thought to color them.) The flowers would be 1 color and the vines would be the other color. (I also think every species needs Flowering Vines...)
When I was drawing this one, I didn't realize until it was too late that I was drawing it at 50% zoom, so that's why the lines are all wobbley... *facepalm*

Luffox - [Branching Out]

I colored this one to differentiate the Mutation from the regular part of the Luffox. The scritchy lines on the Mutation are supposed to be wood grain texture. ^D^ It is supposed to be like the Luffox is supposed to be overtaken by branchy tree growth/sprouting out branchy wood.

Qitari - Tentacle Mane

The Qitari's tentacles are supposed to be similar to the Aeridini's Tentacle Wings... But instead of hair. ^_^ If preferred, the tail tentacles can come straight out of the hind quarters instead of from the end of the normal tail...

Sylvorpa - Lobster Claw (Tail)

The fin at the end of the tail is replaced by a big lobster claw, or if you prefer, a crab claw... o.o

Vulnyx - Spring Growth

Basically, there are plant sprouts growing from the back of the Vulnyx. This one's coloring is a bit more complex than my others, so I felt compelled to explain it in more depth. The above image is the Mutation only (and the eyes <_< ) colored. Below, I will show some images that will explain better what is going on with this Mutation's colors. XD But all the Vulnyx images are the same Mutation.

This image is fully colored to be an example of a Vulnyx with this Spring Growth Mutation. Can you start to see where each of the colors in the Mutation is drawing from?

This is the part colored by the Eye Color. I considered all the sprout tips being the same color, but it really does look a lot better with the variety.

This is the part colored by the main body color (I think it's C1?). The curlier stalks just have the base with a fade, but the leaflets have it as the main color.

This is the part colored by the ear and tail tip color (I think it's C3).

This is the part colored by the Mutation Color. This is the color the tips and bases fade into (the tips and bases fades don't touch) on the sprouts.
After a lot of consideration and experimentation, I decided that these color pulls would work really well the way I have described and that this would be the best way to set this Mutation up, color wise. ^_^ But you would of course be free to make your own decisions. ^D^

Zolnixi - Spikes

Spikes along the top of the Zolnixi. ^w^

If I haven't explained anything good enough, feel free to let me know and I can try to clear anything up. ^_^
Edited By Varyntha on 4/17/2016 at 8:11 PM.
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 8:43 PM Post #105
Going to submit this mutation for the Zolnixi again because I love it and it's kind of spring-y as love is in the air ;)

Ribbon Garter

Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 4/17/2016 at 11:50 PM Post #106
I had all my things done on paper. Then drew them on a computer. And then brought the wrong computer to where I'm staying *face palms* I did get one done kind of. Not best quality, but really proud of the idea and hoping to share it.

Lilypads

It'd side ways, and cropped but oh well :P. This was based off of Lily pads that float on lakes and rivers, maybe while swimming to the surface some got stuck on the lovely Sylvorpa? :)
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/18/2016 at 2:49 AM Post #107

totally last minute ;;

Monarch wings (or butterfly/insect-type wings), similar to Griffi Monarch+Wing mutations.

I didn't check if this idea was done in the previous pages, sorry. ;u; But if it was, then I'm in support of it!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.