Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplaying > heart like a hand grenade | PRP
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jie
Level 72
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/15/2023 at 7:10 PM Post #11
Sure! Would you mind me asking about the Silver Killer's style? Also, I love the art you've done for him, especially the detail you've put into his hair!
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 115
Posted: 5/15/2023 at 7:24 PM Post #12
Thanks! Also, by style, do you mean like, how he kills? Or something else?
Edited By Marionettez on 5/15/2023 at 7:25 PM.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/15/2023 at 7:26 PM Post #13
Yep, I meant how he kills. Is it people who are alone/in a group, what does he kill them with, etc? :0

It's fair if you haven't decided yet haha.
Edited By Jie on 5/15/2023 at 7:26 PM.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/15/2023 at 7:32 PM Post #14
I actually decided on this like- about an hour ago while I'm making a new Toyhouse bio for him :D

He usually targets a singular person, but he could kill multiple if he desired. He actually uses his magic to kill, most of the time. He has black tendrils that will come out of his hand and stab the victim. Though, since his magic takes control when he kills, he doesn't actually know how he kills when he's normal, as it's like he blacks out during these phases.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/15/2023 at 9:34 PM Post #15
(Hope this is fine!)

Soft rain platters against slick streets, leaving the sky grey and the streets dark. With the darkness comes an absence of people, leaving Theodore and Abraham standing alone as they wait for the pedestrian light, slender fingers drumming along the edge of former's thigh as he thinks.

His second-in-command looms over him, but though his expression is sharp and serious, Theodore reads a shade of amusement lurking underneath his stony demeanor. Still, Abraham doesn't pry, well used to his habits; Theodore has a reputation for being a menacing man when his musings are interrupted. In this situation though, he chooses to share his thoughts, secondary ideas that they are.

"The Silver Killer has been bothering the gangs in the Landing recently," he offers, slow and meandering. "His murders are keeping everyone with any shred of paranoia indoors. He's slowing down their business."

The light changes to white, and Theodore crosses the walkway, Abraham matching his stride. The other's eyebrow is raised in response to the topic--Theodore rarely acknowledges any of the sensational news sweeping the across the city--but he seems interested nevertheless.

"The Killer's moving towards our terf though," he continues, winding his way through the alleyways of the residential streets, "and that's inconvenient. Much better if he stays on the other side of the city."

What he says next is said a single step below his normal timbre. "I've been looking into his cases, at least what's been released on them anyways." And, really, everyone that's someone knows that Theodore has contacts; he knows more than what's been released.

"The Silver Killer targets lone individuals, often in the dead of night in busy locations. He likes being seen afterwards, likes the chase."

Theodore stops there, still working on the final piece of the puzzle. Abraham however responds, brow furrowed. "You want to... contact him?"

A slight dip of the head; an acknowledgement of a half-conceived idea, still possibly changed.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/16/2023 at 10:35 AM Post #16
(I like it!)

A young man with dark hair and silver eyes was walking down the street, ignoring the rain that was making his clothes wet. Kyong Yun, otherwise known as the Silver Killer. He didn't like killing in the rain, since it usually washed the dye out of his hair, but he did like walking in it. It was the peaceful time he got.

He didn't care much for what happened when his magic took over, all that he knew was it liked to kill people. This didn't bother him at all, and he liked to stay in the area he killed, just for the thrill of the police chasing him down.

But, while he wasn't the Silver Killer everyone knew and was afraid of, he was a normal man. Kyong Yun. He'd go to shops and do anything a normal person would do. How nobody knew his identity? It was surprising, but a mask and some hair dye do the trick pretty well. It was pretty much his only way of still being able to live normally.

He didn't care much what the media thought of what he did. Some say he's the weirdest serial killer ever, others say he does it and stays where he kills for the fame, and so everyone knows that he's the one that did it.
Kyong never downloaded any social media platforms, since there would probably be a ton of people pretending to be him anyways. It's what people did in this type of society.

Despite this, he still did what he did. It's not like there was anything he could do to stop his magic, it was a part of him. And since he worked alone, there was no risk of his identity getting out.

He turned into a alleyway, black tendrils coming out of his hand. He picked up a can with the magic, and crushed it. Despite having his magic for over 10 years, he didn't understand it. But he was stuck with it, so he didn't really care.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/16/2023 at 8:46 PM Post #17
(Thanks, I love your writing as well! Kyong's inner commentary about what others think of his persona is a lot of fun to read.)

-- -- --

The duo lapse into silence as they walk the streets, stepping over rivets of water that rush downhill, storm drains too small to keep up with the deluge. It's as they're approaching an alleyway that Theodore speaks again, saying, "The information isn't enough; they'd have caught him already if it was. Still, seeing as he's still too far to impact our business, It'd be helpful if he could last a little longer."

They enter the cramped streets, boots protecting their feet from the worst of the weather, and he ends his explanation. The rest will have to wait for later, though Theodore has inklings of ideas that he's prepared to slowly set into motion after a little more consideration. A web woven wide, ready to catch to trails that the law enforcement and his counterparts have missed. Everyone needs food after all.

Theodore's head lifts as he turns the corner to the sight of a crushed can ricocheting by, crashing into a garbage bin in a discordant clang. A tall, dark-haired man stands in the shadows, eyes melting in with the black backdrop. Theodore's lips part.

"You should head home," he drawls, Southern accent hanging heavy in the air. "Just because we don't have the Killer roaming these streets at night, doesn't mean that we don't have anything worse."

His head tips back, chin jutting outward to gesture towards the exit, where a single lonely light waits on the other side of the alley. Abraham stands beside him, hands resting in his pockets and quietly amused again, not nearly as sensitive to perceived insults as Theodore.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/16/2023 at 9:15 PM Post #18
(Thanks! Fyi, I'm currently remaking Kyong's bio with a HTML, since his old one was kind of boring ^^
He has two cats :>)

--------

Kyong threw the can down and watched as it rolled to the side and hit a trashbin. The black tendrils retreated into his hand as he noticed two men walk into the alleyway, their identity hidden by the shadows that bounced off the walls. As he listened to the other speak, he gave out a humorless chuckle, his unfaltering glare hidden by the darkness.

"Is that a threat? If so, I'm not scared. What could possibly be worse than the infamous Silver Killer?" He didn't really think highly of himself, but he knew he was deadly, from the fact that nobody has escaped from his magic thus far. It was amusing, in his opinion. He himself was being mentioned, as if he wasn't there.

His silver eyes were locked on the two in front of him, in case they tried anything. The two were obviously well-built, and probably knew how to fight. Either way, he stood there, watching in anticipation.

While not as notable in the shadows, his figure was completely relaxed. He knew, even if these men were killers like him, he could easily get away or fight back. It's what he'd done for years, and how he'd got this far without being caught. He'd have trouble, sure, but he'd eventually get away, one way or another. Whether it resulted in a death or two wasn't his concern.

If anything, the optimal solution to get away was to climb to the rooftops, since most couldn't follow him up there. He's tried it multiple times with the police, and it worked every time for him. Well, anything he tried worked, since he hadn't been caught yet. But he was thinking too far into the future. He listened to what the people in front of him had to say.
Jie
Level 72
Posted: 5/16/2023 at 10:32 PM Post #19
(He has cats?? Somehow, I really wasn't expecting that haha. I just assumed that Kyong seemed like the type to just live on the streets, even though he had a nice wardrobe. Excited to see that new CS then. I have no experience with HTML, so it took me a while to find something, but I wish you better luck!)

-- -- --

Theodore's face is neutral as the other's response echoes off of the alley walls. That's dangerous, especially as the silence drags on, second after second. Finally, apropos of nothing he says, "You're new here, aren't you?" It's more statement than question, and the slight raise of an eyebrow along with the amusement ringing clear in his voice makes it clear that an answer contrary to his expectations will lead him label the other as a fool.

"Even with as many kills as the cops assign him--and I'm sure they're missing a few--the Killer has done a lot less damage than kids with shivs," he explains. Crime rates are high around here, serial killer or not. "So I'd say that misfortune is a good deal worse."

That and himself, which Theodore sets out to prove as he steps forward, moving towards the other with slow, certain steps. Crowding his space, but in a manner that sought to avoid startling him.

When his hand rises, its empty, extended in an offer to shake.

"Name's Theodore," he says with a slight nod, "and I'd say that it's a pleasure, but it's hard to find anything of the sort around here: in the dark with a stranger. Especially while it's raining."

As he speaks, his eyes rove over the other's form. There's something interesting to be found in his confidence, and Theodore has made a habit of recruiting those he comes across, as members or not. There's many talents that he can make use of, though whether this man has one of them is to be determined.
Marionettez
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/17/2023 at 10:33 AM Post #20
(Yeah, I kind of decided to give him cats on a whim, since I love cats :D Their bios are on my Toyhouse already :D
I think you'll like what's gonna be Kyong's bio, it has a rose/red theme to it :D)

--------

He gave a small nod when he asked if he was new here. To this part of the city, he was. He usually stayed over on the other side of the city, but he decided to start moving this way, since it was further from his home and gave him a less chance of being caught.

He didn't respond as the other explained, still completely relaxed, even as one walked forward and reached his hand out. He gave a small nod as Theodore said his name, reaching out his hand and returning the handshake. "Kyong." He simply stated his name and nothing more. His name was... Unusual, to say the least. Mostly since he was originally from Korea.

He thought for a second, staring at Theodore, that maybe this person was like him, and the person behind him was his accomplice. Well, he'd never know until he figured out more.

He looked to the other man in the alley, curiously looking over his figure. "What about you? Do you have a name?" He simply asked. His eyes, now that Theodore was closer and could see them, were silver, and had a weird glint to them.

Despite his odd behavior and unfaltering glare - which was probably his resting face - he didn't seem to have any malicious intent. He actually seemed quite kind, at that. His eyes trailed back over to Theodore, watching him closely.
Edited By Marionettez on 5/17/2023 at 10:40 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.