Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Effective Builds for Effective Parties
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Threads: 44
Posted: 12/29/2012 at 7:29 PM Post #1
I've scoured over the FAQ forum, and it's come to my attention that there's not an in-depth "help me with my builds" thread. I know it would have been useful for me, and for some it might even be common sense, but it's something that should be addressed. And that's why I'm here!

Ever had your party just not doing as well as you want it to? Is your main attacker not able to take the kind of damage he's supposed to? How come your party keeps dying so quickly? There's an easy answer for that, and it's not always level, level, level. How you build your Sylesti matters, too.

Now there's six types of elemental proficiencies: Three physical and three magical.

Physical type elements work off of high Strength. Physical type proficiencies are: Air, Earth, and Ice. If you have leaned your pet in a more strength direction, one of these three should be able to help you.

Magical based elements work off of high Intelligence. The three magical type proficiencies are: Fire, Light, and Shadow. If you have developed your pet in a more intelligent direction, then these proficiencies have more to offer you.

Once you have chosen a proficiency that better suits the Sylestis main stat, adjust their second stat to the one the proficiency best boosts (dexterity or agility). From there, distribute points how you feel best fits.

Party Building

Now in my experience, the best party consists of at least one Light user. This way there is always a chance to restore health to your entire party without having to use as many potions or mends. The higher level your Light user is, the more you can feasibly return to your party in health.

However you choose to construct your party from this point, make sure you have invested plenty of points into Health for your main attacker, as well. Since they take the brunt of the damage, this will be important. Your main pet could be your healer, but I would highly suggest against it. Let your healer sit in the back row and heal while the others do the bulk of the damage. Your main should both be able to take and give lots of damage. Earth is a very good choice for this (however, I personally use ice). If you're worried about being able to take down two enemies at a time, Fire is probably your best option. The choice is all yours, find what works for you, but remember that how you build and combine them with proficiencies is how well you will do in battle.

Happy hunting, players!
And please post here if this has helped you!
Dimitri
Level 60
Threads: 17
Posted: 12/29/2012 at 11:17 PM Post #2
I was thinking myself of doing a thread like this, but I see you beat me to it. It's good advice, but I think there are some things I'd like to add.

When assigning points for the proficiencies, I think it is far more useful to concentrate solely on the same stat, because the growth increases at each point spent. For example, if you choose fire and decide to put 4 points in intelligence and 2 points in dexterity, you will obtain 50 intelligence + 15 dexterity, so 65 bonus stats points, but if you put all your points in intelligence instead, you can obtain 110 bonus stats points. Then, if you want to have higher dexterity, you can use your standard level up points to augment your dexterity. Changing level up stats is a lot cheaper than changing proficiencies. Personnally, I also think that it is not useful to boost the damage basic elemental attack. If you want pure damage, you can max out the attack stat in your proficiencies (intelligence or strengh) instead, it will provide a better damage boost. Of course, when we will be able to reach level 60, enhancing the basic proficiency ability could be useful, but it isn't possible for the time being.

The exact growth of stats for proficiency is:
5-15-30-50-75-110-155-210-275-350

it is important to note that agility and dexterity should always be complimentary stats, agility being a very defensive stat and dexterity more useful for an attacker. In this set of mind, a sylvesti that chose light or dark and that is not a tank should prefer dexterity over agility, since it gives better accuracy and critical chance instead of damage mitigation and dodge chance.

if anyone has something to add or disagree with something I said, I'd be glad to discuss it.
Edited By 13 on 1/11/2013 at 12:21 PM.
Rosedawn
Level 60
Threads: 68
Posted: 12/30/2012 at 9:05 AM Post #3
For me upping the amount of damage from my first elemental profieciency ability has never been about the damage increase, but about have the points necessary to be able to put my next point into the tree. 100% guaranteed healing? Heck yes! Cannot wait!
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Posted: 1/29/2013 at 9:13 AM Post #4
Bump up for newer users~ 8D
Shadrala
Level 23
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/29/2013 at 1:42 PM Post #5
Thank you so much <3 I've been looking around for something like this!
Lilaclipgloss
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 1/29/2013 at 3:52 PM Post #6
So, I guess I mucked everything up by shoving all of my level up points into mostly phys or int? I guess I had the mentality of "the best defense is a good offense"....
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Posted: 1/29/2013 at 6:02 PM Post #7
It depends, Lilac. If you're not having any trouble getting through anything, then I'd think you're doing just fine. But if you ever find yourself struggling, those may be some of the reasons why. A good offense is good, for sure, but if you're party can't take hits then you may want to invest in some kind of defenses (and possibly more hp that the enemies have to burn through).
Lilaclipgloss
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 1/29/2013 at 7:47 PM Post #8
I don't think I do too bad, I can usually last until the healer is back up. Then again I don't really have anything to compare it to because I haven't seen anyone else play.

I am going to try to use your guy's tips to build my next party up.
Edited By 756 on 1/29/2013 at 7:51 PM.
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Posted: 1/29/2013 at 11:02 PM Post #9
I know I usually rarely dip far below 80% health on my main pet (less with the back-up) in any given situation. The times I do start to see serious damage is when I'm against a triple-threat party of 3+ star enemies, or a boss. (Tyrielle hurts a lot, but I can usually feel comfortable about surviving if I have at least 2-3 strong elixirs). Other than that, Cora is pretty good about making sure my health stays up near the 95+% mark all the way up to the boss. 8>
Shadowphyr
Level 60
Posted: 3/22/2013 at 7:24 AM Post #10
/shoves back up for new users
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.