Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 6:26 AM Post #1
Hello!

The time has finally come for the release of the Faelora Revamp! We are looking to bring the site down to initiate this update early on Monday, May 8th.

Downtime Begins: Monday, May 8th @ 4:00 AM
Estimated Duration: 2-4 Hours

During this time, we will be implementing the Faelora Revamp update. This will include updating all existing Faelora throughout the site, including existing pets, updating their Trait information, and setting up applicable Faelora for the Re-Generation process.

I am still working on some of the Re-Generation stuff, so I can't quite provide all information with this post. However, I should be able to update with the rest of the information after tomorrow. I think I just need one more day to finalize everything.

How Are Traits Changing?
Below is a reference sheet that displays how the Faelora Traits are currently allocated and how they will be allocated post revamp:

Note: The M2 and M3 slots will be swapping. This will be done automatically for players.

How Are Colors Changing?
There actually isn't a whole lot changing with the colors. Obviously, there will be some minor changes with each Color Slot just due to everything getting readjusted and more detailed. Below are really the only noteworthy changes:

C4: Will be used for the Male's horns base color, a secondary body-based Gene accent color, and very minor Mutation accent color.

C5: Will be used for the body vines and as a Mutation accent color.

A1: Will be used as a Gene accent color and Mutation accent color (for Mutations with magical/glowy bits).

A2: Will be used as the main Mutation accent color.

How Does Re-Generation Work?
Due to the Traits moving around or being spliced up, some Faelora may be eligible to have some of their Trait Points re-allocated. As a quick example, say a Faelora currently has Visible Ghostly Aura and Visible Lucky Dust. This will create an issue as both of these Traits will be in the M2 Slot post revamp. Without Re-Generation, this Pet would be losing 2 Trait Points and we would be deciding which of those two Traits the Pet retains. Instead, through Re-Generation, we will allow the player to choose a valid replacement for M1 and to choose whether they want to keep Ghostly Aura or Lucky Dust.

In addition to Traits, players will also be able to reallocate Colors based on things that have changed. Each Faelora is parsed individually and will have its own custom Re-Generation options based on its original Traits and information.

Probably tomorrow, I will be providing players with a handy Re-Generation preview tool and providing more concrete information on specifics. I am still working on finalizing this though at the moment.

Re-Generation Preview
I have added a Re-Generation Preview to all Faelora Pet Profile pages. Players can take a look and click the link to load a page that will display what specifically is happening to that Faelora's Traits after the Revamp goes live. It will look something like this:

The list of Traits at the bottom indicate the options that this Faelora will have after the Revamp is live. In some cases, like their G1, their only option for the Visible Trait will remain Okapi. Therefore, it's highlighted in red to indicate that this will be locked on the Pet; there won't be any other option to choose so this Trait will just remain as is.

However, if you look at the M1 slot, this Pet will now have two options for the Visible Trait. Therefore, their M1 will be removed and this Pet's owner will be able to utilize the Re-Generated to choose which Visible Trait that they want for the M1 slot.

The Re-Generator itself is also getting a makeover and is being upgraded to Version 3! Players will now be able to choose a Pet's Traits AND Colors all in one interface and at one time. Here is a preview of what the Re-Generator will look like:

If anyone notices anything odd or that doesn't sense with a Faelora's Re-Generation preview, please let me know so that I can take a look. It's a very complicated script, so it would not surprise me if it's not perfect lol. If I can be made aware of any logical issues ahead of time, it will make the Revamp process go that much smoother. Thanks!
Edited By Krinadon on 5/8/2023 at 2:37 PM.
Gravitas
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 11
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 7:38 AM Post #2
Exited for the update! Just one question, for those of us who submitted themes for Faelora for the Spring Fest, should we revamp them real quick or just leave them be?

Once the update goes live, that is.
Edited By Elevensins on 5/4/2023 at 7:39 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 7:41 AM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105905&page=1#2
Author: Gravitas
Time Posted: 5/4/2023 at 7:38 AM
Exited for the update! Just one question, for those of us who submitted themes for Faelora for the Spring Fest, should we revamp them real quick or just leave them be?

Once the update goes live, that is.

If we haven't locked the thread by then, you are more than welcomed to edit your submission.
Gravitas
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 7:43 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105905&page=1#3
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 5/4/2023 at 7:41 AM
[quote=2702841]

If we haven't locked the thread by then, you are more than welcomed to edit your submission.
Fantastic, looking forward to playing in the generator with the new changes.
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 9:37 AM Post #5
Sooooo excited!!
Dracaena
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 57
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 10:04 AM Post #6
Awesome! I can't wait, especially after seeing that preview the other day! :P
Andras
Level 73
Trickster
Threads: 1
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 1:24 PM Post #7
I'm super excited to see the revamp come to life! Thank you all for working so hard to make this possible!!! I can't wait to see them!
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 2:36 PM Post #8
Can't wait to see what my Fae look like after the Revamp! Thanks for all the hard work.
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 4
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 6:55 PM Post #9
Thank you for all the information concerning the revamp! And thank you to all those involved in making it happen. ^^
Astralcrescent
Level 52
Threads: 18
Posted: 5/4/2023 at 11:59 PM Post #10
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.