Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 10/7/2014 - Dye Usage Now Tracked
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 7:54 PM Post #41
All in all, People over complicating everything is really sucking the fun out of things. You can't accept a gift without worrying that someone will get mad if you sell it later, or sell its babies, or do anything with it. You can't dye a pet, or someone might decide its not Pure anymore, Even if it looks better.

Indeed.

This is how I view the game. I sit here in my own little world, doing my own little thing, the way I enjoy doing it. I don't sweat what anyone else is doing, as everyone has their own play style and way of doing things that makes them happy. As it should be.

If you have a pet, whether you bought it or caught it, it's yours to do with as you please. Period. That's not negotiable or up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

Someone bought a snow white pet off of me. They PM'd me, asking if I would have a problem with them dying it as they wanted to use it in their own breeding project and it needed to be golden brown. I was surprised they even asked. Once a pet is in someone's possession, it's theirs and nothing, absolutely nothing done with that pet, is anyone else's business. It's certainly not mine.

I've done give aways and gifted really nice pets. If people want to sell them, dye them, kill them, starve them, breed the hell out of them and sell 1000 offspring, that's NOT my concern anymore. The pet is no longer mine, it's theirs and I don't have a right to try and tell them what they can and can't do with it. Nobody does. If you buy a new car is the dealership going to dictate how you drive it and what you use it for? If you find a table at a yard sale does the original owner have the right to tell you that you can't paint it? Right.

There is no 'right' and 'wrong' way to play. It's not 'right' or 'wrong' to dye themed or wheel pets. You play in a way that makes you happy and if some people don't like it, boo freaking hoo. Let them deal and keep their opinions to themselves. Not everyone wants to hear it. I know I don't. And that's that. Nice and simple.
Edited By Shadow on 10/8/2014 at 8:14 PM.
Dyschordia
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 11:24 PM Post #42
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=17861&page=5#41
Author: Shadow
Time Posted: 10/8/2014 at 7:54 PM
All in all, People over complicating everything is really sucking the fun out of things. You can't accept a gift without worrying that someone will get mad if you sell it later, or sell its babies, or do anything with it. You can't dye a pet, or someone might decide its not Pure anymore, Even if it looks better.

Indeed.

This is how I view the game. I sit here in my own little world, doing my own little thing, the way I enjoy doing it. I don't sweat what anyone else is doing, as everyone has their own play style and way of doing things that makes them happy. As it should be.

If you have a pet, whether you bought it or caught it, it's yours to do with as you please. Period. That's not negotiable or up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

Someone bought a snow white pet off of me. They PM'd me, asking if I would have a problem with them dying it as they wanted to use it in their own breeding project and it needed to be golden brown. I was surprised they even asked. Once a pet is in someone's possession, it's theirs and nothing, absolutely nothing done with that pet, is anyone else's business. It's certainly not mine.

I've done give aways and gifted really nice pets. If people want to sell them, dye them, kill them, starve them, breed the hell out of them and sell 1000 offspring, that's NOT my concern anymore. The pet is no longer mine, it's theirs and I don't have a right to try and tell them what they can and can't do with it. Nobody does. If you buy a new car is the dealership going to dictate how you drive it and what you use it for? If you find a table at a yard sale does the original owner have the right to tell you that you can't paint it? Right.

There is no 'right' and 'wrong' way to play. It's not 'right' or 'wrong' to dye themed or wheel pets. You play in a way that makes you happy and if some people don't like it, boo freaking hoo. Let them deal and keep their opinions to themselves. Not everyone wants to hear it. I know I don't. And that's that. Nice and simple.
This. SO Much This.

I mean, if people are going to be that picky about a pet they give away, Don't give it away.
I never want to disrespect an original owner, don't get me wrong. When I receive a pet, I truly appreciate it.
But sometimes my goals, tastes, and directions change. Sometimes I need room and it comes down to things like, Which pet do I see myself using the least? or I'm hurting for money to feed the pets I have, and I need to think in terms of how can I earn money and cut down on these pets.
Sometimes me giving away, painting, or etc, a pet doesn't mean I didn't appreciate it or cherish it, just that in order to suit it to this or that need or goal I had I had to make a change.
But in the end what's the point of a pet I can do nothing with if I don't have any permissions? Why pay these prices of 300k or even 30k for pets I can't do a single forsaken thing without going back to its original owner to question my every move regarding that pet? The game isn't enjoyable to me at that point. Instead it's stressful. It's a constant worry of whos toes I might step on.

And even then, If someone does something regarded as pretty annoying or rude in regards to a pet I gave/sold to them, That sucks. But it's already theirs, What am I going to do? Hunt them down? For what? If they're going to be rude, they aren't going to change the behavior because Im mad. What if it was a mistake? Now instead of letting it go, or trying to be understanding I've now contacted them angrily and embarrassed them and made them feel bad. Wow, That's phenomenal.

And 90% of the time, when I see people get upset about these things, they're jumping to the worst conclusions! I mean, Really? No one thinks about, "Hey, they may have come from another site where that's no big deal." or, "Maybe they're really young and don't understand how that can upset the original owner." or even, "Maybe it was just a mistake."

It would be one thing if people had all these special requests and were nice about them. But people get so mean and angry. It just feels hostile if you don't follow all these people's rules.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 11:34 PM Post #43
Firstly, I'd like to address the issue of derailing announcement threads. This announcement was about the simple addition of an icon displaying whether or not a pet's been dyed. It had nothing to do with themed pets or anything else. Please always keep announcement threads on topic.

Secondy, since I feel that the issue of dyed themed pets is getting out of hand, I feel that we need to make an official statement on the issue. Keep in mind that this post is for the entire playerbase, it is not directed at any single individual. The purpose of this post is to establish an official statement on a hotly debated topic currently on Sylestia.

As classified by us, the creators of Sylestia, a themed pet is one that's labeled as such on the profile page, period. There is no such thing as a pure themed pet, natural themed pet, or any other adjective + themed pet. It's just, "themed pet".

That being said, if you personally do not view dyed themed pets on the same level as un-dyed themed pets, then that is your opinion and it's perfectly 100% fine to feel that way. The simple reaction to feeling this way is to simply not seek out pets that you do not want, AKA: dyed themed pets. However, telling others that their pets are inferior is something that I am not okay with - and this applies for any reason, not just dyed themed pets.

Our goal, as the creators of Sylestia, is to create a friendly environment for all players. In order to achieve this, we must make it possible for every player to enjoy Sylestia however they see fit. We try extremely hard to accomplish this. Part of that is creating an atmosphere where each and every individual can manage their pets (and accounts in general) however they want and never feel like they'll be ridiculed for doing so. So please keep this in mind when viewing other player's pets or playstyle.

Lastly, another issue being brought up in this thread is what you can or can't do with a pet once you purchase it. In our eyes, once you obtain ownership of a pet, it is your pet - 100%. You can do whatever you want with that pet without fear of being ridiculed. As a seller, if you are going to be upset with how your pet may end up under another's ownership, then do not sell it. Now, as a buyer, if you bargain with a specific player for a specific pet and then do something with that pet that the seller didn't like, keep in mind that they may not sell any more pets to you because of that. Why? Because it goes both ways. You can do what you want with your pets and they can do what they want with their pets.

I am locking this thread to prevent further debate on this issue. If you have any questions, you can always PM myself or Faiona. Thank you.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 11:35 PM Post #44
^^ Forgot to ping -_-
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.