Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > I'm so lost.
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Pandapop
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 5:30 PM Post #1
To begin, I just started playing Sylestia like... yesterday? And so far I've been doing 'okay'. Still trying to learn the ropes and figure out what does what. I caught a few Sylesti that I thought were pretty, but nothing fancy. I understand the skill trees and the level-up points...

But making gold is hard! I have NO luck with that Jamboree game, and random loot from these early-level zones don't help pay for health-recovery items or emergency trips to the healer. Took me hours just to get 2,500 for my second pet slot, and now I need 20,000? Or 25,000? Something like that.

I'm stuck on Faerina's Shrine, in Umbra Forest. I've reached the top, and the waves of undead kill me off as soon as I've knocked out, at the most, two enemies. So I need to level up, I guess... since gold isn't an option. My main Vulnyx is level 29, and my secondary pet is at 27.

I tried going back to the previous zone, Nightfall Bandit Camp. I played around there until I came up with another boss battle, and LOL NOPE. Three times defeated and not anywhere close to completing. That was the only zone that gave some experience worth working for... the other earlier zones give a max of 1-2exp it seems. Can't go back there for now, apparently.

The Spring Festival zone I can get to. I can take on maybe 6-7 enemies before needing to visit a healer, or using up items. But the flow of exp vs. time it takes to gain it is kinda... not good?

Now don't get me wrong -- I'm not really complaining per say, I'm just kind of baffled.

WHAT DO I DO. ; -; I NEED MONIES, HALP.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 5:37 PM Post #2
I'm going to message you in a moment to try and help clear some things up. c:
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 5:39 PM Post #3
Yeah, the beginning game is tough. CoD me a mushroom for 50k. That should set you up with a third party slot and enough gold to get by healing wise for a bit. While you're battling, you can set your other pets up to do missions to earn gold and exp. They'll also get you mission satchels which hold potions and elixirs. Your pets also heal by themselves over time~
Pandapop
Level 60
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 5:48 PM Post #4
Oh no, I would like to earn the gold myself. I very much appreciate the offer/help, but I feel more uhm... accomplished? If I manage to earn things on my own. I just wanted some advice on how to earn more in a timely manner, and you and Kaufee are helping me! So thank you for that. c:

I saw the missions thing, and I can send a total of two pets at once? So that's going, and I can collect the reward in about a half hour, I think... It was a little while ago that I started it. I wasn't aware that my pets heal themselves, so that's a relief to know.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 5:55 PM Post #5
No probs~ The gold gets easier to get once you're level capped. If you find yourself short on gold and on health, you can also hit up a lower level area and just fight with your pets and use their 25 turn cool down heal when it pops up~ :) Aside from the gold though, I do collect level 25 legendary and mythical equipment that might be of some use to you and your pets if you'd like some? I collect up them specifically to give them away~ so it wouldn't be any trouble and the gear will help out quite a bit.
Pandapop
Level 60
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 6:03 PM Post #6
Mmh... :c If you're absolutely certain that it isn't a bother, then I would very much appreciate some new gear. I don't want to come off as the newbie that takes advantage of the senior players. xD But all the help, I will pay it forward later on to other new players when I've got a better grip of the game and its mechanics. c:
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 6:08 PM Post #7
I'm certain. :) I'll send some gear your way~

Really quick, Kaufee might actually be explaining this, do you know about class rolls and stats? Tanks, magic dps and physical dps? There's a great guide here that could help explain party building fundamentals, which will also help you survive longer in fights as well as maximize your damage.
Pandapop
Level 60
Posted: 5/1/2014 at 6:10 PM Post #8
Then thank you very much! And yes, Kaufee is doing a wonderful job explaining things to me. I'm pleased to find how helpful and generous this community seems to be, so far. c: I'm really beginning to become addicted to this site. xD

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.