Players 2,356 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,256,924 1,133
Generated 656,451 15
Captured 1,191,067 33
Bred 6,409,311 1,085
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Design an Avatar Outfit for the Fall Fes...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Marsandin
Level 75
The Jolly
Threads: 20
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 7:22 PM Post #21
Pretty much gender neutral.
I may edit the crown a bit and add a wing item... we'll see.
Edited By Marsandin on 9/2/2014 at 7:23 PM.
Entropy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 27
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 8:37 PM Post #22
Okay I'm just going to go with "yes you can edit your post" later. I'm excited and want to show what I have so far. :)
Pictures are a little small, I hope I can fix that later. o:

Anyway, my mind immediately went to harvest when I thought of Fall, so all of these items (and the future ones) will be harvest themed. :)

Outfit: This is a cornucopia! It's overflowing with bounty. (I imagine a lot more food items, maybe around the feet or attached the the outfit somehow, my skills with squishing them in are pretty limited and thus the male has none. :c) I don't really imagine it as a recolourable item, but the colours used for the vines/fruit/leaves can be changed. I also think it would be good textured in a more wicker-y style, but that is far beyond me to draw.

Wings: These are bell wings, which are made because of the tradition of bells being rang constantly during harvest time in Great Britain in the past. These I envision as either recolourable or not, and if not they could also be gold. The ribbon is optional, just a connector, and it could be places a lot better to see it. A chain would also work well I think.

Head: This is supposed to be a mooncake, which is a traditional food in the Moon/Mid Autumn festival which is celebrated in many Asian countries. The pattern is often either the Chinese characters for longevity, or harmony. As additional decoration there might be imprints of the moon, flowers, vines, or the rabbit (the symbol of the moon) as well. It would be a bit less like the round thing I rendered, as the top and sides have depth to them with the prints.

Held: A goose! This one in particular happens to be a Canada goose, but another would be completely fine. I was thinking one with its wings spread, but that is far beyond my ability to draw. Geese typically migrate in the fall, going away for the Winter. They are also a traditional food for Michaelmas, a holiday falling on the 29th of September. It celebrates Michael, the arch angel.

Back: These are nothing more than some soft lights, they could be connected with wires, but I think free floating looks better. I think it would be good to have them in various sizes, with either the two colour options or pre coloured varieties. They're semi transparent, and are made to look like a glow, something more fluid would be optimal. These lights are to represent the Blackpool Illuminations, a traditional showing of lights for a few months in Autumn in Blackpool. They are typically a spectacle viewed with a drive through.

And that's all of them! I may update this again if I feel up to trying to make any of this looks better. Probably not, I'm an atrocious artist. :P
Edited By Entropy on 9/18/2014 at 3:01 PM.
Junco
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 29
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 8:54 PM Post #23
While this is basically just a [Raven Costume], you could name it something more intimidating like [Herald of Death] or something. The name is ultimately unimportant. Having a bird skull mask is,however, extremely important.

Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 10:15 PM Post #24
That's fine
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 10:20 PM Post #25
It's still a super hero costume even if you change the colors...changing the colors is not sufficient to 'making it your own'. Especially since vast majority of our avatar items are dynamic images, so the colors do not matter.

Basically, if you want to take influence from say Spider Man...it better be different enough that I could never look at it and immediately connect Spider Man to that design.
Wildblossom
Level 32
Seashell Collector
Threads: 37
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 10:38 PM Post #26
Ok great:D
Thrackerzod
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 10:55 PM Post #27
Wow, Saturday! That's so nice! :D

Also, welcome! :)
Thrackerzod
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 9/2/2014 at 10:56 PM Post #28
*grabby hands* Raven costume and bird skull mask...yessss....
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 9/3/2014 at 11:29 AM Post #29

Skeleton Costumes!

Outfit: Skeleton Costume
Head: Skeleton Mask
Back: Tombstone
Held: Glowing potion (could do a variety of colors)
Keys
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 40
Posted: 9/3/2014 at 12:30 PM Post #30

my design is a midnight dragon costume. the head piece is a dragon head that is a hood and comes down into the tail of the dragon. the back items is flames that surround the dragon. the wings are the dragon wings with a net like design. the clothing is a full piece dragon armor type with a small cap draping from the back of the pants and shoulder blade armor with criss cross straps. the shoes are dragon claws.i choose this design because in fall there is Halloween and in Halloween people dress up for parties.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.