Players 2,302 355
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,266,492 1,761
Generated 656,507 8
Captured 1,191,815 490
Bred 6,418,075 1,263
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Design a Luffox!
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/7/2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1
So I have the essences on hand for a Luffox project, but I'm feeling totally uninspired as far as designing one goes. Soooooo here we go :D

The Game
Design a Luffox with 4 visibles. Fewer is acceptable, if you think your design would look better with fewer, but no more that 4! Also, please only enter a maximum of two designs.

Your Luffox must be based on/ inspired by a song. Any song/ genre/ anything will do, and any relationship to the song is acceptable (inspired by cover art, general mood of the song, the story found in the song, etc! Go wild.) Please include a link to the song somewhere c: If the song you chose is rated above PG for whatever reason, please PM it to me instead of posting it on the thread.
- - - - -

Rules
- Please be nice to one another c:
- If you feel someone is copying your design, please PM me with your concerns.
- Multiple people are allowed to use the same song. I'm always happy to look at someone else's interpretation of a piece~
- Please ping me with entries.
- - - - -

Prizes
There will be three winners.

The first place winner will have their design made into a project, and will receive a full-vis from the project, of whichever gender they like. In addition, they can choose between a pet from my projects, 100k gold, or an egg from any of my wheel pets*.

The second place winner will be able to choose between the remaining prizes.

The third place winner will get whichever is left.
- - - - -

Uhhh that's everything I think! Have at it. I'm super excited to see what you come up with :D

*you can ask me to breed any of my pets, ask me to breed with another pet, or take one of the pets currently available for sale, at no cost to yourself.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 10/7/2014 at 10:05 PM Post #2
Summer Lovin' Luffox
(based on my Summer Lovin' Griffi design for the Summer Fest)

The colors are based off the three main colors in the scene from Grease, Pink for the Pink Ladies, Yellow for Sandy's dress and Black for the T-birds jackets.

Traits
G2: Petals
G3: Runes
M1: Lemur Tail
M3: Lovely Hearts

May add another one later, but that's it for now.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 12:19 AM Post #3
tear by Kagamine Rin (here's an english cover!)

I wanted to start with a childish-melody song, so I made one to this song. xD It's yet another love song, though I always like the chorus, where it chimes lines along "if you can't cry, I'll cry for you, and if I can't laugh, you end up laughing instead," so it's like a perfect couple that fills each other's missing parts.
(But I honestly liked the melody. ;w; )

I wasn't sure whether to include Ram Horns or not. >//< I like both with and without horns. ;w;
It's mainly Petals, Lucky Runes, and Lovely Hearts. (All whites left in the slots are intentional!)

Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson

Chill song about being lazy and staying lazy and enjoying being lazy by making banana pancakes. c: Wanted to make the design soft and relaxed.

Again, wasn't sure whether to include Ram Horns or not. ;w;
The main design includes Spotted Civet, Wispy Tail, and Flowered Vines. (White slots are intentional here as well!)
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 12:20 AM Post #4
oh gosh I forgot to ping. ;n;
/quietly pings and points above
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 10/8/2014 at 1:05 AM Post #5
I stumbled across this thread at the same time "Stargazer" by Rainbow was playing. It might be weird but the luffox is based both on the antagonist wizard and the slave narrating the song. The sky that the wizard wanted to fly through is reflected on the fur which seems appropriate as well for the slave since the sky in a manner led to his later freedom. Red represents for both the blood spilled building the tower, the wizard's death, and the red eyes for the slave. The luffox has no wings, either. I think the song is fine for here but just in case I'll send a link.

Rosebud
Level 44
Threads: 5
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 6:36 PM Post #6
SUMMER NIGHTS BY RASCAL FLATTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Q-LQQW6pA

chillin by the bonfire and watchin the moon and fire flies glow. gotta love summer nights ^-^
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 8:28 PM Post #7
Ouch that two entry limit. Could we have two ~official~ entries and if we feel like making more, just post them anyway with the understanding if you like them best we wouldn't get any prize for them? I'm asking not so much because I think I'll be massively inspired but because picking only two songs might hurt me deeply. But if that's firm I'll try to deal with it, haha.
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 10/10/2014 at 9:11 PM Post #8
As long as you make it obvious which two designs are your Actual Entries, I don't mind lots of additional designs <3

Though for the sake of clarity as far as rule addendums go, any additional entries submitted will not be eligible for a prize, even if I do choose them.
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/11/2014 at 2:09 PM Post #9
***ENTRY 1****
My first song is Make it Stop (September's Children) by Rise Against. I think I'll have to pm it to you, since the subject matter/especially the video for it isn't exactly pg.)

They're supposed to showing angelic qualities/purity but have been touched by well. Darkness. But they're still okay.

***Not an Entry***
My second song is Heads Will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Which I don't *think* is above PG for the song itself, but maybe the video is? I mean it doesn't show anything real but eh. The other ones are remixes or incorrect lyric versions, but I can change if this is isn't PG enough.)

I'll add more, but right now this is my post.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 10/11/2014 at 5:56 PM Post #10
Okay, so I haven't had much luck with design contests because there are so many creative, and talented people on this site. But this sounded like a lot of fun, and gave me a chance to find inspiration in some of my favorite band's songs.

So this first one is based off of Bowling For Soup's Punk Rock 101. I included a link to just the lyrics below, since I figured that was safe. :)
http://www.metrolyrics.com/punk-rock-101-lyrics-bowling-for-soup.html

Punk Rock Luffox - Spade Tail, Lovely Hearts, Banded Stripes, Ferret

Okay, and since the last design was so bright and colorful, I decided to go with a more somber song for my second entry. This is inspired by Great Big Sea's Chemical Worker's Song. I highly recommend all songs by this band if anyone is into folk music. Link to the lyrics is below.
http://www.metrolyrics.com/the-chemical-workers-song-process-man-lyrics-great-big-sea.html

Chemical Burn Luffox - Wispy Tail, Flowered Vines, Petals, Tiger
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.