Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Conclusion of the Spring Festival
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lilaclipgloss
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 8:49 PM Post #21
I enjoyed quite abit of the event, but found the "egg hunt to battle" aspect tedious. In order to participate I was setting alarms so I could quickly hop on to try the events while I was working or (in the case of the morning ones) sleeping... but the uncertain times of the battle part made this impossible for me.

I had no interest in the egg hunt, though I did participate to try to get to the battle part more quickly. The prizes that I got for that was just silver eggs, which I had no interest in past the very first day... so it was a total snore!

My only other disappointment was that the egg shop didn't have any "expensive" items worth saving up the eggs for. I know there was a large amount of items, but with the event eggs popping up there wasn't any sort of excitement in getting silver eggs.

I loved the items you came out with (though would have loved less Nixi stuff and more Faelora stuff!) they were beautifully made as ALWAYS by your artist.
The event eggs were great, being able to find them all over the site really made my day!

The forum events that I participated in were good, I adore Fai for taking the wheel and letting us enjoy the forum games!

Also the egg auction was GREAT! The new automated system is fantastic and I hope it's here to stay~

(Might add more if I think of it. :3)
Tomboyt
Level 68
Knight
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 8:55 PM Post #22
I loved the spring surprise eggs randomly popping up. I loved the unique daily events. (IE not Frankenpet because we do that all year - although that was lots of fun, too. It just wasn't as exciting as the others.) I liked how some events required Sylestia knowledge and exprience (Who's Your Daddy) while others didn't (Sudoku). I loved the store, although I felt it had a rather small selection for a special event. Perhaps you could add super-rare items with a higher cost? My favorite part of the celebration was the Eggling hunts! Those were sooo much fun, and they happened so often, but each one was kind of unique due to number of players online at that time of day and the number of egglings hidden. I loved how during festival events, the wild sylesties changed into special event sylesties.While I agree with Lilaclipgloss that the battles after the eggling hunts were tedious, I actually found myself enjoying them later into the week because they were an easy way to level up.
Pretty much, it was an amazing week that made me love this game even more! Great work, you guys!
Edited By 2970 on 4/8/2013 at 8:58 PM.
Reynbowz
Level 65
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 8:58 PM Post #23
Obviously it was AWESOMEEE!! Best event yet. Which is good since it's also the latest event yet LOL. I'll point out some things I liked and some things that can be improved. Overall this was a great event though and hopefully this feedback will help future events be even awesomer!

Agreeing with others that the egg-collecting/raid portions were a little long. If the point was to allow for lots of people to participate, I'd say more/shorter raids ( as opposed to less/longer ) would do the trick. Should also probably set the event times evenly along the 24hr day, so as to be fair to people in all timezones and schedules. Find a happy medium

Plusses - tons of great items, nicely drawn and stuff so no issues there. Keep it up!
Lots of special event Sylestis, that was cool and I liked that you did multiple pets this time rather than just one species like the past events. I think that was a good move, as you hit more target audiences (e.g., fox-lovers and vorpie-lovers as opposed to just one or the other). Keep doing that! Just one thing, I recommend getting an artist to design the event Syls next time if you didn't this time. There were some colour clashing issues, to be honest @_@

As for big problems to fix, I still feel like the forum games are pretty centralized, as they always have been. It always seems to be the same small group of people winning the top few prizes. This seems to be an issue in most forum games in general, and I'm not sure what to suggest to promote decentralization --- but it's something to think about.

I liked the floating eggs that gave you prizes, this provided an easy way to get some cool stuff without being too much. The floating eggs had the unintended side-effect of deflating prices of essences and such, but I think it is probably good to have seasonal price fluctuations in the market. I'm not economy major, but it's probably good to have cycles like these? /shrug Not to mention --- it was a really fun surprise whenever you found one!
Speaking of economy, I think the diamond-bought baskets were a nice touch. Gives diamond-buyers an option to quickly collect event items easily while bringing a nice funding boost to the site at the same time. Great idea!

The length of the event was just right I think. Longer events are nice cause it gives everyone a better opportunity to collect event items. (:

One last thing I'd recommend just to spice things up, as I've mentioned in the chatroom is to have Sylestia-centric holidays. That is, ones not necessarily tied to IRL festivities. I think it would really help to define and develop Sylestia as a site and "world", while increasing interest at the same time. Maybe even include plots? Just some vague ideas for the future! You're doing a great job, so keep at it

So again, overall a great event, very fun and just a few suggestions to make it even better next time. Looking forward to the next thing, and thanks for a really awesome Springtime celebration! (:
Edited By 134 on 4/8/2013 at 10:10 PM.
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 9:00 PM Post #24
Great event. I loved getting to look for eggs beforehand, though I wish there were more things to save up for, seeing as everything was so cheap. I had what I wanted to before the weekend was over and then really had no other reason to do stuff. So having a few things (possibly clothing rather than accessories, or bigger accessories) would be a good thing.

But I did love the accessories we did get. I now finally can construct my Muse out of my Avatar (she's a winged tiger-girl). Plus, I have others for if I decide to change my look sometime down the road. And the random eggs around the site with surprises were fun to look for and I always was excited to see what I got.
Elizapup
Level 42
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 9:04 PM Post #25
I loved it! ( I started in the middle of it to!) it was cute to see the little eggs pop up outta nowhere... POP!!
Lunarshinobi
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 93
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 9:04 PM Post #26
I loved the surprise eggs, and the bandit raids on the festival.

It would've been nice if we could only get the event items from the shop, or if there were more things in there, I didn't need the silver eggs after one day.
Akito
Level 74
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 152
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 9:41 PM Post #27
I loved it. I wish I could of found more Spring Surprise eggs though. And I got my butt handed to me during the battles to save the eggs. But besides that it was fun. Maybe next time you can have the enemies a bit of a lower level. Just a thought. I enjoyed my first event on here.
Starlightangel
Level 62
The Hallowed
Threads: 116
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 9:44 PM Post #28
It was amazing and so fun!! And I loved the little surprises on the pages. >w<
Varienttiefling
Level 58
Threads: 61
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 9:46 PM Post #29
This was my favourite site event so far! Nothing beat finding an egg on a page and getting something cool from it!
Luna08
Level 16
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/8/2013 at 10:11 PM Post #30
i can't really say i liked it i wasn't signed up when it was going on
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.