Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Effective Builds for Effective Parties
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jaderain
Level 58
Threads: 18
Posted: 6/29/2014 at 11:54 PM Post #21
Ok... I'm just starting out and I'm definitely having trouble not only understanding the whole proficiency tree + stat tie together, and how to make sure my equipment is beneficial to my pets because I'm having a rough time with boss battles...

I have no problems with higher level wild pets, but when it comes to helping protect Eisor's Haven from bandits for example, then I find myself in trouble.

So, do you think you can explain it one more time? :) Sorry I'm so slow on the uptake. Also, how do you know which build is best for your pet? Say if you have just caught it, and want to build to the stat form it already has, how would you go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 12:22 AM Post #22
It's no problem to help. c:

This sort of guide kinda applies to higher leveled pets (like in the 30s+), and once you have 3 party slots. I believe at your level, you only have 2?

You might wanna take it slow for now. No need to follow this guide until you have 3 pets in your party. c: (and maybe hit level 30s or so) And you don't get there until you beat Viridian Meadows.

Anyways:

You have two pets, right? The middle pet (your first pet) and the side pet (the top pet, the second pet).

Your middle pet will tend to get hit more often, so try and build more HP into it. Prof tree wise, put as many points into HP. (DO NOT split your prof tree points, they work waaay better cumulatively, and will be more beneficial bonus wise.) Level up wise, you can either put some in HP and the rest in str or int, depending on what equipment you're giving it.

Your side pet won't get hit as often, so while putting 1/4 to 1/2 your level up points into HP so it can survive, put the rest in either Strength or Intelligence (based on what equipment you have more readily available). Put all your prof points in the same stat of Strength or Intelligence.

Esior's Haven bandits tend to scale to the same level as your pets, and taking them all on kinda hurts after awhile because they're on par with your pets. So my suggestion is to kinda take a break and wait until the raid is over, then you can access the Haven again.

When you just catch pets, it starts off clean. All points are not allocated (it literally starts with 0 in everything and just the corresponding amount of level up points), so you're free to build whatever you want. I personally prefer my guide's builds, which involve tanks and glass cannons (in Pet Building part B).
Jaderain
Level 58
Threads: 18
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 9:50 AM Post #23
Yes. I currently have two pets. (the one in the middle and the one that hangs out in the top left of my screen)

And sorry, I worded the bandit raiding problem wrong. I meant to say I have no problem until it comes to the bosses. I use the bandit raids as an easy way to level my pets up, since they're more on par with me than when I'm just out and about exploring.

I also want to do this now, that way I dont have to worry about resetting everything later. I wanna get this done right the first time, so that there's no frustrating issues afterward. I want to work with the strengths my pets have so that everything will run smoother in the long run, which will make them more efficient fighter as well, since I dont have to go against what they do best.

And I noticed that when you catch a pet that they pretty much get a clean slate. I think that's pretty cool.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 6:11 PM Post #24
Ohh. Bosses tend to be tough, yeah.
I think that's when you'd want to look at buying some equipment that is of higher quality (like 3 purple pieces on your pets that's still a good level). Try going to the trade broker and looking for stuff that's your level.

That plan sounds good. o: Then build your middle to be a tank and the side to be a glass cannon. They are just gonna be pretty squishy at first, but it's a much more solid combo later on.
Jedi
Level 18
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 7:19 PM Post #25
Is says about battling against 2 enemies, what about battling 3 or more at once? What do we use then?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 9:08 PM Post #26
What do you mean?

There will be a time where you will need to have a party that is strong enough to handle more than 3 enemies in one battle. The only way you can do that is ensure your party has the right equipment and all points are allocated so that your pets are as strong as they can be.

In my illustrated guide, I have a diagram on how to fight multi-enemy battles somewhere after a few pictures, if that may help.
Jedi
Level 18
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 9:34 PM Post #27
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=258&page=3#26
Author: Flute
Time Posted: 6/30/2014 at 9:08 PM
What do you mean?

There will be a time where you will need to have a party that is strong enough to handle more than 3 enemies in one battle. The only way you can do that is ensure your party has the right equipment and all points are allocated so that your pets are as strong as they can be.

In my illustrated guide, I have a diagram on how to fight multi-enemy battles somewhere after a few pictures, if that may help.

I mean in your first post it only tells you what to do when your battling one or two baddies not 3 or more. And I can't figure out what items and stats my creatures need to defend said baddies.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 6/30/2014 at 11:07 PM Post #28
In my first post? I was meaning to tell Jaderain how to stat her own pets. Not fight any other pets.

Fighting 3 or more is just the same. There's nothing different, a fight is a fight.

You should equip your pets and set up their stats to be solid, your middle being mainly HP and the sides either mainly STR or INT. The guide I linked to her should help there.

Also, may I suggest picking a darker color for your font? I'm sorry, it's just that I have to highlight your text to see it on the white background.
Jedi
Level 18
Posted: 7/1/2014 at 3:35 AM Post #29
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=258&page=3#28
Author: Flute
Time Posted: 6/30/2014 at 11:07 PM
In my first post? I was meaning to tell Jaderain how to stat her own pets. Not fight any other pets.

Fighting 3 or more is just the same. There's nothing different, a fight is a fight.

You should equip your pets and set up their stats to be solid, your middle being mainly HP and the sides either mainly STR or INT. The guide I linked to her should help there.

Also, may I suggest picking a darker color for your font? I'm sorry, it's just that I have to highlight your text to see it on the white background.

Oh sorry my bad. Guess I read it wrong.

Yeah and that is where I have trouble as I followed the fight things to the letter and I still get killed off no matter what I do and it is only a level 15 quest.

I did all that and I still get killed off.

Sorry I am used to posting on forums with a darker background.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 7/1/2014 at 4:24 AM Post #30
I checked your pets' equipment, and they're all level 5. I suggest getting some level 15 gear, preferably of purple or blue quality. If you don't have any, you can check the trade broker.

Also, I'm not sure what damage your 'winged one' is trying to output, but I suggest either getting strength or intelligence higher. Fang Face has a higher strength stat than anything, try to do the same with winged one.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.