Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 2/1/2015 - Sylvorpa Revamp Preview
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dauntlessscale1
Level 50
Threads: 144
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 2:05 PM Post #101
I love the new look! I am really excited about this cause my starter girl is a Vorpa. She and I cant wait to see how she will turn out!

Also, I was never a huge fan of the boy, that's why I never had many vorpas, only my starter and her partner. But now I really like how the boy looks.

Now... I don't want to be judgy or mean or anything but something about the new baby girl is strange to me. I'm not sure if the body is too big for the head but I don't know. But I do like that she is kind of in a nap position, that's just too cute!

I just super duper cant wait!!!!!!!
Neongalaxy
Level 37
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 2:24 PM Post #102
Wow they look awesome!!!!
Silverwintermoon
Level 75
Season's Greeter
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 4:08 PM Post #103
I really like this revamp!
Kitsumetails
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 18
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 4:13 PM Post #104
A much needed improvement! Awesome!
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 4:39 PM Post #105
I have never been a huge fan of Sylvorpas. I do like some with unusual patterns and coloring, but as a whole not a huge fan. Really like the redraw, and I'm more of a fan of them but I still don't think they're too high on my list. That being said, I still will enjoy seeing them in the world. And they -are- super cute.

Since I've never really liked them, I don't feel to right in giving a lot of feedback about them so I'll be brief. The action style of the adult male is a little weird but I also like it. He looks like he just finished a tail whip and is landing with all his aqua-grace. Nothing that has been said about anatomy has bothered me but I can most certainly see all the arguments. The male baby's clapping feet look playful but I can see from where everyone is coming.

It amazes me how in depth some people are about the anatomy. Which isn't a bad thing at all, I just find it super interesting. Especially when one person says "I can't stand this" and the next person says "this is my favorite." Anyways, the redraw looks amazing and great job to the whole team.

Edit: I just want to be clear that I like hearing people talk about the anatomy or details of the redraw. I, personally, did not think that far into it, but perhaps that is because I'm not in love with Sylvorpas. So if nothing stands out as wrong, I just go with it. Perhaps if my favorite species was redrawn, I'd be more active in scrutinizing. As long as the comments are constructive, it's really nice to hear and see so many points of view.
Edited By Kyokai on 2/3/2015 at 10:40 AM.
Serabee
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 8:03 PM Post #106
The adult male is my favorite, so pretty! I know a lot of people are complaining about the pose, but I'm so glad you're not changing it since I love it XD It has an ethereal, dragon sort of feel to it which is fabulous. I will admit that the adult female isn't my favorite, though. I don't know... it just looks weird. Perhaps it's because it looks like the current one, which has always looked awkward to me, but I dunno.

Whatever the case, I can't wait for the revamp :3 There's nothing here I can't live with and learn to love! I've got some gorgeous even Syls that I bet will be gorgeous~ And if they are released on Friday (I know, no promises) that'd be a huge plus for me. My mom's having a (minor) surgery that day, but I'm still so anxious :p I need all the distractions I can get.

Edit: Reading through the other posts, I'm loving this discussion of Sylvorpa anatomy XD I'd say people are overthinking things, but I also put a lot of thought into how all Sylestis move, how their bodies are shaped, etc. (particularly if I'm writing a story) Sylvorpas have always been one of my favorite species because, even though they're aquatic, you could also imagine them traversing forests or trekking across mountains. Water is my favorite element, so I tend to lean towards aquatic looking species, but the problem is that so many fictional aquatic species COULDN'T move on land. Either that, or they can move on land but don't look even semi-aquatic (I'm looking at you, Acara! Even though I own two...). Sylvorpas are great since they are clearly most at home in water, but can adventure all across Sylestia by their trainer's side.
Edited By Serabee on 2/2/2015 at 8:25 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 674
Posted: 2/2/2015 at 9:56 PM Post #107
I have been enjoying the discussion of the redraw. To me, the players' ideas, comments, and suggestions about even tiny details of the redraw shows how much they care about their Sylvorpas.

Plus, Krin and Fae have taught us that they listen to us (witness the remarkable improvements in the Qitari, especially the female). I still have hope that the male's barbels might end up looking more barbel-ly (is that even a word?).

Oh, and I didn't mention before, the adult female's head is turned, just as in the original image, not twisted. That is excellent. Now maybe, in the Zolnixi redraw, the female's neck can be untwisted? Seriously, I think that's why I have an over-abundance of male Nixies; the poor females look like they ought to be in pain.
Coradrawa
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 154
Posted: 2/3/2015 at 7:17 AM Post #108
OMGOSH!
They look so chubby and ccuuttee! * runs around in a circle like a 5 year old on suger *
Zzzzz
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 93
Posted: 2/3/2015 at 11:00 AM Post #109
Just as a thought, since I know a lot of people are complaining about the male's pose, could you maybe draw a rock under him or something? It would fix the foliating issue and shouldn't be too difficult to erase the few areas of some mutations that would overlap the rock funny.

Also, I'd like to suggest the little head tendrils be scaled back a bit on the babies. They seem a bit too big. It's good they're fat, but they seem kind of long.

Otherwise, the redraw is great. I think I'll actually like this species now. :3

(now if only the morkko could go through a redraw...)
Edited By Zzzzz on 2/3/2015 at 11:02 AM.
Bmrbgttyjjl
Level 64
The Perfectionist
Threads: 86
Posted: 2/3/2015 at 12:19 PM Post #110
I love the new redraw. They look much cooler now.

My one thing is that the male adult looks thinner and smaller then the female. I think it makes him look like a hot dog. It would help if he was a little broader....
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.