Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 12:34 PM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
ROUND SEVEN VOTING

VOTING OPEN

Voting Ends: Wednesday, September 2nd at 6:00PM Sylestia Time

Yay! The last "regular" round before the end!

I wanted to thank all of the contestants and voters once again for their continued support. Once this voting round is over we will be moving straight into the Wildcard Round, where the eliminated contestants will have a chance to get back into the competition for the final round. Whoever wins the Wildcard Round will be our fifth finalist.

That being said, I want to make sure that everyone knows there will be FOUR people eliminated for this round. That means that have of the contestants will be eliminated so every vote counts! When voting, please keep in mind that where some people forgot to send me a reference pictures I went looking for one myself so the colors may not always match exactly what the contestant was going for. Please just vote on creativity and which designs you think are the best. :)

Good luck everyone!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your TWO favorite designs. They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for by number, and not just design name. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

ROUND SEVEN THEME - Mythical Creatures
Okay, so for our last "regular" round I decided to give you guys something that should be a lot of fun, and also slightly easier than our last round as you should have a very clear inspiration for this. Mythical creatures are creatures from any culture that have been created for the purposes of "folk lore" or legends. I have provided a few helpful links to get you guys started on the path to finding your perfect creature. For the purposes of this theme your inspiration MUST be an actual creature. I will allow things like humanoid demons and such, but things like Egyptian gods who are depicted with animal heads, will not count.

http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/List+of+Mythical+Creatures
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_legendary_creatures
http://www.mythical-creatures-and-beasts.com/mythical-creatures.html

Design #1 - Eastern Dragon Qitari

Design #2 - Kappa Sylvorpa
"They have webbed hands and feet, sporting a tortoise shell. Skin colour ranges from green to blue to yellow, and even red. Their face can contain a beaked nose or else look like a monkey. Crowning their head is a circular depression filled with water. They also look like shriveled old men."

Design #3 - Abominable Snowman Lupora

Design #4 - Cursed Dracolich Ny'Vene
"A Dracolich is a powerful and usually very evil dragon who is revived from death through complex spells and wizardry. Due to the fact that they are essentially zombie dragons they come in a variety of sizes and colors, which are usually quite dull and most Dracoliches sport bones in places where the flesh as rotted away although magic usually keeps them from rotting any further."

Design #5 - Qilin (Qing Dynasty Version) Qitari
"The Qilin is said to have a fish's scales and skin, the antler(s) of a deer, a dragon's head, the hooves of an ox, and a lion's tail. As they are a divine and peaceful creature, they choose to walk on water and clouds rather than on grass for fear of harming a living creature, or a single blade of grass. However, it is said that when they are angered, or when they see a pure person threatened by a malicious one, they spout tongues of fire and exercise fearsome powers that vary from story to story. They are also believed to be bringers of good luck, protection, and prosperity."

Design #6 - Phoenix Aurleon

Design #7 - Carbuncle Bublori
" The Carbuncle is an elusive Latin American creature. Few have encountered it, and fewer have been able to see it clearly. Some see a cross between a dog and a cat, some say it has feathers and other fur. The one consistent feature is the mirrorlike gem on its forehead. A spanish priest described the gem as being like a burning coal. The Carbuncle is said to emit a blinding light at anyone it senses wants wealth and treasure, even a little; however, if the person does not wish for wealth, the Carbuncle will drop it and allow the person to take it."

Design #8 - Quetzalcoatl Aeridini
"The name Quetzalcoatl means "Feathered Serpent." It brings together the magnificent green-plumed quetzal bird, symbolizing the heavens and the wind, and the snake, symbolizing the earth and fertility. Quetzalcoatl's name can also be translated as "precious twin."

Quetzalcoatl was portrayed in two ways. As the Feathered Serpent, he was a snake with wings or covered with feathers. He could also appear in human form as a warrior wearing a tall, cone-shaped crown or cap made of ocelot skin and a pendant fashioned of jade or a conch shell. The pendant, known as the "wind jewel," symbolized one of Quetzalcoatl's other roles, that of Ehecatl, god of wind and movement. Buildings dedicated to this god were circular or cylindrical in shape to minimize their resistance to the wind."

Edited By Britters on 8/30/2015 at 12:44 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 12:35 PM Post #2
VOTING COUNTS

Just so I can keep track of all the votes.

Design #1 (Eastern Dragon Qitari by Gingerpaw) - 11 votes
Design #2 (Kappa Sylvorpa by Gypsycrest19) - 3 votes
Design #3 (Abominable Snowman Lupora by Yukiyume) - 6 votes
Design #4 (Cursed Dracolich Ny'Vene by Lopai) - 2 votes
Design #5 (Qilin Qitari by Rhyhtm) - 7 votes
Design #6 (Phoenix Aurelon by Hyc) - 5 votes
Design #7 (Carbuncle Bulbori by Cyanidae) - 2 votes
Design #8 (Quetzalcoatl Aeridini by Lenore) - 7 votes

Round Winners

1st Place - Eastern Dragon Qitari by Gingerpaw
2nd Place - 2-Way Tie between Qilin Qitari by Rhythm and Quetzalcoatl Aeridini by Lenore
3rd Place - Abominable Snowman Lupora by Yukiyume

Eliminated Contestants
Gypsycrest19
Lopai
Hyc
Cyanidae
Edited By Britters on 9/3/2015 at 9:52 PM.
SparklingGanymede
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 29
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 12:41 PM Post #3
#1 and #8 are my faves. ^^ (Am I doing this right?)
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 2:09 PM Post #4
#1 and #3 please!

If either of these are made into a breeding project, i WANT ONE. Especially the Lupora!
Alli614
Level 72
The Whimsical
Threads: 4
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 2:26 PM Post #5
I'm going to vote for 1 and 8. They all look really cool!
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 2:26 PM Post #6
I would like to vote for 5 and 8 :) They represent their creatures very well
Kestral
Level 62
The Whimsical
Threads: 87
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 2:28 PM Post #7
1 and 8 please.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 2:58 PM Post #8
I'm voting for 1 and 3.

I feel that the colours best represent the reference photos compared to other submissions. I really wanted to vote for the ny'vene but the colours just didn't suit the reference. I know the description said they come in multiple colours but the colours chosen threw me off for what it was suppose to be.

#3 is awesome and I loved it when I saw it.

#1 was difficult to choose because I don't love it but it does represent the reference fairly well.

All the other submissions are lovely in their own ways but they didn't relate to the reference enough or I myself could easily picture better traits/colours (in my opinion). So yeah, there's my reasoning. xD
Frozen
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 5:53 PM Post #9
#7 and #8 please. Good luck everyone! :3
AriDae
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 7
Posted: 8/30/2015 at 6:55 PM Post #10
#6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6! #6!

Do each of those count as a vote? >D

JK!

But seriously.. #6. <3

(And #5 for the other vote)
Edited By AriDae on 8/30/2015 at 7:03 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.