Forum Index > General Discussion > Interest check: ranked pet rentals
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 7/2/2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1
I'm considering opening a pet rental service, but I don't want to put in the effort if nobody would even be interested, y'know? -w- Thus the existence of this thread.

The idea is to have several high-stat, fully-ranked pets available for people to rent. I haven't thought much about prices yet, but there would likely be daily or weekly fees, and they'd be cheaper than buying ranked pets outright. They could be used for things like contest boards and the ancient temple, or any other content that players are finding it difficult to beat with their own pets. Ideally there would be a range of species, levels, and elements for players to choose from.

(Equipment rentals are also a possibility, such as +5 stoneweave or primordial, although those can be expensive to make.)

If this is something you'd be interested in, please leave a comment below! ^^ If there are particular species/elements/etc. that would be useful to you, please mention those as well.

If several people would find this service useful, then I'll see about setting it up. If nobody is interested... then I won't waste my time on it, lol.

people who have expressed interest: Squeak (on discord - water, fire, or any teams for endgame bosses)
Edited By Somneli on 7/2/2023 at 12:03 PM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 7/2/2023 at 11:49 AM Post #2
i have had a rental serves since half way august 2017 and it don't get used much ^^'
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 7/2/2023 at 4:25 PM Post #3
I've actually been considering doing this for a while myself and have brought it up with Krin before too if anything but for the reason that some players don't have the time to rank/gear~ however, as it's really awkward to keep track of and send PM message guidelines concerning renting I'm waiting until the rental system gets hammered out. (I've had some pets fully ranked pets disappear with someone changing their name entirely and I lost the messages that I had sent for the rental- not super bugged by it but at the same time considering the amount of resources/effort that goes into it I'd rather wait and be safe.)

If anything, I know there's interest in it~ especially for 1.) players who might want to try out a team build but don't want to waste the time ranking it unless they know it works and 2.) specific events that are time sensitive that concern clearing out dungeons/LG areas. It is a lot of gold and work though. TwT
Edited By Imperium on 7/2/2023 at 4:26 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 7/2/2023 at 4:31 PM Post #4
Yeah, these are good points - if I did try this without an official rental system, I'd been planning to keep track of everything in a forum (so, can't lose track of PMs) and note down players' IDs as well as usernames to prevent issues with names changing. but. yeah. it would still be a lot of work. TwT

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.