Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/11/2013 at 9:40 PM Post #1
;A; Not sure how to make a dent...

I already know:
1. Don't try to touch Katalyst with his fire shield thing.
2. Fire shield lasts 4 turns, then there's about 5 turns until he turns it back up.
3. Kimeira's essence thingy is negated with a block. (but Katalyst's singe hurts a whole lot more ;A; )

Rethe told me to try downing Katalyst first, but I only have gotten to around 50%-60% on him (his mate's around 90% lol) before my team's KO'd.

I'm really not sure where to go. Not sure if it's a team thing or a tactic thing.
My team is:
Macchiato, the tank (earth).
Altruist, light pet.
Cervidae, other light pet.
Those 3 have all 5 of their prof points in HP. Level up points are a different story (I think tank's like full HP, the others are pure int in level ups.)
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 5/12/2013 at 12:01 AM Post #2
I'm also having trouble with this particular fight. My current team is an earth tank, a light, and a wind. I can get the male down but I just haven't been able to get the female down.

My earth tank has proficiencies in agility and stat points in health.
My light healer has proficiencies in health and stat points in intellect.
My wind fighter has proficiencies in health and stat points in strength.

I often like high avoidance but I might try switching the proficiencies in agility to health for the tank. I might need to remind myself that these are lower level pets than I'm used to. At least the cost of changing things won't be as much as a lvl 60 would cost.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/12/2013 at 1:48 AM Post #3
I just beat those two... other than what had advised up there, I think what I did to beat them is purely by luck... :/

In case this might help others beat him, I'll tell you my build.

Tank: 50/50 to health and agility, proficiency full health on water.
Magic DPS: 100 Int, proficiency full health on fire.
Physical DPS: 100 Str, proficiency full health on wind.

Not sure that'll help anyone, hopefully it does. DX

PS. The gladiator after them is a pain in the tooshies. @_@
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/12/2013 at 3:25 AM Post #4
There are a few tricks you can master that help considerably. Basically, every turn the fight goes on with Katalyst still up, the much harder the fight is.

First, if your pets are quicker than Katalyst, you can attack him on the first round before he is able to put Shield of Flames on himself.

Second, buffs and debuffs are calculated at the beginning of every turn. This means that buffs or debuffs with 1 turn remaining will no longer be active by the time the pet's abilities are calculated.

Thirdly, watch for the exact time Katalyst re-casts Shield of Flames and again refer to the first tip.

The 3 tips above could possibly yield you guys an additional 3 full rounds of attacks on Katalyst within the first 10 turns of the fight. That can make a huge difference.

Additionally, I don't bother mending (unless I have to) until Katalyst is down. Saving that mana for extra damage on Finishing Blows can alone make the difference in the fight.

Lastly, if your pets keep dying too fast, invest more in Health. If you can't beat Katalyst before turn 20, you need to deal more damage.

Also, remember that you can move pets around in combat. Take low health pets and stick them in the back while putting high health pets in the front. There's no draw back to moving pets around - it uses 'your' action for the turn, but you can't use consumables anyway.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and btw, none of these fights are luck based. If you understand the bosses and have sufficient equipment, the rest is strategy and pet set up. Once you know how to handle each boss, you should never lose again.
Edited By 1 on 5/12/2013 at 3:27 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/12/2013 at 3:56 AM Post #5
Haha, thanks Krin (and Fai in chat! ;w; )

I took a go on em, and I finally beat Kata! But health was pretty low, and Kim finished me off, leaving her at 37%. >//<

I'll attempt em later. c: Thanks so much!! ^^
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 5/17/2013 at 4:47 PM Post #6
Anybody have any build advise on these two? I'm already attempting to follow the tips listed in this thread as best I can, but it just isn't getting me anywhere near. I tend to be defeated with Kata at about 6% health and his mate at around 83%.
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 5/18/2013 at 7:39 PM Post #7
With only enough myth gear to equip 1 sylesti 3/4'ths, and another with just one, I can only take out Katalyst, and get Kimeira down to 65% hp... with everything bought up from the lvl 25 range of mythical stuff, and the misserable drop rate of any myth gear for me, the only thing I got going for me, is my boosted stats group. >: \
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 6/2/2013 at 5:33 PM Post #8
I still can't beat these two /sobs
Does anyone have any tips for me?
Here's my team:
Wind fighter
Water tank
Light healer

I can sometimes bring down Katalyst but then Kimeira slaughters me. orz
Right now when I battle them I kinda just feel like
Edited By 2240 on 6/2/2013 at 5:47 PM.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 6/2/2013 at 6:06 PM Post #9
Katasaur, do you make use of Krin's advise to go ahead and attack when something only has 1 turn left (Ie: The fire shield)? Also, if your pets are too slow to do normal attack the turn that Kata brings his shield back up (aka: They hit the shield and take shield damage instead of using their abilities before it goes off), then try using quick attack so they will at least get a small hit on him that turn.

Fire Shield, if you haven't counted it yet: 1-4 | 10-14 | 20.

Turn one, it gets cast. Quick attack with those who are not fast enough to hit Kata before he gets the shield up that turn. From there on, follow the pattern. Turn four is when the shield only has 1 turn left. It will fall off before the attack phase, so go back to attacking Kata. Turn 10 is when the Fire Shield is going to pop back up. I use my Finishing Blows on Kata on turn 9. I quick attack with any pet that isn't fast enough to beat the shield on turn 10. Second shield goes down turn 14. Continue to follow the pattern from there.
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 6/2/2013 at 6:35 PM Post #10
@Zelly,
I've tried that technique before, but I tried it again doing exactly as you said and I still got annihilated. xD I think the problem is in my team's build, I'm just not sure exactly what that problem is. :/
Thanks for your help, btw!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.