Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Erm...Anyone up for decorating? ;w;
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Allis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 38
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 3:44 AM Post #1
Sylestia, I give you my bedroom:

Recently I acquired new bedroom furniture! Alas, I have yet to find a way to make everything fit and look visually appealing. My feng shui is all wonky. So I turn to you for guidance, for help, for some tiny inkling of inspiration!
As I type this my downstairs neighbor grinds their teeth bitterly, having suffered hours of furniture scuffling! If I don't figure something out soon she might swallow me whole before next weekend! ;w;

The Basics:
Save the above image and open it in paint.
Using the select tool, drag furniture around my bedroom.
The room dimensions and furniture are to scale, try to make everything fit nicely.

Rules:
Do not resize furniture or room dimensions.
No two pieces of furniture can be touching/overlapping.
Furniture can not block the closets.
Furniture can not block the window bench.
Furniture can not block the door.
Furniture should probably be placed against a wall.

Furniture CAN go inside closets.
Furniture CAN go in front of the window.
Please make suggestions! Such as, "consider looking for a smaller desk."

Please post your ideas, and don't forget to ping!
Winner gets a purebred fabled festival pet c:
Wander
Level 74
Trickster
Threads: 46
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 5:21 AM Post #2
With respect to this rule about closets (Furniture can not block the closets), is this because the closets open outwards (and, like the bedroom door, need empty space within the room to swing) or is it more a question of ease of access?

Another odd question, particularly considering you've already got spacing issues, you only have the one night stand? Its just that a second one would help to provide balance and depending on their design may provide more storage space.

Anyways, my suggestions are below.

Option 1

Option 2 (the larger Dresser has been moved)

I tried to create a slight segregation between your bed and desk. To get a good night's rest it is recommended that your bed / bedroom is a calming, comfortable place. While it may not be possible to remove "work" or "study" from the bedroom entirely (i.e. in the form of the desk), a nice distance between the two would presumably be the next best thing.

The desk has been placed under the window to ensure you've got plenty of natural light for work / study. I actually prefer Option 1 as you could use the top of the Dresser for books / paperwork if you run out of room on your desk (the floor around my chair always used to be covered in papers when I was writing assignments and it can be really stressful getting up the next morning to that mess).

Space-wise, I think the two dressers are what makes it difficult to fit everything in - that's why I've placed the smaller one in the closet. You could place it in either closet.

The only other suggestion I have is, if you're not quite sure about a design, try it. Test it for a couple of days and if it still doesn't feel right you can try another. It's amazing how a re-designed room can feel "not right" purely because it feels less familiar but within a couple of days the lack of familiarity goes away.

Edit: Edited for my suggestions.
Edited By Wander on 6/22/2015 at 8:44 AM.
Treetoes
Level 60
The Dreamer
Threads: 84
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 8:05 AM Post #3
Since you pinged/asked me I thought I would give it a go :P

Allis
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 2:52 PM Post #4
My closets do not have doors at the moment, instead having curtains. In fact the left wall of the image has three curtains that run the entire length of the wall. I could feasibly place dressers along the wall and it look fine, but I would have to push them aside every time I needed something from my closet ^^;;

Alas, I only have the one night stand for now. My "new" bedroom furniture is an antique french provincial set that I purchased second hand. Suffice it to say that as a college student I have a rather small budget for antiques, and a nightstand that matches my set is rather pricey ;w;

I know the second dresser is really a pain, but I desperately need storage for clothes. One of the closets belongs to my boyfriend, the other is mine. If I had use of both closets, I would be peachy keen.

For the record, things can go in front of the mantle, although the base is elevated and I would have to be clever to fix footing issues. I have used the mantle as a pseudo headboard in the past. Despite measurements, the room runs left to right, and the overall flow works best when the bed is in front of the headboard. However, with the desk this becomes a real pain in the butt.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'll definitely consider these, as it leaves the left half of the room so open for navigation c:
Allis
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 2:59 PM Post #5
That's actually where my bed and desk lived before I got this furniture! :D
I really wish my window bench wasn't built in and I could shove my desk in that nook. It would fix all these dresser problems >w<

Thanks so much for the help! c:
Treetoes
Level 60
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 3:06 PM Post #6
hehe I like windows near my bed, I like to open the blinds before I go to sleep and wake up to the sunrise :)
Allis
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 3:23 PM Post #7
I love my bed against the mantle because the window bench faces the morning sun and the side window catches the noon day sun. With my bed facing both it's always so bright and cheerful! c:
Edited By Allis on 6/22/2015 at 3:23 PM.
Treetoes
Level 60
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 3:37 PM Post #8
If thats so why not:

Edit: Also you said its ok to put stuff in closet so maybe:
Edited By Treetoes on 6/22/2015 at 3:40 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 4:14 PM Post #9
Is the mantle in front of/above a fireplace?

Are the dressers stackable? I realize that may seem like a strange thing to do with antiques, but I have done it in the past via use of a felt pad cut to size.
Allis
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 6/22/2015 at 10:02 PM Post #10
See, this is why I needed insight!
I've been so caught up in keeping "this" or "that" a certain way, that I've so easily lost sight of the bigger picture and divergent possibilities! Thanks so much for the suggestions!! <3
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.