Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplaying > heart like a hand grenade | PRP
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jie
Level 72
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/17/2023 at 9:49 PM Post #21
(Dropped a favorite, the cats are great <3 Ooh, you bet I'm excited for Kyong's bio!)

The man feels like confidence, his hand firm around Theodore's. They shake, and Theodore keeps his eyes focused even as he picks at the scent, noting the presence of hormones that signify the other's alertness and fitness, the undertones of something soft, relaxed, and amused, the faint floral scent of soap. There is nothing desperate, nothing wanting, just cool, calm control.

It wouldn't be Theodore's first choice for recruitment, but its something he can work with, if he needs. People in control don't need protection, or hope, or comfort, but they're the type he can pull with the allure of wealth.

Of course, that's given that he would choose to recruit Kyong. The Schwartz Lions don't make offers lightly, especially not to strangers in the dark with uncertified skills. Still, the flash of his eyes in the dark--silver and a little too bright--draws Theodore's attention, and he asks, "Do you use contacts, Kyong?" His shoulder raises in an easy shrug, and he continues, "I've never seen silver eyes before, so I admit that I curious where you got them from."

And if that's because they seems like a possibility for tracking the Silver Killer, than no one needs to know. Certainly not the man in front of him, at least. Given that he doesn't seem prone to words, Theodore doesn't think that'll be a problem.

Abraham seems to be picking on different tells though--or missing them--because the well-built man shifts into a ready stance even as his head dips down in a nod.

"Abraham," he introduces, "and I'm glad that you two are hitting it off, though we wouldn't want to hold you off of returning to your family?" His inflection raises, ending the statement off as an inquiry. In the back of his mind, Theodore notes that this is true for Abraham at least, with his wife and two young daughters.
Edited By Jie on 8/9/2023 at 11:52 AM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 115
Posted: 5/18/2023 at 6:21 PM Post #22
(It's finally done! Here's Kyong's finished bio! There's a few images I still need to draw, but after that It'll be fully complete!)

-------

As he listened to the question Theodore gave him, he thought about it for a moment. He could lie, and say they were contacts, or he could just tell him that it was just how his eyes looked. He ended up deciding on the second one, putting his free hand up to his face. "They're real. I don't really know how they ended up silver." His parents had green and blue eyes, and he actually used to have blue eyes. But once his power took over for the first time, they had changed to silver, and always had an odd gleam in them.

Despite this, he decided to act like they were natural. They were, to an extent, if his magic could even be considered natural. To him, his eyes were a constant reminder of what he'd caused, and how his magic was probably never going to go away.

He looked towards the ground as the other man, Abraham, spoke, bringing his hand away from Theodore's. He gave a sort of chuckle at his comment. "Well, I don't have any family, though, you two are free to leave if you desire."

He held his hand in front of him, watching as the raindrops collected and formed a small pool, which he then dumped onto the ground away from the two.

"I'll be around here, if you ever desire to see me again. I may look... Different... Sometimes, but no matter. You'll be able to recognize me from my voice. And eyes, I guess." Kyong's voice was quite deep, almost menacing, in a way.

He'd probably meet these two again as the Silver Killer, but it didn't matter much to him. If they found out, who cares? He'd just figure out a way to either make them forget, or simply kill them. Either worked for him.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/18/2023 at 9:56 PM Post #23
(I'm fangirling! The art you drew of Kyong looks great. The one in the circle frame might be my favorite, but the others are amazing as well. The rose theme hits hard too haha.)

Something like oil settles in his stomach--cold, slick, and sickly--as the other's voice drops. The insinuation doesn't go unnoticed by either Theodore or Abraham, though its safe to say that neither of them quite understand it either. What they do sense is the outline of something dangerous, something deadly, though the smoke and mirrors of the outsider's farewell, and they don't like it.

Still, they hide the unease well, born of years spent on the streets and in the Lions. Abraham does it with another nod, and the words, "We bid you well, then."

Theodore, though, tips his head in pensive thought. "I've seen stranger things than silver eyes," he says, his own meeting Kyong's in a curious gaze. "Some of the people here aren't too accepting, though I like to think that the majority wouldn't care for the color of your eyes, nor whatever other secrets their neighbors are hiding."

It's unwise to wear disdain for the supernatural so openly on your sleeve when the rumors surrounding the man running the show call him more ghost than man, after all. Of course, that's assuming that silver isn't a natural eye color. For all that Theodore knows, it could be.

Either way, he's quite sure that he'll remember the other when they meet again, though not by anything so inane as his voice nor eyes. Kyong's scent prickles at the edges of Theodore's memory, and though other scents may slip from his memory, the undercurrents of a cool night breeze are unique enough that Kyong's is impossible to forget.

"G'night, Kyong. It was a pleasure."

The two stroll away, continuing down the alley as they were before. Perhaps the Silver Killer will strike again tonight, and if he does, they'll be none the wiser to the identity of the man they let slip through the cracks.
Edited By Jie on 8/9/2023 at 12:04 PM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/20/2023 at 12:13 PM Post #24
(Thanks! The drawings were the reason it took so long to make XD)

"Right, see you whenever." He gave a wave and a dip of the head as he watched the two walk away, noticing that the rain was finally dying down. He gave a small smile, making sure the two were gone before using a dumpster to climb onto the roof of one of the buildings, quite easily for him.

As he felt the cold wind, he fished a spray bottle of blonde hair dye out of his pocket, which he, very conveniently, had on hand most of the time. He sprayed it over his hair, making sure it covered his black hair. After that, he grabbed a black mask out of the same pocket, putting it over his nose and mouth.

He looked off the front of the building, watching as people walked by. Some people noticed him standing on the roof and started panicking, while others pulled out their phones to take pictures. It was surprising how many people valued the internet over their own life's sometimes. No matter to him, though. If they wanted to take pictures of him and get a good spiel on their stories rather than running so they don't get killed, so be it?

He jumped down, quickly running across the street and following a random civillian into another alleyway. His magic would probably take control for a minute or so, which he didn't mind that much at this point. It'd been happening for 12 years now, there was no way he could fight it.

As the power did take control, it shot a black tendril out of Kyong's hand, stabbing through the heart of the victim that was trying to get away. The magic left control as quickly as it took it, the Silver Killer walking up to the body and inspected it. It was a pretty clean kill, surprisingly. He grabbed a wallet out of the victim's pocket, going through it.

To his disappointment, there was only random cards that he had no use for. He tossed the wallet to the side, and walked to the front of the alley, listening for the sirens that always followed his footsteps as the Silver Killer.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/20/2023 at 9:48 PM Post #25
The news of the latest kill comes as Theodore is wrapping up negotiations with the men who have been troubling his runners. Cold water is running over his hands, its chill washing away the taste of metal.

Then a shadow appears in the doorway, and he looks up; a silent question despite the stillness of his expression.

"Figured you'd wanna know that the Silver Killer appeared in our area."

Theodore does. He likes being up to date on information, likes knowing who's toes he's stepping on when he pushes the Lion's boundaries and knowing who's carrying what when he's walking into confrontations.

Knowing doesn't always mean acting, but in this case Theodore finds himself slipping through the streets in the messenger's wake, the man navigating with the ease of a native, born and raised. The remnants of adrenaline is his system is enough to keep him awake during the run, but he's tired and weariness is blurring the edges of his vision.

For his efforts though, Theodore is rewarded with the sight of blond hair and a black mask, the figure too far to make out his signature silver eyes. The sirens are on the edge of his hearing, but they get louder with each passing second.

"2 AM, Wednesday," he calls out, a safe distance away and his hands in his pockets. "Alkon Cove." It's easy enough to scout out, peaks of exposed rock along the shoreline. Safe enough for the both of them.

The whine grows, and the shadow vanishes. Theodore wonders if he'll show.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/21/2023 at 1:33 PM Post #26
He stared at his hands for a while, before looking back at the body. He didn't know who they were, he simply targeted them since they went into a more secluded area, where his powers wouldn't be seen as much.

The Silver Killer stared at the body for around a minute or so, before noting a presence, and turning to see a familiar face. Theodore, from earlier. He listened as he stated the time and a name, presumably of the person he just killed.

He gave a scoff, tilting his head to the side with an unfaltering stare. "What, have you been keeping track of my kills or something?" His voice lingered in the air for a few seconds, deep and menacing.

He took a few steps forward towards Theodore, stopping still pretty far away. He had the same clothes on as before, but also had the mask with it.

Kyong wasn't planning on killing Theodore right now, if at all, since his powers had retreated for the time being, but he was not above using his powers to make the other forget this conversation ever happened, if needed.

Either way, he wasn't too worried about it. If his identity got out, he'd move away. Mostly to protect Jang Mi and Ye-Bin, his two cats. Then again, he wouldn't be surprised if anywhere he went he was known. If it did end up like that, he could simply move somewhere where nobody else lives. Modern problems require modern solutions.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/21/2023 at 9:21 PM Post #27
Theodore was wrong. The man didn't flee the scene, he came closer.

A shift in the shadows obscures the other as he moves, and then they shift, and Theodore can make out the outline of the figure who's moved a few feet forward. The hand in his pocket tightens around a textured grip, ready to draw and fire, but the Killer seems content to stay there. Waiting.

And though Theodore can't quite gauge why he's intrigued enough to ask the question, he responds. "Everyone's tracking you," he says, voice smooth for all of his tension. "I just happened to hear the news a little faster than most this time."

Carefully, body poised and ready to react, he adds in a drawl, "And I happen to be more interested in your survival than most. Consider the date, show or don't. For now though, its in both of our best interests not to be found at the scene, hm?"

And I don't trust you enough to turn my back to you.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/25/2023 at 10:56 AM Post #28
He noticed that Theodore was ready for him if Kyong came at him, noting Theodore's hands in his pockets, where he could pull something out to attack. He stayed where he was, watching his movements to make sure he didn't shoot at him or something.

"In your best interests, yes. Me? I like being at the scene. The police give a good chase. You might want to get out of here though, if they find you alive with me still around, they'll take you in for questioning, no doubt." He didn't plan on killing this man. If anything, he wanted to keep him alive. He was obviously experienced, and could be a useful ally for the Silver Killer in the future, near or not.

Either way, it was probably best that Theodore left the Silver Killer to his kill, at least in Kyong's perspective. If the other was caught at the scene, alive, he'd be taken in, unless he knows how to escape like Kyong. He wouldn't put it past Theodore.

On that note, Kyong turned back to the body. If Theodore did end up taking a gun out and shooting, he could grab the gun with his magic, and probably dodge or deflect the bullet, depending on where it's aimed. If Theodore tried to stab him, that'd just be an easy win for him, since he excels in close combat.

Kyong was thinking too far into the future, neither of those would probably happen, but if they did, he was prepared. He liked thinking ahead just in case, it always gave him more time to react when things do actually happen, and has saved his life multiple times.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/25/2023 at 8:37 PM Post #29
Theodore is not a man that the police take in for questioning, but he follows the man's advice and disengages anyways as the Killer turns away.

His steps echo across the concrete, brisk, and the messenger rejoins him a street later. Curiosity is written across the other's face, but Theodore continues towards his destination, slowing down to an unhurried pace after he's opened some distance. He stays quiet, even as he begins a few deceptive maneuvers, looping around and dashing through alleyways to throw off any possible pursuers as he keeps his eyes on the skyline.

Taking his watchfulness as a hint, helped by a quiet, "keep your wits," the other man plays his part before separating in the final stretch.

The apartment complex that Theodore arrives at is unassuming given his wealth, but he thinks that he'd much prefer a Lion's hideout to his own home given the circumstances. Painted plaster rises around him as he steps inside, and a few bright bulbs hang overhead as he makes it towards the elevator.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/5/2023 at 3:24 AM Post #30
(Super sorry about the delay! I was blocked off of Sylestia for a while, but I'm back now! Honestly I might do a redesign of Kyong soon as well, as long as new images for Jang Mi and Ye-bin.)

Kyong was getting bored of waiting for the police. They usually came to him quick, but they were taking their sweet time tonight. He sighed, walking away from the body and climbing onto a nearby roof.

Pulling a water bottle from a bottle holder on his belt, he took his mask off, pouring the water over his head. It easily washed the dye out, as it always did. He shook his head slightly to get rid of some of the water before jumping down from the roof and walking away from the panicked crowd that was surrounding the alleyway now.

He didn't want to walk all the way back to his house, so he slipped into another alleyway, mumbling to himself before putting one of his hands out and letting his magic shoot out. It wrapped around himself before dropping him on the porch of his house. At least his magic was useful for a few things.

As he unlocked the door, he was greeted by a orange and white cat jumping onto his leg. Smiling, he picked up the cat and shut the door behind him, walking over to the couch and setting him down.

A petite meow sounded from under the couch, and a color point cat made her way out. Kyong smiled, these were his 'family'.
Edited By Marionettez on 8/5/2023 at 3:25 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.