Players 2,293 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,291,897 2,295
Generated 658,692 268
Captured 1,198,007 506
Bred 6,435,103 1,521
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 8/18/2015 at 10:17 PM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
ROUND FIVE VOTING

VOTING OPEN

Voting Ends: Friday, August 21st at 10:00PM Sylestia Time

Okay, so this has been a very interesting day. First the internet goes out, and I actually spent an hour typing up this voting round on my PHONE! I finished and left it on my phone to wait until the deadline. Thankfully I copied and pasted the text into the Notes app on my phone because just a little bit ago I noticed that the internet was back, but since I already had it typed up on my phone I was still going to post it from there. However, when I went to do that for someone reason the page that I had open with the post ready wasn't working anymore...BUT I had copied and pasted it so I emailed the text to myself from my phone, and here we are. :P

So there are some entries that have descriptions and some that don't. This is because not everyone sent me one, which once again is fine because I didn't ask for one. Some people just wanted to make sure people understood their designs choices, while some people felt their designs were pretty self-explanatory in regards to their holiday choice.

One person unfortunately was not able to complete a design so there will only be ONE elimination for this round.

Good luck everyone!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE RULES!

RULES

1.) None of the entries will be labeled with the contestants name. This is what is considered a "blind vote", meaning no one will know who created what design. Once all of the votes are in I will put edit my Vote Counter post below so that everyone's name will be revealed.

2.) There is no real way for me to police this, but I feel confident that those of you who are contestants won't reveal which design is your's privately to anyone in order to get votes. If you are found to have done this you will be disqualified. Furthermore, if you accidentally post in this thread before the voting ends and indicate which design is your's I won't disqualify you, but you will not be eligible for anymore votes.

3.) VOTERS: When voting please vote for your TWO favorite designs. They will be numbered, so please refer to the designs you wish to vote for by number, and not just design name. Comments are welcome and I'm sure will be appreciated by the contestants, but please keep it positive.

4.) Contestants are allowed to vote, but it should go without saying that you shouldn't vote for your own design. I'll know whose is whose.

5.) Everyone have fun and please let me know if you have any questions or think I left something out.

ROUND FIVE THEME - Unofficial Holidays
Alright, so this theme has changed several times since I first came up with it. I thought there was a lot of fun that could be had with this idea, but I didn't want to get a bunch of Christmas, Halloween, Easter, and so forth designs. Then I was going to just do "foreign holidays" but there were problems with that, so I decided to go with "unofficial holidays", but I also didn't want people to do things like National No Pants Day and other silly stuff. Instead what I decided to do is go through a list myself and create a list of approved selections.

Design #1 - Veterans Day Zolnixi
"They proudly bear the USA's colors, and they also have an army outfit."

Design #2 - Canada Day Zolnixi
"The red and white of the flag, which is seen everywhere. And then the rainbow advanced runes for the Fireworks Show, in celebration of their independence from Britain."

Design #3 - Mardi Gras Sylvorpa

Design #4 - Flag Day Griffi

Design #5 - Chinese New Year Aeridini

Design #6 - Friday the Thirteenth Aeridini

Design #7 - Winter Solstice Griffi
"Winter Solstice is an astronomical phenomenon which marks the shortest day and longest night of the year. Winter Solstice Festival is celebrated by the Chinese and they eat a dish known as Tangyuan (glutinous rice balls filled with stuffing and served with sweet or savoury soup) and symbolises reunion. So families gather to eat tangyuan. So my griffis have peanut-filled "tangyuan" balls and their wings depict the setting of the sun marking the shortest day and longest night. They also carry lunar markings to show that this is an astronomical event."

Design #8 - Earth Day Griffi
"I especially love to see nature around me and the beautiful intricacy of it. When designing this, I decided to go with the cliche greens and browns that dominate most Earth Day posters."

Design #9 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month Aeridini

Design #10 - Day of the Dead Faelora
"On October 31, All Hallows Eve, the children make a children's altar to invite the angelitos (spirits of dead children) to come back for a visit. November 1 is All Saints Day, and the adult spirits will come to visit. November 2 is All Souls Day, when families go to the cemetery to decorate the graves and tombs of their relatives. The three-day fiesta filled with marigolds, the flowers of the dead; muertos (the bread of the dead); sugar skulls; cardboard skeletons; tissue paper decorations; fruit and nuts; incense, and other traditional foods and decorations."

Design #11 - National Pie Day Bulbori

Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 8/18/2015 at 10:18 PM Post #2
Voting Count

Just so I can keep track of the votes.

Design #1 (Veteran's Day Zolnixi by Gingerpaw) - 3 votes
Design #2 (Canada Day Zolnixi by Gypsycrest19) - 3 votes
Design #3 (Mardi Gras Sylvorpa by Lopai - 2 votes
Design #4 (Flag Day Griffi by Sandstorm514) - 1 vote
Design #5 (Chinese New year Aeridini by Hyc) - 2 votes
Design #6 (Friday the Thirteenth Aeridini by Eots) - 7 votes
Design #7 (Winter Solstice Griffi by Yukiyume) - 5 votes
Design #8 (Earth Day Griffi by Rhythm) - 5 votes
Design #9 (Breast Cancer Awareness Month Aeridini by Rabbitaka) - 3 votes
Design #10 (Day of the Dead Faelora by Lenore) - 9 votes
Design #11 (National Pie Day Bulbori by Cyanidae) - 3 votes

Round Winners
1st Place - Day of the Dead Faelora by Lenore
2nd Place - Friday the Thirteenth Aeridini by Eots
3rd Place - 2-Way Tie between Winter Solstice Griffi by Yukiyume and Earth Day Griffi by Rhythm
4th Place - 4-Way Tie between Gingerpaw, Gypsycrest19, Rabbitaka, and Cyanidae

Eliminated Contestants
Jai (didn't turn in a design)
Sandstorm514
Edited By Britters on 8/21/2015 at 10:00 PM.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 8/18/2015 at 10:42 PM Post #3
I'll vote for designs 8 and 10, please. ^^ I feel like they were very cohesive and displayed their holiday clearly.
It's getting kind of tough now that there are so few anymore... o.o'
Lopai
Level 59
Threads: 11
Posted: 8/18/2015 at 11:22 PM Post #4
I vote for the super creepy number 6
And I choose not to place a second vote because I cannot decide between 8 and 10.
Edited By Lopai on 8/18/2015 at 11:23 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 8/18/2015 at 11:25 PM Post #5
I'm going to vote for 6 and 8. I'm a sucker for black, red and white and I think both designs represent the "unofficial holiday" very well.
Rabbitaka
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 71
Posted: 8/19/2015 at 12:55 AM Post #6
I vote day of the dead faelora and national pie day bunnies :3

I don't usually like scary genes on pets at all majority of the time, however, the day of the dead faelora not only matches it's special occasion.... it's quite spooky, good job on that XD But it's also quite festive! You've used most of my most unliked traits on those faelora.. yet it's one of my favs X3 Nice work!!

mmm~mmm! Those bunnies are so cute and cuddly and squishy and yummy i just wanna gobble them up right now! *squeak!
They really do look like pies XD And they just look really really yummy to me... maybe i'm just really hungry atm but, they're a good design! Good job :)
Ironwolf36
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 8/19/2015 at 2:13 AM Post #7
Design # 10 and # 1 83
Kazbang
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 6
Posted: 8/19/2015 at 2:23 AM Post #8
Breast cancer awareness and pie day :)

I am actually touched by the breast cancer awareness one as it is something quite close to my heart. Those aeris are amazing, it not only raises awareness but they're so pretty they'd help any one who suffers from breast cancer feel a little better which can mean a lot to some. (i don't have cancer btw.. just know poeple who do :P)

And those pies XDDD Just so cute and so pie! What else is there to say, htey're super likeable and super cute! Who doesn't like a good pie :D
Ladybeatrice
Level 63
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/19/2015 at 2:44 AM Post #9
I like #6 & #7
[some of them I can tell who made it based off the description posted. XD There's not many who go through and explain every detail, and chooses them so carefully...]
Swirl
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 130
Posted: 8/19/2015 at 3:06 AM Post #10
2 and 6. really like the colours
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.