Forum Index > General Discussion > Sylestia Extension 3
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Bananafood
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 16
Posted: 3/27/2023 at 9:14 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! Since the Sylestia Extension 2 has been discontinued and the first extension hasn't been updated in a while, I thought I'd make a new one adding some of the accessibility and QoL features players might be missing.

Currently, there's just color-coded nurturing buttons and a very rudimentary trait randomizer for the generator. I picked random colors, so they're probably not the best and may need to change. The randomizer is super simple and will probably be improved sometime. I've only tested this extension on desktop Firefox and Chrome, and it currently only works on the most recent versions of Firefox.

I want to make this project more public than the last two extensions were, so I'm creating a public GitHub repository for this extension. I'm a total newbie with GitHub though, so I don't really know what I'm doing. If you want to add or fix something with the extension, or you know how to use GitHub better, please feel free to help!
https://github.com/UnofficialSylestiaExtension/Sylestia-Extension-3

I've submitted the Firefox extension to addons.Mozilla.org, but it hasn't yet passed review. I'll try to get it on Chrome soon too. Regardless, you can currently access the .zip file on the GitHub, which should work for Firefox (if I set it up correctly), and Chrome with a small tweak.

I wanted to post about this unpolished version to get early feedback and see if anyone else is interested in working on it. This is the first browser extension I've worked on, so if anyone else has any experience it would be greatly appreciated!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/29/2023 at 5:32 PM Post #2
That is very awesome of you to be willing to work on this project. On behalf of everyone, thank you!

I did just want to add that I am actively working on some of those hotly requested features. At this very moment, I am working on coding in a 'Randomize Traits' while using the Generator. Other things on my immediate short list were the colored buttons for Nurturing and hotkeys for interacting with events while exploring.

If you have any specific questions regarding any code things or whatnot, I will happily answer everything as best as I can. Just toss me a PM. =)
Gravitas
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 11
Posted: 3/29/2023 at 7:41 PM Post #3
Oh wow, thank you for doing this and being so open about it.

May you find all the eggs.
Sylestiafan123
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 51
Posted: 3/30/2023 at 4:03 PM Post #4
Wow, I honestly cannot wait to see this polished and see what else will be added to it in time.
Bananafood
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 4/1/2023 at 11:22 PM Post #5
Thank you all for the kind words and support! I wanted to share with everyone that I've updated the extension to add a "Mass release" button to the stables.

I've also removed all of the previous functionality, since Krin added a randomizer to the generator and the update that added new nurturing hotkeys broke the nurturing color-coding.

The extension was approved by Mozilla (and is available here), but it hasn't been updated to the newer version yet. The Chrome web store has stricter developer requirements, but if there's enough interest I should be able to put it on there too.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to be on much for the next two weeks, so I may be slow to respond. Apologies!
Astralcrescent
Level 52
Threads: 18
Posted: 4/3/2023 at 5:26 AM Post #6
I appreciate that you are doing this, but I really need the keyword to match the button colors. It unfortunately does not do me any good in the current state and I still cannot play the game. The keywords having colors that match corresponding buttons is what the dead extension did, and it is what made me able to nurture pets. I cannot help that I have brain damage, mental illness, and involuntary muscle spasms that make me click the wrong thing if I don't have an immediate clear answer. I am sorry...

Yeah I gave it a shot and I still can't do it. So I guess it's back to logging off.

This is so discouraging and alienating and makes me feel pushed out for being disabled.
Edited By Astralcrescent on 4/3/2023 at 5:31 AM.
Spaceshiprat
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 4/5/2023 at 3:51 AM Post #7
Please, understand that not having the same problems, Kiradon probably didn't even realize that the matching text color is what was meant to help. He seems to be putting his best efforts towards accomodating disabled people and just not doing it at quickly and accurately as you hoped for.

We can all be friends by extending some comprehension and patience to each other. Part of it is assuming that others are doing their human best and not deliberately targeting us with possible miscommunications or delays.
Edited By Spaceshiprat on 4/5/2023 at 3:52 AM.
Maimah
Level 67
Sylestiologist
Threads: 58
Posted: 4/7/2023 at 3:40 PM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105613&page=1#6
Author: Astralcrescent
Time Posted: 4/3/2023 at 5:26 AM
I appreciate that you are doing this, but I really need the keyword to match the button colors. It unfortunately does not do me any good in the current state and I still cannot play the game. The keywords having colors that match corresponding buttons is what the dead extension did, and it is what made me able to nurture pets. I cannot help that I have brain damage, mental illness, and involuntary muscle spasms that make me click the wrong thing if I don't have an immediate clear answer. I am sorry...

Yeah I gave it a shot and I still can't do it. So I guess it's back to logging off.

This is so discouraging and alienating and makes me feel pushed out for being disabled.
Considering Krin has worked with me who has MS, Fibro, Brain Fog is legally blind with spastic hands and shakes like a 4 day drunk to get this game more and more user friendly, perhaps you instead of feeling pushed out for feeling disabled need to instead step up, send a quiet note to Krin and -explain the problem-. "Krin I can't use the nurturing window it doesn't expand properly with my screen magnifier" Not to long later the new nurturing GROUNDS came out was it because of me highly doubtful did it fix the problem? yes yes it did. Do I still misclick because I shake like a 4 day drunk, yes yes I do, it happens, can I always read the wording on the screen? Nope, I figure he'll figure it out eventually, but you have to point out the problem. He's not omniscient!
Stormdragon21
Level 75
Lady Luck
Threads: 13
Posted: 4/12/2023 at 11:40 PM Post #9
I finally realized why the text wasn't changing color with the extension; it was changed to an image! (Also, the image looks really blurry on my computer and I don't know why, maybe my screen is too high-res?)
Bananafood
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 5/21/2023 at 5:04 PM Post #10
I've added hotkeys to the Festival zone explore page. The in-battle hotkeys should be the same as in the lost grove, and the other explore hotkeys should display the hotkey on the button. If anyone has any questions or issues, please let me know!

The newest version is available on the GitHub repository (here, scroll down for instructions), and I'm hoping to update the version on addons.mozilla.org soon. Unfortunately, some of the mass release code may need to be re-written to conform to their requirements for extensions, but that shouldn't take too long.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.