Venovee
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 12
Posted: 10/8/2015 at 4:17 PM Post #12
I can't help myself! =3

Pet Number: 2
Pet Name: Starwalker
Backstory: The stars tugged at me, my misty soul was drawn to them. I wandered through my dreams to them, or so I thought at first, for I never woke up. It scared me at first, but soon I had practically blended into them. Their shine reflected in my eyes, and I ran forward thrilled by the sensation in my feet as they touched the stars. I ran fast, the storm gray mist of me blending into space, my markings shining bright like real stars. I was amazed! One day, I found myself drifting slowly upward. I panicked and tried to shoot myself back down to the stars. It didn't work, the space current was too strong. I cried out, and my small tears floated upward. Suddenly I felt myself being possessed, my twisting and turning in odd ways! I was then thrown against the moon in a sprawled pose, and for a few short moments I was a ghostly moonstar spirit. Then I fell to the stars again. I realized the moon tugging happened every year, until many far years later I floated up to sheer light, where I became a forever moonstar spirit.
Venovee
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 10/8/2015 at 4:19 PM Post #13
Of course! I pick the best one out of all pets, so you can do more than one.
Sameri
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 10/8/2015 at 4:30 PM Post #14
Welp, time to write some more.

Pet Number: 2

Pet Name Astrum

Backstory: Astrum was a star, quite literally. People would grant wishes upon him and he watched as he could do nothing to help the people grant them. He hated being helpless, this star. While the other stars accepted, rather reluctantly, the fact that they could do nothing, Astrum wanted to help, in any way he could.

One day, there was a call, another voice wishing upon a star. He listened to the girl and watched as her human mother, a witch, told her the secret of how to make beings come to life. He was intrigued by this forbidden magic, and listened carefully for more secrets. He found that the witch had heard tales of stars coming down to Sylestia somehow, reborn as a Sylesti. Perhaps if he ended his life and cut away his light...?

He found the secret to the forbidden magic and used it. Suddenly he could feel himself hurtling down to Sylestia, gaze fearful as his brothers and sisters cried out. He was sent hurtling faster and faster until he crashed into a meadow, unconscious.

"Look Mommy! I found a Ryori!" He opened his eyes to find himself in the care of the witch and her daughter. Divining his fate from the stars, the witch had found out what happened and immediately sent her daughter to find something special, him specifically. So he lived a simple life being the witch's pet, being the companion and loyal protector of her daughter.
Galaxysprite
Level 20
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/8/2015 at 5:12 PM Post #15
pet 2

Zorroa

zorroa was born to nita mother of the stars. she was isolated from her own kind because of some ancient omen placed on her mother. "Sweet child of stars, if you are discovered, a terrible fate will come to all." the prophecy read. her mother kept her out in a hollowed out star, with only the dim light of a lantern as an light source. nobody knows of the star child zorroa. its like she doesn't exist, and she will never exist. a sad fate for such a sweet child. isolated,alone,sheltered and forgotten. only one knew of her existence and that was her mother. Zorroa yearned to feel the warm light on her, to be known. to be free.
"Mother? When will i meet the other nightfallens?" zorroa asked
"in time you will my love, be patient." her mother said. "you always say that!" zorroa cried. "i dont want to be alone." she said. "dear, its time i have told you the truth." her mother said calmly. "You will never meet them, ever dear." Nita said. "What why! you cant do this to me!" zorroa said "Why do this please let me go!' she cried. her mother became angered. "its for your own protection! do you think i asked for this!?" she said
Zorroa didn't reply. Silence grew as zorroa's fate sealed her happiness forever...

(add em to ping whatever that is)
Sameri
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/8/2015 at 5:32 PM Post #16
And now that someone else has posted... *rubs hands together*

Pet Number: 3

Pet Name: Sadie

Backstory: Sadie was hatched by a little girl, a quiet and shy little girl that was abused by her parents. Sadie too, was sometimes kicked out of anger, but she dearly loved her little girl. Eventually the little girl grew up and stayed with her parents, taking care of them.

Sadie was old by the time the young woman died. From what was unknown, murder or suicide. All she knew was that she found the body in a pool of her own blood, her throat slit and a knife nearby.She stayed by her dead owner's side until she, too, died.

If only I had protected her! she thought to herself as she died. And then a voice called out to her.

"Do you want to protect the people of this world?" it asked.

"Yes! Please, let me protect the innocents as best as I could!" she answered. Suddenly she was young again, healthy, with wings of black and white and blue crystal.

"From this day on, you are reborn as a guardian angel," the voice said, "Please keep your promise and protect the innocents."

"I will!" Sometimes, when a child is lonely or hurt, a Vulnyx would appear to comfort and heal them. She would make sure the child was in a safe place forevermore before moving on to another, always remembering her previous life and the girl she hatched under.
Edited By Sameri on 10/8/2015 at 5:35 PM.
Khossaena
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/9/2015 at 1:20 AM Post #17
Could I be on the pinglist too? This stuff is always so fun! :)

Pet: #2 - Saerrest

Story:
"Carefully, my child!" the sorceress cackled gleefully. Her apprentice barely looked up from his work as he cracked a mischievous smile. "The winter solstice is but a few days from now, Mother. How can I ever hope to top your marvelous magics if I can't get a moment's quiet around here?" The sorceress tussled his hair fondly. "Oh? And how can an old woman concentrate with a young lad like you babbling in her ear all the way to the Market?" "Fair enough," he relented. "But I intend to summon the greatest of familiars to ever walk in Sylestia!" The sorceress, Malaeda was her name, nodded approvingly as the boy ground and mixed and muttered over his worktable. For three days he had barely slept a wink as he studied his incantations and concocted a most powerful potion of Binding. And on the night of the winter solstice, she knew he would create something more marvelous than anything she had seen in all her long, long life.

And so, on the longest night of the year, the apprentice stood ready. A rune-filled star of magical blue light, drawn carefully out within a hallowed circle of standing stones, glittered like the jeweled stars in the sky above. "Czaustum ghaest, vhohdestri'khinae vhah'dho Saerrest..." began the spell, winding its way sinuously across the barren stones. The potion of Binding, sprinkled just so, gathered the power of the ancient words, shaping them, giving them form. Watching from a distance, Malaeda smiled warmly at her pupil's mastery of their trade. Soon...

At first it seemed that nothing had happened. The glowing circle faded. The echoes of power faded. But gradually, the apprentice began to realize that something else stood in the circle before him. His excitement mounted as he sensed the presence grow aware of him. Blue eyes as deep and powerful as the bejeweled canvas above opened slowly and locked with his. "Greetings, friend," the resonant mind-voice reverberated through his head. "Friend" the shadowy being had said. Not "master." As human and Ryori gazed joyously at one another, the apprentice knew he would never be alone again for as long as he lived.
Edited By Khossaena on 10/11/2015 at 1:01 AM.
Littletoes101
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/9/2015 at 9:10 AM Post #18
Can I post my entries in three separate posts or do they have to be together?
Venovee
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 10/9/2015 at 1:35 PM Post #19
Sure!
Littletoes101
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/9/2015 at 1:36 PM Post #20
Also, when will a winner be chosen?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.