Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Colonel Hazard's Birthday Costume Co...
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Siennathecat
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/8/2015 at 8:47 AM Post #51
First of all, Happy Early Birthday!

Now, onto the design...
NOTE: Pastel colors are my favorite colors...so please excuse all these cool tones.

Morning Glory or Iridescent Spring

Since your birthday is in spring and near Easter, I decided to do something very flowery. I made up a small narrative to go along with it...

When the cold winds and icy snow have passed on, spring breaks upon the land. Small, delicate buds start to appear across the countryside, promising new life after a season of frost. They say these small buds come forth after listening to the sweet song of a goddess.

Heh, a little cheesy, but I hope you like it!

Also, could I have this one please? Thank you!
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1337033
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/8/2015 at 9:00 AM Post #52
Oh, I love it! What a beautiful colour combination!

Here's your Nixi, all set up and ready to take home: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1337033
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/10/2015 at 1:54 PM Post #53
Huzzah, it's my birthday and that means it's time to announce the winners of the costume contest! You all made it very difficult for me with your lovely designs, and I found it difficult to rank them -- I had to put them all in one document in Photoshop and go by process of elimination, hiding individual layers until I got it down to just a few designs XD

But after that arduous process, I finally managed to select my three favourites to win the prizes. You all deserve a prize, though, so if you haven't collected your participation prize, just comment with a link to your choice of WS Nixi offspring (see here: https://www.sylestia.com/stables/?stable=33503) and ping me!

So, without further ado.... I present to you the winning designs:

1st place -- "Ethereal Vagabond" by Sunstonephoenix

I absolutely love the colour combo on this one (the clever use of that tawny beige to calm down the bright green and purple was genius) and have been wanting an outfit which uses one of the butterfly lanterns! Also, you managed to put two of my most favourite words into the title, which was very evocative. I didn't have the Arcanic Wings (if anyone is selling them, I'm interested in buying!) so I used the Love Light Wings to get a similar glowing effect, matching the sparkly flower hair clip. You can see my version, which will be my outfit for the rest of April, below:

To collect your prize, you can PM me with your choice of April Monthly Avatar Item worth up to 250 diamonds. Congratulations and thank you for your lovely outfit design!

2nd place -- "The Special Shimmer" by Yukiyume

I was really impressed by the use of colour in this design as well. I thought it was bold to go with deep blues to counterbalance the warm red and orange colour scheme, and you even managed to work in a rainbow item without it seeming out of place! Impressive job, and I liked your little description and hilarious accidental pun with my username -- it made me smile :)

To collect your prize, I will send you a fairy mushroom, and all you have to do is send it back to me with a CoD of 100k gold. I will accept it and you will get the prize money!

3rd place -- "Morning Glory/Iridescent Spring" by Siennathecat

I used to do research on morning glories, and even though they're pretty evil plants, the colours of their flowers are so beautiful, and you did a great job capturing that here. I also love the way you combined avatar items, using some simpler designs and some more busy ones to create a unified-looking silhouette. Plus I'm a sucker for butterflies, and you gave such a cute description.

Your prize, a 3 vis, 2 carry Spring Skies Lighira, is already set up for you here: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1166666

Thank you once again to all who participated -- I'm saving all your designs so that the next time I need some outfit inspiration, I'll have a good starting point! I really enjoyed seeing what everyone came up with and it made my birthday that much happier!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.