Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Sharing and Design Discussion > A couple of designs I need advice for
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Purpose
Level 64
Trickster
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/11/2023 at 2:09 AM Post #1
I have a couple of designs I need a hand with/feedback for.

The first is part of a colour variation of a breeding project I am working on. I have two ideas/designs for an Albino Barn Owl Zolnixi.
This one is more realistic

This one has more colour

I'm not too sure which to go for or if I should change some of the colours?

The next one is a Moon Garden Zolnixi. I made it today so I'm just not quite sure about it. I want to make it a breeding project after I finish with my Barn Owl Zolnixis

With advice from Eternalsilver
The blue makes it pop more. (I'm thinking if I make the butterflies a pink I could do a day version and a night version for this since I like both of the colours and I could make some of the colours warmer too)

This last one I would like people's opinions on is a Snowy Owl Zolnixi. Is there a way to improve on it or do you think it's already good enough to try a breeding project with later?

These next two I am quite happy with but am open to feedback with for one of them.
The Melanistic Barn Owl Zolnixi is one I haven't started so if there's any way I can improve it I'm definitely interested.

With the help of Elevinsins I redid the design for the melanistic barn owl zolnixi
It looks much more like a melanistic barn owl now and the contrasting colours look better too.

The regular Barn Owl Zolnixi project is already started but figured it might be good to show regardless
Edited By Purpose on 10/20/2023 at 1:11 AM.
Purpose
Level 64
Trickster
Posted: 10/11/2023 at 2:13 AM Post #2
This is for my references for my designs
Albino Barn Owl

Moon Garden Zolnixi

Snowy Owl Zolnixi

Melanistic Barn Owl

Regular Barn Owl
Edited By Purpose on 10/11/2023 at 2:15 AM.
Gravitas
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 10/11/2023 at 11:13 AM Post #3
Hmm, looking at the melanistic barn owl, I pulled it into the generator and came up with this.

The original for contrast:

My generator adventure:

Original inspiration image:

Edit: My general advice is to pull the image into a site that can pull hex codes, and see how even something that appears to be one color is really many. There's a lot of purple-ish tones to that owl, not just brown. And play with traits. I added G1 back stripes to my attempt which made the color underneath pop for the G2 fallow deer.
Edited By Elevensins on 10/11/2023 at 11:18 AM.
Purpose
Level 64
Trickster
Posted: 10/12/2023 at 1:01 AM Post #4
Thank you! I'll have more of a play around with it too with your advice.
Gravitas
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 10/12/2023 at 6:33 AM Post #5
Happy to help! Pet designing is a lot of fun. Hope you have a great time with it!
Eternalsilver
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 21
Posted: 10/14/2023 at 3:49 PM Post #6
Hi there! I just wanted to drop by and suggest a few edits, but please don't feel obligated to implement them--these are your designs and projects, after all :)

Something that is going to be really problematic once you start making the designs into projects is the color swing that's going to occur. I see that on some of your designs, there are color slots that are pure white, and it's rather difficult to get a color on an actual pet that is #FFFFFF. Additionally, the white could change into an unwanted hue, which would mess up your design. What I would suggest is to switch that white to something more saturated, with more color in it.

Now that that's out of the way, I think it would be really beneficial to your designs if there was a bit more variation in the color. Instead of having one shade and just adjusting the values, having multiple, cohesive hues will really improve a design! For example, let's take your Moon Garden Zolnixi:

The first change I made was to the eye color, and I switched that to a light blue. I thought it provided a bit more variety than all the greens, and it matches with the name--Moon Garden: (previous on left, edited on right)

I made a few more adjustments, and mainly just changed the color slots that were 100% white. I tossed some yellow in the mix to add a nice pop, but I understand if it doesn't completely go with the name/concept. :) I provided an example of some different traits on the right:

That's all I have time for right now, but I might edit this post later :D
Purpose
Level 64
Trickster
Posted: 10/14/2023 at 7:29 PM Post #7
Thank you! I agree that light blue makes the colours pop more. I'll change the white as well to a very pale blue. Thanks again!

Edit: I just loaded up the design again and all the pure white slots are ones that aren't used but thank you again for the information!
Edited By Purpose on 10/14/2023 at 9:05 PM.
Purpose
Level 64
Trickster
Posted: 10/14/2023 at 9:37 PM Post #8
Hi! So it took me a while and I'm still unsure but I was wondering what you think of this? I'm trying too keep the heart shaped face of the barn owl and slightly brighter colours too. I really like the contrast with the spots. I'm still unsure of the colours though. Do you think the colours work or do they clash a bit?

Or maybe
Edited By Purpose on 10/14/2023 at 9:42 PM.
Gravitas
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 10/15/2023 at 9:33 AM Post #9
Well, let's take a closer look at that owl. I went to coolors.co because it's the site I use to pull hex colors from photos and get color pallets from.

I did this pretty swiftly for this demo, I recommend taking a bit more time picking out the colors you want. But this is the pallet is gave me to work from.

Notice it's not really "brown" so much as very deep, dark purples and pinks.

So let's pull up the generator. Of course I'm only taking a few minutes to work on this, I usually take hours tweaking and recommend that until you get it exactly how /you/ want it.

These were the colors I picked, and again, this was rather hastily done as an example. See I followed the advice to fill in all the slots.

And the final product:

Edited By Elevensins on 10/15/2023 at 9:34 AM.
Purpose
Level 64
Trickster
Posted: 10/20/2023 at 1:05 AM Post #10
I played with it some more and I think I got it well this time. It's a breeding project so I'm keeping the unused colour slots blank so I don't get confused when I go to dye the pets. Thank you so much for your help! I think it looks much better than my original design especially with the use of the back stripes instead of ornate spangles.

This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.