Players 2,371 350
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,251,830 1,159
Generated 656,350 34
Captured 1,190,833 51
Bred 6,404,552 1,074
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Spring Festival 2016 - Mutation Design
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 5:22 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the Spring Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design a pet mutation for only the following species: Aeridini, Aurleon, Draeyl, Griffi, Kelpari (use the new bases found here) Luffox, Morkko, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your mutation come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.

2. You must draw the mutation on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your mutation. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Spring themed.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your mutation idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is April 17th 2015 at 11:59PM server, after that the thread will be locked.

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have the mutation created and will receive a Mystical Essence of the submitted species. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 6:04 PM Post #2
Kelpari: "Loyal Copilot Fish" (For Mutation Three. Mutation Three Color is yellow in this image. Eye Color is blue.)

Kelparies can both swim and fly, so the Copilot fish is a magical hybrid of the pilot fish--

--and the flying fish--

Are YOU a Kelpari? Do you like adventure, but want to make sure you can make it home? Then you need your own school of Copilot Fish!

(Because, face it, Kelparies are just hopeless when it comes to operating a GPS Navigator.)
Note about the art: Despite my best efforts, the Copilot Fish look a bit like insects--bees or something. They are supposed to look like tiny, extra-streamlined pilot fish but with flying fish-type fins/wings. Like the Enchanted Butterflies trait on more than one Sylesti species, the individual Copilot Fish need not have much definition.

Qitari: "Shaken Apple Tree"
We have Enchanted Butterflies, so why not some flowers?
Edit: Same idea, better colors.

Eye Color is blue, Color One is black, Color Two is green, Color Three is red, and Mutation Three Color is yellow. The white is that same white outline that makes the Enchanted Butterflies visible. Notice that not only are the apple blossoms floating around him, but they're also sticking in his mane.

OK, these are not apple trees, but the idea is the same. The wind is shaking the branches so hard that whole blossoms are falling onto the Qitari.

Sylvorpa: "Toe Pads" (Could be any Mutation slot, but I suggest putting it in Mutation Two.)

Edit: Looks better with the Mutation color covering more than just the actual pads, I think.
Eye Color is blue, Color One is cyan, Color Two is red, and the Mutation Color is yellow. With hindsight, I should have lengthened the toes slightly, in addition to adding the pads. Anyhow, the idea is that this Mutation gives the Sylvorpa pads on its toes, which lets the Vorpa run up walls, climb trees, cross ceilings, etc., in the manner of certain types of frogs--

This is a subtle Mutation. They don't all have to be extravagant.

Zolnixi: "Manytails"

I have submitted this before, but this time I'm going to really try to get the idea across.

The idea is this Zolnixi Mutation's many, many little tails should look something like the Tipped Scales Gene in the Qitari, but with the Mutation Color One "tips" more pronounced. Oh--and, of course, covering the tail instead of the back and sides.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 4/12/2016 at 4:59 PM.
Morningglori
Level 64
The Tender
Threads: 51
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 6:11 PM Post #3
Is there a location for the Zolnixi base? I've been here a couple of weeks so I've yet to find everything
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 6:14 PM Post #4
You can get bases for them from the generator.
Luxa
Level 75
Threads: 85
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 6:31 PM Post #5
Clarification, can you design only one mutation total, or maybe one or more mutations for each the available species?
Morningglori
Level 64
The Tender
Threads: 51
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 6:43 PM Post #6
Thanks!
Sciger
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 13
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 6:53 PM Post #7

Yeah, we have totally awesome fin wings but I imagine some dragon wings would do nicely underwater and above water as well. cx
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 7:18 PM Post #8
Ragged Webbing

I know its not good art, but art is not my forte. Just an idea of my design. Its supposed to look ragged.

Warrior's armor
Edited By Gingerpaw on 4/5/2016 at 2:17 PM.
Thenightfury
Level 63
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 7
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 7:19 PM Post #9
I can't find my art program on my laptop, and I can't copy the images onto my laptop (My laptop is old, it's suffering and doesn't like doing much)

Is it ok if I draw the bases instead of doing them digitally? I would add the mutation on it, but can I draw it by hand?
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 4/2/2016 at 7:24 PM Post #10
Name Curly Cue/Lion Locks

Mutation M1 or M2

If M2 is used perhaps this idea could include tufts on the ears and around the paws.

Based off of/Inspired by

Edited By Starline on 4/2/2016 at 7:25 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.