Forum Index > Arena Discussion > Luga's Arena Step by Step Guide
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:55 AM Post #1
There are many guides about how to beat certain bosses in the "Arena Discussion" forum but for some reason some players are still having a hard time beating those arena bosses so I decide to write an arena guide to help them getting the Adept Gladiator title.

Index
I. Introduction
II. What Elements Should I Choose?
III. Team Build
IV. Useful Arena Tips
V. Boss Guide
- Lvl 25 Brackets
- Lvl 50 brackets
- Lvl 75 Brackets
- Lvl 100 Brackets
- Lvl 125 Brackets
- Lvl 150 Brackets
- Lvl 175 Brackets
- Lvl 200 Brackets
- Lvl 225 Brackets
- Lvl 250 Brackets
Edited By Luga on 6/19/2015 at 11:24 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2
I. Introduction
Arena is a feature in Sylestia where you can battle bosses with certain level pets. The arena is located in the third region: Ethernia.

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/19/2015 at 11:26 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:55 AM Post #3
II. What Elements Should I Choose? (You can ignore this part if you like)
There are 6 elements you can choose; Earth, Water, Wind, Fire, Light, and Shadow.
Let me write what I think about these element.
Earth is needless to say is the worst element to choose. The first skill only let your pets have a chance to become opponents' target and the second skill only increase that chance to 100%.
Water is quite a good element to choose as you can have a chance to have a buff that can absorb 20% of physical damage you received. Unfortunately, the buff can be disabled by stun so it's better not to use this element against Malgron and Team Sprocket.
Wind is the second best element to choose because it has a chance to stack damage.
Fire isn't a wise choice to choose because most of the time you're only fight one boss so the first skill isn't really useful.
Light isn't really a good element to choose because the first skill only has a chance to heal all your pets 10% of the damage dealt and the second skill only increase that chance to 100% but using your precious mana which you need to block bosses' skills in order to use.
Shadow is the best element to choose because it has a chance to stack damage like wind element does and heal your pet 25% of the damage dealt like light element does which wind element doesn't have. This is also the element I'll use in this guide.

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/19/2015 at 11:26 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:55 AM Post #4
III. Team Build
There are various builds you can use to beat the arena bosses but these two are the ones that work the best for me.
* Shadow All HP (put all yours stats and proficiency points into HP): recommended for players who don't have high stat pets.
* Shadow All Agi (put all yours stats and proficiency points into agility): recommended for players who have max stat pets + almost/full HP and complete mythical gears.

Extra note: Air, Earth, and Water are physical based proficiency, while Shadow, Light, and Fire is magical based proficiency so don't forget to use magical damage relic as well. I used to use physical damage relic on one of my shadow arena pets. I was wondering why one of my pets dealt much more damage than the other one of my shadow pets even though their stats are almost the same and it's turned out I use wrong damage relic to one of my pets. So make sure you don't repeat my mistake and equipping magical damage relic on your shadow pets.

The most important stats in order.
1. HP and Agility (to survive longer)
2. Intelligence (to deal some more damage and increase a bit of your magic defense)
3. Dexterity (to increase your chance to critical hit and your accuracy)
4. Strength (to increase a bit of your physical defense)
So if you want to buy gears, make sure you only buy gears that increase your Agility and Intelligence or Agility and Dexterity.

What pets should I use?
Pets that have at least 40 all base stats and 400 HP. It's okay if your pets have 2 or 3 less stats. There are many cheap Ny'venes that meet this stats requirement you can buy using advanced search.

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/19/2015 at 7:18 PM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #5
IV. Useful Arena Tips
1. Remember to always move your highest HP pet in the middle so they can share received damage.
2. You can reset your pets' move by reload the page or click on the pet you want change the move.
3. Focus! One mistake is enough to bring your defeat (assuming you don't have good enough gears and low stat pets).

Feel free to add any tips you have.

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/19/2015 at 11:27 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #6
V. Boss Guide

Lvl 25 Brackets

1. Fire Eyes
Difficulty Level: 1 out of 5
Recommended stats: Shadow All HP
Recommended gears: Lvl 25 rare or above gears
How to beat it:
- When Fire eyes casts "Heat of the Moment" (the icon below Fire Eyes' HP), order your middle pet to block. The second turn of the Heat of the Moment hits all your pets but you don't need to block that because it doesn't deal much damage. it's better to spend your turn to attack him instead.
- Heal your pets with mend once your pets' HP drop below 75%. Make sure you have at least 35 mana so you still have mana to block just in case Fire Eyes casts "Heat of the Moment" in next turn and he isn't casting "Heat of the Moment".
- Rinse and repeat.

2. Stonewing
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5
Recommended gears: Lvl 25 rare or above gears
How to beat it:
- In turn 1, use "Focused Attack" (hotkey a) instead of "Force" (hotkey 1) to avoid attack miss. You need 10 mana in order "Block" (hotkey B) to be effective.
- In turn 2 and every 3 turns after that, Stonewing will cast "Gaze" to one of your pet so order the marked pet to block or it will get stunned for 10 turns. If you want to use finishing blow, make sure you use it after you block his "Gaze".
- Heal your pets with mend once your pets' HP drop below 75%. Make sure you have at least 35 mana so you still have mana to block just in case Stonewing casts "Gaze" in next turn and he isn't casting gaze to one of your pets.
- Rinse and repeat.

3. Kimeira and Katalyst
Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5
Recommended gears: Lvl 25 legendary or above gears
How to beat them:
- Beat Katalyst first.
- After Katalyst casts Flame Shield on himself, ignore him and attack Kimeira instead. Once number on the Flame Shield icon down to 1, attack Katalyst again.
- Use your finishing blow to Katalyst but don't use your finishing blow until Kimeira casts "Essence of Purple" to one of your pets so you have enough mana to block it.
- If you want to heal your pets, make sure you heal them when Katalyst's Flame Shield is up so you don't waste your turn. Also, make sure you have at least 35 mana so you still have mana to block just in case Kimeira casts "Essence of Sphere" in next turn and her isn't casting Essence of Sphere to one of your pets.
- Rinse and repeat.

4. Oogar
Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5
Stats needed: 35 quickness or above to avoid Oogar's "Aiming" skill.For every one point of either Agility or Dexterity you get 0.10 point of quickness. If you don't have enough quickness you can also reset your stats (resetting stats is cheaper than resetting proficiency points) and dump some into agility (the rest still into health) until your pets have 35 quickness. That's what I did.
Recommended stats: Shadow 35 quickness All HP
How to beat it:
- When Oogar casts "Aiming", use quick attack to avoid his attack.
- Heal your pets with mend once your pets' HP drop below 75% but make sure you you don't heal your pets when Oogar is casting "Aiming".
- Rinse and repeat.

5. Malgron the Destroyer
Difficulty Level: 5 out of 5
Recommended stats: Shadow All HP (If you dump your stats into agility to get your pet 35 quickness in previous fight, dump all those stats back into HP)
Special Note: Malgron will enter his 2nd phase after his HP drop below 30% so always pay attention to his HP.
How to beat it:
1st phase (equal or above 30% HP):
- When Malgron cast "Glisten", order your middle pet to block.
- Heal your pets with mend once your pets' HP drop below 75%. Make sure you have at least 35 mana so you still have mana to block just in case Malgron casts "Glisten" in next turn and he isn't casting gaze to one of your pets.
2nd phase (below 30% HP):
- Once he enter his 2nd phase, he will gain "Berserk" buff that will increase his physical damage, magical damage, and quickness by 50% that will last until the battle is over.
- After Malgron enter his 2nd phase, his "Glisten" skill will last 2 turn but in the 2nd turn, it will attack all your pets instead of just your middle pet (don't be deceived by the Glisten icon that's not appear on the next turn). So when he casts "Glisten", first you need to order your middle pet to block, and in the next turn you need to order all your pets to block.
- If you want to use finishing blows, wait until his HP drop below 10%. You don't want to get messed up just because your pets mana are insufficient to block, do you?

Congratulations, you are now one of the Aspiring Gladiators!

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/24/2015 at 5:28 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #7
Lvl 50 Brackets

1. Plaguebringer
Difficulty Level: 4 out of 5
Recommended stats: Middle pet = Shadow All HP, Other pets = Shadow All INT
Recommended gears: Lvl 50 legendary or above gears
How to beat it:
- Heal your pets with mend once your pets' HP drop below 75%.
- Once your middle pet (tanker) get 3 Raging Plague icons, change his place with one of your pets that has the most HP.
- Wait until your pets almost die (2-3 turns before you think your pet will die. Don't wait until 1 turn because buffs and debuffs are calculated at the beginning of every turn) before using finishing blow so they can deal more damage to Plaguebringer thanks to his damage buff.
- Rinse and repeat
Please remember that sometimes Plaguebringer will drain your tank's HP instead of your middle pet's HP. If that happens you will most likely lose unless you have pets
with better stats and gears.

2. Mamosa
Recommended stats: Your middle pet need to have 24% avoidance chance or above to avoid "Bear Hug" completely. If your equipment can't get you enough avoidance chance you can dump some stats into agility too. You only need to reset your middle pet's stats (not proficiency point) and you only need to dump just enough agility to increase your avoidance chance, let the remaining stats unspent.
Recommended gears: Lvl 50 legendary or above gears. (I think epic gears would be enough but what's the point to equip weaker gears if you already have stronger gears?)
How to beat it:
- In turn 4 and every 5 turn after that Mamosa will cast "Bear Hug" so make sure you order your middle pet to use quick attack when it's coming.
- Heal whenever needed (I don't think you need to heal though)
- Rinse and repeat

3. Ran'Tiki
Difficulty Level: 4 out of 5
Recommended stats: Shadow All HP (reset all your pets' stats and proficiency points to Shadow All HP)
Recommended gears: Lvl 50 legendary or above gears
How to beat it:
- In turn 6, Ran'Tiki will cast "Marked" to one of your pets (usually your middle pet) that will last 6 turns, so instead of using "Force" (hotkey 1) use "Focused Attack" (hotkey a) to attack Ran'Tiki so you can accumulate enough mana to block his "marked" skill completely. After that, you can use "Force" (hotkey 1) again.
- Don't use finishing blow until Ran'Tiki's HP drop below 10% because you need a lot of mana to block his marked skill.
- Heal your pets with mend once your pets' HP drop below 75% but make sure you have at least 85 mana before you use it and Ran'Tiki isn't casting "Marked" skill to your pet.
- Rinse and repeat

4. Team Sprocket
Difficulty Level: 5 out of 5
Recommended gears: Lvl 50 arena gears or lvl 50 mythical gears (revenant gears are the best choice)
How to beat it:
- Beat them in this order Zibby -> Znogg -> Zeb.
- After some turns, Zibby will cast "Channeling" (blue X icon) so make sure you order all your pet to block when it's coming or your pets will receive some damage + get stunned for 3 turns.
- Occasionally, Znogg will cast "Shielded" to one of his friends who has the lowest HP but you don't need to worry about it because it's basically just reflect 75% of the incoming damage to Znogg, you won't receive any damage even if you attack the boss.
- After his HP drop below 40%, Zibby will cast "Shield of Lightning" that will deal 675-900 magical damage to the attacker so attack the other bosses (I recommend attack Znogg) until his "Shield of Lightning" buff disappear.
- Heal whenever possible but don't heal when Zibby is casting "Channeling"
- If you want to use finishing blow, make sure you use it after you block the "channeling" (blue X icon) skill and they don't have "Symbol of Mordeki" buffs.
- Rinse and repeat

5. Harpy Sisters
Recommended gears: Lvl 50 arena gears or lvl 50 mythical gears (revenant gears are the best choice)
How to beat it:
- Just ignore the Radiating Heat skill that will freeze your middle pet if you don't move your pet to the middle position, it won't do much damage anyway so it's better to keep attacking.
- You need the other boss to remove debuff the other boss cast to your pets so don't beat them one by one like what you did to Team Sprocket. What I usually do is leave Nova alone after I reduce her HP below 10% and start attacking Freya. After I beat Freya, I use my finishing blow to finish Nova.
- Heal whenever needed ( I don't think you need to heal though)

Congratulations, you are now one of the Adept Gladiators!

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/24/2015 at 5:30 AM.
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #8
Lvl 75 Brackets

Back to Index
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #9
Lvl 100 Brackets

Back to Index
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 6/19/2015 at 10:56 AM Post #10
Lvl 125 Brackets

Back to Index
Edited By Luga on 6/19/2015 at 7:19 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.