Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Sylestia Art Club
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AnastenLights
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 54
Posted: 3/1/2016 at 2:28 PM Post #21
I actually haven't played it- I'm working my way through a runthrough I found on YouTube. XD
Redfix
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 97
Posted: 3/1/2016 at 5:03 PM Post #22
Neat! I'll have to do one of those sometime...but I'm kinda busy so once things smooth over, I'll do 'em. ^^ I haven't been very active on Sylestia lately, so it's great that you're taking charge over this. c:
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/1/2016 at 6:57 PM Post #23
This is an awesome idea. I'd love to be a part of it!

Do you want to be on the ping list? - Yes please!
Sylestia Art Gallery Thread Link - none at the moment ^^;;
Sylestia Art Shop and/or Free Art Thread Link - Also none ^^;;
Outgoing Art Links: (deviantart, tumblr, etc.) - Also also none. OTL
Your Style(s) of Art: (Digital, Anime, Realistic, etc.) - I usually do digital art, but I started with traditional pen and ink so I still do some of that occasionally. I'm more comfortable with an anime/cartoon style but I'm trying to branch out, lol.
Favorite Artist(s): (Monet, Picasso, Yuumei, etc.) - Recently I've been enjoying a lot of Jack Vettriano's paintings (though he does receive a lot of valid criticisms). The Singing Butler is one of my all-time favorite pieces - I just love the feeling of it!
Favorite Style(s) of Art: (Impressionism, Cubism, Anime, etc.) - I tend to like expressionist artwork, as well as some contemporary stuff. But really, I can appreciate most styles!
Anything else you'd like us to know: (Art Experience, Age, etc.) - I've never had the pleasure of taking a class, so I appreciate any advice I get (when I actually post things, lol)! I'm also usually pretty active on Sylestia so I'd be quite happy to assist with club activities and the like. :)

Edit: I filled out the meme :3
Edited By Rixva on 3/2/2016 at 3:49 PM.
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 3/1/2016 at 7:18 PM Post #24
Do you want to be on the ping list? YES
Sylestia Art Gallery Thread Link: Sorry, don't have one
Sylestia Art Shop and/or Free Art Thread Link: Free art requests
Outgoing Art Links: Devaintart
Your Style(s) of Art: Digital
Favorite Artist(s): Matsuri Hino
Favorite Style(s) of Art: Manga
Anything else you'd like us to know: Well, I've been doing digital art for three years now for experience and for age, I'm turning eleven this July
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 3/1/2016 at 11:24 PM Post #25
Do you want to be on the ping list?: YES
Sylestia Art Gallery Thread Link: ...I have a DeviantArt page and a Google Plus page, though.
Sylestia Art Shop and/or Free Art Thread Link: Not yet!
Outgoing Art Links: Crystal25152
Your Style(s) of Art: I do digital and traditional semi-realistic and anime art.
Favorite Artist(s): I love Yuumei's art. :0 And YAMsgarden is good, too... Okay, only because they do UnderTale comics. xD
Favorite Style(s) of Art: That semi-realistic/anime styles that people somehow get. *-*
Anything else you'd like us to know: I am 13!! :D

I wanna do the switch-around meme thing. xD
MUST FIND MORE PEOPLE!!
Edited By Crystal25152 on 3/1/2016 at 11:27 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 3/2/2016 at 4:22 PM Post #26
@all,
I added everyone to the first post. :)

@Rixva,
Welcome to the club~ I find drawing in pen so difficult. TT___TT Maybe I'm just too dependent on an eraser.

I looked through Vettriano's art just now. I really like the one you singled out as well. Thinking more, I don't know why, but art with umbrellas in it appeals to me. Maybe it's something about their shape and how they bring focus to certain parts of the picture? Other umbrella paintings I like: x || x || x

"I'd be quite happy to assist with club activities and the like. Also I totally plan on doing the sylestia meme later!"

This is good to know and looking forward to seeing it! ^o^

@Simiswain,
Welcome to the club~ I looked up your favorite artist, I guess the connection is vamprie knight. I haven't read the manga myself, but I believe it has quite a following. o: There's something appealing about manga art in general. Maybe it's the eyes? I tend to go through phases of drawing more manga/anime like.

And you've been drawing since you were 8. Starting so young, you're going to end up amazing at drawing as drawing is just practice and time in the end. (I started drawing only later in life)

@Crystal25152,
Hey~ \o/ Welcome back to the club c:

I listed Yuumei since they were the most well-known deviant artist that I could remember in the moment. xD They do make beautiful art though~ My favorite deviant artists are probably jauni and also kawacy.

There were around 6 people interested in the switch-around meme thing 2 months ago or so, but I messed up and didn't coordinate it. TT___TT I apologize to everyone for that. If you want to try coordinating a group, this was the list of the people still last interested (other than you): Sheepy, Siennathecat, Bumblebreeze, Cyanidae, Rhythm
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 3/2/2016 at 6:19 PM Post #27
Thank you and yes, It is vampire Knight. It's my favorite but please don't tell my parents. And also, I might join a contest because those interest me, just so you know in the future.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 3/8/2016 at 2:57 PM Post #28
I also love Kawacy! :D I do t think I've seen Jauni, though.
Ryky? What about him? :D
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 3/11/2016 at 7:38 AM Post #29
Do you want to be on the ping list? YES
Sylestia Art Gallery Thread Link: none currently
Sylestia Art Shop and/or Free Art Thread Link: none currently
Outgoing Art Links: tumblr
Your Style(s) of Art: digital, trying to up my realism, but i tend to lean towards semirealism.
Favorite Artist(s): raspbearyart(his paintings are glorious, if nsfw at times), Phil Noto, cyanparade, Alphonse Mucha, gunkiss(also potentially nsfw), Jenny Frison, starpatches, twinklescribbles(esp her sailor moon stuff which i linked), and qinni
Favorite Style(s) of Art: what no i love them all?
Anything else you'd like us to know: i'll be 22 on the 24th, i'm self-taught and have been drawing since i was little, got serious and into digital back in 2011. My mom isn't the most approving so if she's in a Mood i don't get to draw...

Maybe the gallery sub for critiques? And there should be guidelines, both for submitters and correcters if any.
Maybe several preset times a week for group drawing, each to accomodate schedules and time zones? Or else maybe collabs of some sort.
Edited By Cyanidae on 3/12/2016 at 10:18 AM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 3/15/2016 at 1:32 PM Post #30
@Cyanidae,
Welcome back to the club~ Happy early birthday as well!
I added you to the first post. c:

I looked at the artists you linked. kidchan's art on deviantart is so beautiful! I really like the style and feel their art gives off. I also enjoyed looking at starpatches'. Their art is so light and airy. Very relaxed, which I'm always a fan of for digital art. =w=)~ And wow, this animation of qinni's. Amazing!

QUOTE: "Maybe the gallery sub for critiques? And there should be guidelines, both for submitters and correcters if any. Maybe several preset times a week for group drawing, each to accomodate schedules and time zones? Or else maybe collabs of some sort."
Hmm, do you think it would be beneficial to collect timezones/times available? Or too complicated to match all our schedules?

For critiques I was thinking of maybe finding out what people on other sites use as a guideline and take from that. If you have any recommendations, do let me know. I've been a bit hesitant on critiques so far since everyone takes them in differently, and wouldn't want it to go awry if executed incorrectly.

@Crystal25152,
I hadn't heard of Ryky before. o: They seem to make quite impressive backgrounds! And gorgeous eyes. *_*

@Simiswain,
No, you won't have to worry about that. c; And glad to know, thank you for the reply. ^o^)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.