Players 2,387 365
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,248,392 1,193
Generated 656,295 34
Captured 1,190,692 64
Bred 6,401,310 1,095
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Vexxar The Vile!
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 1/30/2023 at 6:37 PM Post #11
Finally beat the idiot.
-PotA lvl 50
-no ent flasks
-no bless
-TA lvl 5
-318 turns

Light (Air)
Noctis (Earth)
Sephiroth (Light)

Winning rotation was not optimal (I don't remember exactly), I think it was water/fire/shadow/earth/air/light.

Lost air once, earth once. Made it on a prayer xD

I don't remember too much - pretty much just followed advice here. Lost my air 5 turns before end, brought him back and kicked vex's scrawny butt. Only missed one of the final motes.

Little bit of a display error, too.
Edited By Hiraeth on 1/30/2023 at 7:17 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/27/2023 at 7:50 PM Post #12
Speaking of

Vexxar's elements come specific slots, and can be grouped as elements 1-3 and 4-6
Slots 1+4 are the Physical Tank Elements (Water/Earth), 2+5 are the Attacker stages (Fire/Air), 3+6 are the Magic Survivalists (Shadow/Light)
It is random which order you'll get the two, but it will always be one of the two that goes in that slot

So you could get Water, Air, Light, and know that you'll then be getting, in order, Earth, Fire, Shadow
or Earth, Fire, Light / Water, Air, Shadow, W/F/S/E/A/L etc.
Edited By Scathreoite on 2/28/2023 at 4:43 AM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 2/28/2023 at 3:59 AM Post #13
I beat Vexxar on stream yesterday. I highlighted the VOD to show my warm up battle, a mistake battle (forgot flasks), and I attempted one with a water pet instead of a light pet.

Before you watch be aware there is mild swearing and adult themes very briefly discussed (nothing major, just some inside jokes). https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1751483531
I also apologize for time skips and distractions. For the final attempt there are fewer skips and more concentration.

Party:
Earth Tank with Superior Ent Flask of Protection and +5 Warden's Primordial
Light Healer with Superior Ent Flask of Magic and +5 Pyromancer's Primordial
Air Damage Dealer with Superior Ent Flask of Power and +5 Storm Caller's Primordial

I also have 60 Power of the Ancients stacks. I thought this helped immensely. I had attempted Vexxar when he first came out, so I had 4 (?) stacks and it felt hopeless. I highly recommend stacking PotA before a proper attempt. Doesn't need to be all 60 stacks but it makes it a lot easier.

Also have highest tier training grounds and light's renewal.

I came to the conclusion that you need to use Earth/Light/Air. Fire would not be effective damage, since area damage isn't important for a single target like Vexxar (motes are easy enough to kill). I thought water would help with mana, but the lack of healing was too much. Thorncoat is too important of an ability to not use an earth tank. If you use any other combination of party for this battle I would be very impressed and also ask why you choose to torture yourself. lol

Important to save your decimates! This battle is very methodical. You have to think out almost every turn.

There are some debuffs that aren't mentioned in the thread here but I think it might have just been me missing a block. So don't miss blocks. :P

I said this when Vexxar came out and we figured out the order of elements, but it would be best if you could get the strongest elements first so that the built up mana drain and debuffs aren't that debilitating on later phases. Light is definitely a pain, so I think if you get light early, you will have a good attempt.

Overall the fight wasn't difficult knowing what each element does (and having the best gear and stacks helps).

I'm ok with pings if anyone has questions. If it's questions about the video please refer to a timestamp.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 2/28/2023 at 3:33 PM Post #14
I'm so glad to see more people beating Vexxar, good work guys!
If you end up beating him with a team comp other than Earth/Air/Light, please post updates.

I know some people were working on other comps but not sure if we've had any breakthroughs yet ^^
Serrorai
Level 75
The Fortuitous
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/6/2023 at 2:56 PM Post #15
Defeated Vexxar The Vile on the first attempt at 20 POTA stacks after two failed attempts at 16
Took 298 turns, all forms downed, lost bless at phase 4 on light and air, did not lose bless on earth
Rotation was Water - Air - Shadow - Earth - Fire - Light - Unattuned
Final Phase Began at roughly 4.7mil hp

Couple of notes:
It is hugely beneficial to get the forms that require swapping early in the rotation, those being water and shadow, as at later phases being forced to swap a non tank pet into slot one and max mana going off can be a death knell. Losing Bless from ToL before unattuned form isnt too catastrophic, what matters is preserving your flask buff, losing the buff on your light or air pet early ive noticed leads to not enough healing or not enough damage to finish the clear, I recommend keeping frenzy on air up as best you can even on transition phase vexxar just to whittle him down so that his final stage health pool isnt too big. Near the end, on unattuned form, whenever a non tank pet was forced into slot 1 near the max mana attack i threw down divine balance, mana motes were enough to sustain this occasional heavy mana usage. Do note divine balance will NOT save your flask buff, and so should only be relied on when the buff is about to run out naturally in the final phase. In unattuned form i used earth ability 5 and light ability 5 fairly early on in order to ensure survival to the first mote, once you get there its just careful attention required. One last note is that in his transition forms i didnt put up thorncoat until he got a stack of rhythmic swordplay, helped conserve mana a little since just blocking on max mana is cheaper than having used thorncoat, and the biggest utility of thorncoat in the transitory phase is preventing swordplay stacks

THE MANA STAT OF YOUR PETS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
motes do not give a fixed amount of mana, but rather half of your maximum possible mana

Barracks Stats:
R5 training grounds buff
R5 temple of light bless
R5 trading post for superior ent flasks

Earth - Mitigation Flask
Light - Magic Flask
Air - Power Flask

full +5 Primo
warden on earth
storm on air
lightbringer on light + pyro relic

Prof Points:
Earth - 3hp/3agi
Light - 3int/3dex
Air - 3str/3dex

The Team:

Misc notes:
the earth phase was a very rough one due to my failure to monitor both rock roots, but a use of faerinas bulwark and vaelunas grace was enough to mitigate the consequences
Also made a mistake before phase 4, using raiths fury 10 turns early due to misjudging when he would shift into earth, unsure how much this contributed in the end to the final kill as it would have helped bring him down some before the final phase

Light died 3 turns before the clear, rip

I believe he is clearable at 16 with a bit more focus/new vexxar rikki stats, curious as to whether anyone will clear him that low or lower eventually
Edited By Raika on 3/12/2023 at 1:42 PM.
Dracaena
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 57
Posted: 4/19/2023 at 5:24 PM Post #16
I beat Vex at Power of The Ancients rank 39. I used superior flasks, r3 light's renewal, and r5 boss buff.

Team:
Maleficent
Astra
August

August (air pet) fainted once near the end. The recent flask update allowed him to pull through and keep his buffs. Thank you, Krin!

This has probably been mentioned already many times, but conserving mana is extremely important.

Also important is defeating each form of Vex before he becomes fully attuned. Pay close attention to his attunement stage (under his health bar) and defeat that form before he reaches stage 3 of attunement. Conserve mana, sure, but mostly during the unattuned stages. Take down his elemental forms with plenty of attacks from your cannon. But only use light abilities when necessary.

Be prepared to use a lot of healing moves during fire Vex's turn. You may have to use Fairy Light every other turn at certain points, and Restoration on your tank. You might only need restoration, though, reapplying it to your tank whenever it runs out.

If your team has a several turn debuff from an elemental form of Vex, it will not disappear when you defeat that form. Keep your team members swapped (if applicable) until it runs out.

At the final stage of the battle, I got Vex down to around 800k health before decimating. This was during one final Raith's Fury (and lots of air attacks) to get his health down. I only went through 2 Motes Of Mana cycles before this, and 1 Mind Flay. Basically, the final did not last long and if it lasted much longer, my party probably would have been defeated due to loss of mana.
Edited By EvilNapkin on 4/28/2023 at 5:32 PM.
Niverus
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 466
Posted: 4/30/2023 at 6:05 AM Post #17
Not sure if you wanted me to post this here but Vexxar is possible with water/fire/air as well. I beat him with my regular team a bit over a week ago.

Not sure if this is the first alternative from the basic earth/light/air setup used.
Edited By Niverus on 4/30/2023 at 6:07 AM.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 4/30/2023 at 4:24 PM Post #18
That is fine Niv, this is for everyone to contribute to if they make any breakthroughs. I'm not familiar with using a water/fire/air build but it's nice to know other combos now work and other people can ask questions if needed ^^
YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 6/7/2023 at 3:50 PM Post #19
I just beat Vexxar today.
I used a Water/Light/Air

I posted a video to youtube with the run where I actually beat him (Found Here) that included the notes I used on screen and the prep work I did to be able to fight him. (Video quality is low, just a heads up)

If you don't want to watch the video, the following is the prep work I had done:

Water Tank -
Supermax pet, Fully Ranked, +5 Primo Earth Gear, was given a Superior Power Flask

Light Healer -
Supermax pet, Fully Ranked, +5 Primo Fire Gear, was given a Superior Mitigation Flask

Air Cannon -
Supermax pet, Fully Ranked, +5 Primo Air Gear, was given a Superior Mitigation Flask

My PotA was at 30, I have a level 5 Training Grounds and had the Mega Bosses & Bosses buff active. I used a level 4 Temple with Light's Renewal active.

He took me 7 serious tries (5 last week, 2 this week, with a few fails where I used no flasks).
Falkinsey
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 20
Posted: 8/8/2023 at 8:25 AM Post #20

I beat Vex today on my second attempt - this is because I am a coward and waited until my PotA was at 56 :)

I used the recommended set up of earth, air and light. The pets are all superstats with a middling to high range of wild stats. I have maxed out primordial gear on all of them and used lightbringer's on my light pet. I don't know how it compares to pyromancer's but it worked well enough. My barracks is fully upgraded and I used the training grounds boss buff and the blessing from the temple and superior ent flasks. I had also cleared the path to Vexxar in advance.

The rotation of elements was earth, air, shadow, water, fire, light. I lost my air pet towards the end but revived him and he carried on until the end of the battle. It took 277 turns.

The first attempt, when I lost, I think I was being a little too careful at conserving my mana and was not hitting Vex hard enough when I could have. It's a case of getting a feel for the right balance, I guess.
Edited By Falkinsey on 8/8/2023 at 8:27 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.