Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 3/15/2016 at 5:54 PM Post #31
Thanks!

Yeah, i love a lot more, but i put a lot of comic book/more mature artists in and i didn't wanna go overboard. Still a youthful site here, doing my best to consider that.

I was thinking timezones might be easier to schedule for small groups of people near each other, like if we have a handful of european users they could have a time that works for them, then another for say, middle US/Canada/Mexico etc, and then anyone who doesn't fit into a regular time slot(either they missed one, or they work/do school and are on at weird times, or whatever reason) can join whichever is convenient. If my rambling makes ANY sense at all!

Well i know dA had a few groups with corrections, but i meant mostly like 'don't be condescending, don't critique what you weren't asked about' etc.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 3/18/2016 at 9:24 AM Post #32
@Cyanidae,
My uncle writes comic books, so I should probably be more into comic book art than I am, ahah. For the longest time, I didn't realize the connection between comic books and manga due to the cultural differences. Took a while for such an obvious thing to *click*.

Not sure how the small groups would work. I think it would be difficult to get more than 2-3 people in a group given how busy people get. D:

And good idea to check out DA. I found a critique-instructions prompt on DA that seems well-written. c:
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 3/19/2016 at 1:44 PM Post #33
@Art Club Members,

Hope you all are having a lovely weekend. :) There have been some exciting ideas floating around, and I wanted to gauge interest on them, so we can plan events going forward!

There are 4 ideas below. Anything in bold and in red is what is to be answered. Feel free to just skim through the rest. I know it's a lot of text. >.<

1. Art Critiques & Redlines
Would anyone be interested in getting art critiques? Redline art? (aka a sketch in red over another person's art to correct flaws, particularly in anatomy) Or perhaps give critiques yourself? From experience, I feel that these types of threads only work if there is enough interest. If you are interested in doing redlines or critiquing and/or if you think this 'service' would be useful to you, that would be beneficial to know as well.

2. Continual Prompt
I was thinking of having art exercises. Either technical or imagination oriented. They would be either Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Monthly, 6-Month, or Yearly. I would like to know whether this is of interest. If so, how often. And which type of exercise you would prefer.

Imagination Examples:
- Create a work of art based on a song. The prompt would have a list of a few songs to choose from that have some commonality, such as being a disney song, number 1 hits, Art Club's choice, etc.
- Create a character that would live on the moon.
- Create a work of art based on one of the monthly themes here. I personally like the idea of creating art based on awareness of issues.

Technical Examples:
- Draw at least 4 hands from different angles
- Try and copy an old master's work of art.
- Make a drawing with clear foreshortening.

3. Art Club & Avatar Alliance Collaboration
Avatars and art are closely intertwined on pet/avatar sites such as Sylestia. I was thinking of a fun exchange between us and the Avatar Alliance, another club on Sylestia. Perhaps we will get to know each other better as well? :)

Currently, the Avatar Alliance has avatar making competitions. Naturally there is a winning avatar design from the competition, as such, it should be an interesting avatar to draw.

I was thinking of a continuous low-priority optional (like everything in this club lol) pinged notice that there is a the winning avatar design to draw. As it is a winning design, it should be an interesting avatar to draw. Since everything in this club is optional, there may be some winners who end up with zero art but that's okay, it's just meant to be a fun exchange between the two clubs. And in exchange, if we as an art club have any competitions. A prize could be a designed avatar from the avatar alliance. c:

This is a very low-effort event. So as long as there is at least any interest whatsoever, and people don't mind pings, I'm going to go ahead with it.

3. Prizes or lack-there-of
I can always add materialistic prizes to different events, as I have quite an arsenal of prizes to give out. But it feels that participation should be intrinsically motivated not extrinsically. So for now, there will be no Sylestia item prizes for participating.

Rather than giving Sylestia items for prizes, since we are an art club (lol), we could create badges for participating in events? I think it could be fun. I'm curious what you guys think about this as well.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 4/1/2016 at 6:30 PM Post #34
Oh geez, haven't been on for awhile. xD.
And I love to redline things! :-;
Edited By Crystal25152 on 4/1/2016 at 6:33 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 4/19/2016 at 11:11 AM Post #35
@Crystal25152,
Sorry for the very late reply! I didn't create anything due to lack of interest. There just isn't sense in creating anything if there isn't enough participation.

I can try creating a redline/critique/improvement thread though and see how it goes as a test though. ^^ It seems that recently there have been more artists in the art forum which is pretty neat. So perhaps we just need to make ourselves a little more well-known as well. c:
SMS
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Threads: 2
Posted: 4/19/2016 at 11:43 AM Post #36
Hi there! I'd love to join the club if I may :)) The ideas you suggested sounds really exciting though I do agree with you that limited participation might be an issue?

Personally I've also been off Sylestia for a long while because of university and only back during the semester break, and maybe it's just me... but I feel like the art market/community has died down considerably since I was last here o.O
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 4/19/2016 at 12:04 PM Post #37
@SMS,
Hi! Definitely, I'll add you to the member list. c: Do you want to be on the ping list as well? ^^ Feel free to fill out the form in the first post if you want to give a little more information about yourself as well. ///completely optional.

It's amusing to me that you say that the art market has died down, since I think it's actually become more lively, haha. It's always been non-existent. Now it's close to non-existent. An improvement, ever so slightly. xD

And yeah, I go through phases with art myself, so I understand 100% about commitments. Good luck with your studies~ Hope it doesn't get too overwhelming ToT, and you do get some free time to draw and more. c:
Edited By Taptothebeat on 4/19/2016 at 12:07 PM.
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 4/19/2016 at 12:41 PM Post #38
@Taptothebeat
I would love to join ^^
Also, I've read the ideas for the club you listed above, and I think they would be fantastic if you can get enough participation!

Do you want to be on the ping list? Yes
Sylestia Art Gallery Thread Link: None
Sylestia Art Shop and/or Free Art Thread Link: None atm, but maybe soon :0
Outgoing Art Links: art tumblr that i hardly ever update
Your Style(s) of Art: Digital, traditional
Favorite Artist(s): Alphonse Mucha, Cliff Chiang, Francis Manapul, Fiona Staples, Stjepan Sejic
Favorite Style(s) of Art: I don't really have one? Maybe semi-realism idk
Anything else you'd like us to know: uuum well, i have social anxiety so i tend to be pretty shy about sharing my artwork...most of the things i draw have never been seen by anyone but myself xD;
Edited By Katasaur on 4/21/2016 at 10:13 PM.
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 4/19/2016 at 12:44 PM Post #39
Sorry, I think I might have messed up my last ping. <<;
Edited By Katasaur on 4/19/2016 at 3:17 PM.
SMS
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Threads: 2
Posted: 4/19/2016 at 12:57 PM Post #40
Yes please, thank you!! Haha you've probably been watching the market longer than I have so I'll take your word for it :P Perhaps I'm focusing too much on the customers aspect--a browse through the art trade forum seems to indicate that demand is much less than supply (unless when it comes to free art) Or maybe it has to do with the pricing of things? I'm a bit uncertain myself how much is a reasonable price to expect right now.

Do you want to be on the ping list?
YES
Sylestia Art Gallery Thread Link:
none atm
Sylestia Art Shop and/or Free Art Thread Link:
here
Outgoing Art Links: (deviantart, tumblr, etc.)
Everything's kinda dead really...
tumblr | dA | photobucket
I have a site in Neopets I built from scratch and am incredibly fond of, but it's kinda been on hiatus for a looong while
Your Style(s) of Art(Digital, Anime, Realistic, etc.): Digital realistic, both line-artsy and painterly
Favorite Artist(s): (Monet, Picasso, Yuumei, etc.) Thiebaud, Dali, Degas and omg GUSTAV KLIMT. Digital artists there are too many to name...Saimain, Sandara, SnowSkadi are some
Favorite Style(s) of Art: (Impressionism, Cubism, Anime, etc.)
Surrealist, Pop Art, Minimalist, Anime
Anything else you'd like us to know: (Art Experience, Age, etc.)
Turning 21 this year, I've been drawing as a hobby since I was a kid. Developed an interest in digital painting around age 13 and progress have been sluggish since availability of free time diminishes with increasing age. University is tough and I'm losing sleep over drawings of a different sort, but I take any chance to ditch the rulers and pick up my stylus
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.