Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:39 AM Post #1
Arena Guide

Some credit must be given to Luga's ancient guide, which got me started on the arena way back when. However, it's very out of date by this point, and it's not always very clear, either. So here's an updated one.

DIRECTORY
Team-Building, Rewards, and General Information: Coming Soon (Hopefully)

Level 25 Bracket
-Fire Eyes
-Stonewing
-Kimeira and Katalyst
-Oogar
-Malgron the Destroyer

Level 50 Bracket
-Plaguebringer
-Mamosa
-Ran'Tiki
-Team Sprocket
-Harpy Sisters

Endless Challenges: Coming Eventually (Maybe)
Edited By Somneli on 7/27/2023 at 8:43 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:39 AM Post #2
Team-Building, Rewards, and General Information [WIP]

General Tips

1. The higher your pets' stats, the easier things will be. My own Arena teams are max stat except for their mana. Non-max pets that still have high stats may be feasible as well.

2. Make sure that your pets are at the highest level for their Arena bracket (level 25 and level 50, respectively). Once they've reached the right level, use a Philter of Unlearning on them so that you can't accidentally over-level them. (Krin can reset pets' levels for you if you do make a mistake.)

3. For equipment, I personally recommend Mythical gear. They can be obtained from the Dungeons or via the Trade Broker. Legendary equips might work too if you can't get your hands on Mythical. Again, be sure that you're using the highest-level equips possible (25 and 50, depending on the bracket). You could also buy the Arena-specific equips if you really wanted to; see the Rewards section for more information on these.

4. Most of the time, the pet in the first party slot will take the most damage. You can swap pets around to help distribute the damage between them and stay alive for longer. You can also use Mend to heal your pets as needed. Certain times when you should NOT do these things will be mentioned in the tips for each fight; otherwise, feel free to swap and Mend as much as you'd like.

Rewards

Victory in each Arena fight will give you a certain number of Arena Marks, from just 1 for beating Fire Eyes all the way to 16 for defeating the Harpy Sisters.

You will also receive Gladiator's Purses - one per level 25 victory, and two per level 50 victory. These purses can be opened from your Inventory. They can contain small amounts of gold (approximately 500 to 1200 gold?) or anywhere from 4 to 12 more Arena Marks. To my knowledge, these are the only things the purses can drop. If any other rewards are available, then they are likely very, very rare.

Marks can be used in two shops, the Arena Shop and the Ny'vene Shop.

In the Arena Shop, you can purchase Gladiator's Purses, special avatar items, and special pieces of Arena equipment. I would NOT RECOMMEND purchasing the purses, as the cost in marks is higher than the marks I know purses can give. Research would need to be done to determine if store-bought purses have better rewards than the ones from winning a fight. As for the equipment, that's up to you - Mythical equips of the same level have comparable stats, offering slightly higher stats than the Arena equips in everything except Health and Mana. Note also that the Arena equips cannot be traded, so you won't be able to sell them to other users, and they have a 0 gold value when selling back to the site.

At the Ny'vene shop, you can purchase, well, Ny'venes. This is one of the only places in the entire game where Tamed venes can be acquired. (If you ever do purchase a vene from the shop, please consider making a note of how many marks you spent and how many trait points the vene ends up with! I might make a thread to keep track of this data at some point. You can also PM me or ping me here with any vene shop data.) Tamed vene eggs can also be purchased here with gold.
Edited By Somneli on 8/1/2023 at 9:12 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:39 AM Post #3
Fire Eyes

Begin by attacking him regularly. Watch for when he gains the Heat of the Moment buff (pictured below).

The first party pet needs to block for two turns, until Heat of the Moment disappears. (The other pets can continue attacking as normal.) Failure to block will result in your pet taking a heavy hit.

You can switch party pets around as needed to distribute the damage among them. If you need to use Mend to heal, just be sure to leave at least 20 mana on your center pet, so that they can block if Heat of the Moment shows up.
Edited By Somneli on 6/28/2023 at 8:35 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:39 AM Post #4
Stonewing

Begin by attacking normally. At the start of the second turn, one pet will receive the Gaze debuff.

The pet with the debuff must block. (The other pets can continue attacking as normal.) Failure to block Gaze will result in the affected pet being stunned and unable to take any actions for 9 turns.

You can switch pets around and use Mend as necessary to distribute the damage among them. Just always make sure that every pet has at least 10 mana available to block if they receive Gaze. Also keep in mind that being stunned prevents you from moving that pet to a different slot.
Edited By Somneli on 6/28/2023 at 8:35 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:39 AM Post #5
Kimeira and Katalyst

The first fight that requires you to take on two opponents at once. Kimeira is the tank; Katalyst is the glass cannon.

You should try to defeat Katalyst first, as he can deal more damage to your pets than Kimeira can. However, you need to keep an eye out for his Shield of Flame buff (pictured below).

While Shield of Flame is active, any pet who attacks Katalyst will have damage reflected back onto them instead. For the duration of the buff you should attack Kimeira instead. As soon as Shield of Flame ends, go back to attacking Katalyst.

Kimeira will regularly apply a Taunted debuff to one of your pets:

In my experience, the taunted pet is forced to attack Kimeira. However, another user claimed that their taunted pet was being forced to attack Katalyst while his Shield of Flame was up, and they had to block to keep their pet safe. If anyone has more input on why two different things seem to be happening to two different people because of this one debuff, please let me know.

Occasionally, Kimeira will also apply the Essence Sphere debuff to one of your pets (pictured below).

The pet with the debuff must block. (The other pets can continue attacking normally.) Failure to block will result in the pet's HP getting drained and Kimeira getting healed. Essence Sphere appears to be applied much more frequently after Katalyst has been defeated.

You can switch pets around to distribute the damage among them and use Mend as needed. Just be sure that your pets have at least 10 mana available at all times, so they can block if they receive Essence Sphere.
Edited By Somneli on 7/27/2023 at 8:30 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:39 AM Post #6
Oogar

Begin by attacking normally. Several turns in, Oogar will receive the Aiming buff (pictured below).

The first pet must use Quick Attack. (The other pets can continue attacking normally.) Failure to use Quick Attack will inflict a Hemorrhaging debuff that gradually drains your pet's HP.

The next turn after Aiming, Oogar will receive the Recovering debuff (pictured below).

Recovering decreases Oogar's mitigation and avoidance chance for one turn, which effectively increases the amount of damage your pets can inflict. If you have a lot of Mana stacked up you can use Finishing Blow here, or just continue attacking as normal.

You can switch around pets to distribute the damage between them and use Mend as needed. Oogar never requires any of your pets to block anything, so unless you want to use Finishing Blow, you can Mend freely in this fight.
Edited By Somneli on 6/27/2023 at 10:57 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:40 AM Post #7
Malgron the Destroyer

Malgron begins the fight with the Troll Skin buff (pictured below). This buff is permanent and restores a small amount of his HP every turn.

Malgron will occasionally stun one pet for one turn (pictured below). To my knowledge there is no good way to avoid or block this, and I don't know if it happens in any sort of pattern. Just keep an eye out for it.

Periodically Malgron will receive the Glisten buff (pictured below). The first pet must block. (The other pets can continue attacking as normal.) Failure to block will result in the first pet losing a massive chunk of their HP.

Once Malgron's HP drops below 30% or so, he will additionally receive the Berserk buff (pictured below). Like Troll Skin, this is a permanent buff. Berserk increases his quickness and his damage output.

Once Berserk is active, Glisten becomes much more dangerous (pictured below). When you see Glisten, the first pet must block, just as before. However, the very next turn, all three pets must block. There will be no buff or any indication to remind you of this; you just have to remember. Failure to block will cause each pet to be stunned for 3 turns. (The stun is applied independently for each pet, so if you forget to block with the whole party or if one pet just doesn't have enough mana or something, only the pets who fail to block will be stunned.)

Continue attacking as normal and blocking Glisten until Malgron is defeated. You can switch pets around (if they are not stunned) and use Mend as needed. However, you should always keep at least 10 mana available in the first phase and 20 in the second so that your pets can block Glisten.
Edited By Somneli on 6/27/2023 at 11:09 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:40 AM Post #8
Plaguebringer

(Please forgive her awkward appearance in battle; she suffered a little when the nyte revamp occurred.)

By far the easiest of the arena fights, in my opinion.

Plaguebringer will periodically inflict debuffs onto the center pet. Diseased and Raging Plague both deal damage each turn and slightly weaken your pets. Multiple stacks of the same debuff can exist at once.

She may also inflict Health Transfusion onto any pet, which deals damage and heals Plaguebringer each turn.

Plaguebringer never requires you to block anything, so you can use Mend and your pets' second attacks liberally in this fight. Switch pets around as needed if you think one is getting too many debuffs, and just keep attacking until Plaguebringer is defeated.
Edited By Somneli on 6/29/2023 at 8:57 AM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:40 AM Post #9
Mamosa

Begin by attacking normally. A few turns in, Mamosa will gain the Rear Up buff:

The first party pet must use Quick Attack. Failure to use Quick Attack will result in that pet getting the Bear Hug debuff (pictured below; it's essentially a stun) and taking immense damage every turn until the stun wears off.

Even if you successfully Quick Attack, the whole party will then receive the Piercing Howl debuff:

Piercing Howl decreases your pets' quickness. While the debuff is active, even using Quick Attack may not be enough to avoid getting Bear Hugged. My team has enough HP to survive the heavy hits, so as soon as Bear Hugged ends, I switch a pet with full HP into the center to tank the next Bear Hug while the injured pet has a chance to heal on the side. Other possibilities for dealing with this would be giving your team more Agility proficiency points and equipment to increase their quickness; however, I have not tested this, and switching proficiency points for just one fight is kind of a pain. Tanking the damage is easier in my opinion. However, your mileage may vary.
Edited By Somneli on 6/29/2023 at 10:18 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 6/27/2023 at 10:41 AM Post #10
Ran'Tiki

Do NOT use Mend or your second attacks at the beginning of this fight. You must spend the first several turns attacking to building up your mana.

Ran'Tiki starts the fight with the Precision buff, which increases its accuracy and critical hit chance. This buff will increase throughout the fight.

Several turns in, one pet will receive the Mark of Ran'Tiki:

This debuff lasts longer than the 1 turn its popup description claims. The Marked pet must block every turn until the debuff goes away. Failure to block will result in a Hemorrhaging debuff, which drains the pet's health and can stack for each turn you do not block.

Once the Mark goes away, your pets will start receiving Winded debuffs:

This debuff gradually drains their mana and decreases their chance to avoid incoming attacks.

You must be careful when you choose to Mend or use your second attacks in this fight, since you need to keep enough mana to block against the Mark. Only one pet can be Marked at any given time, so when one pet gets the Mark, the other two can heal as needed and then start rebuilding their mana again.
Edited By Somneli on 6/28/2023 at 8:50 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.