Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Vexxar The Vile!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 11/21/2022 at 7:07 AM Post #1
Hi there!

Finally managed to get Vexxar down. Here is what you need to know:

Vexxar
He attunes to all 6 elements - Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Shadow and Light.
Order rotation seems to be as follows - Earth/Water - Fire/Air - Shadow/Light

What ever element you don't get on the 1st round will be on the 4th, then 2nd and 5th, and 3rd and 6th.
Providing you beat every element successfully, Vexxar becomes unattuned for round 7 which is where he is killable.
If you fail to beat an element he gains some sort of buff relating to that element. I did not encounter these a lot because I got most down so not 100% sure which ones he gets.

After each element gets killed he spawns a mote - These motes are 100% vital. If you miss a mote at the later stages it will cause severe trouble. A lot of this relies on energy management due to mana drains increasing each turn.

Alright, now with some base things out the way, this was my winning rotation:
Earth - Fire - Light - Water - Air - Shadow - Unattuned (Defeated on turn 302)

1. Helios
2. Light
3. Air

Items/Boosts Used
Helios - Superior Ent Flask of Protection
Light - Superior Ent Flask of Magic
Air - Superior Ent Flask of Power

Mega-Boss/Boss Boost
Lvl 5 Training Grounds
Lvl 5 Temple - With Bless Active
Power of Ancients Lvl 24

Also prior to starting, I did clear the entire path leading up to the boss room so all my boosts remained in tact.

Vexxar Elements
Base/Most Elements
Gains rhythmic swordplay each time he crits, stack duration increases with each crit and rhythmic swordplay itself increases crit chances. It you have thorncoat up, it stops him getting crits which prevents this kicking in. If he gains this on an element, it does add some sort of debuff to your pets.
Block at max mana - Not required on tank if thorncoat is up.
No point decemating base Vexxar, barely damages at all.

Motes
Beat within 5 turns - Fizzles 6th turn - If Vex is hit with a bleed attack during an element swap it goes onto spawned mote.
Motes only spawn when you beat an elemental form successfully with the exception of stage 7.
During stage 7 he goes through 1 phase of unattuned for 3 turns before ethereal attunement kicks in. You get 1 mote each time you break mind flay by that point you are racing against the mana drain to beat him.

Earth
Grasping Earth - Use Quick Attack.
Weak against Air.

Air
Storm Cloud - Block pet - Not required on tank if thorncoat is up.
Weak against Fire.

Light
Block Allies - Have not tried not blocking tank but with light I do try to move air to the middle around 50 mana to try to catch the debuff on air so I can decimate and block the two allies instead.
Weak against Shadow?

Fire
Move Pet - If it gets a fireball looking debuff move it to another slot.
Weak against Water?

Shadow
Malignant Fog - Pets with the affliction must be split up for 3 turns with an unaffected pet in the middle.
Weak against Light.

Water
Creeping Cold - Pets with the affliction must be split up for 3 turns with an unaffected pet in the middle.
Weak against Earth.

Final
Unattuned Vexxar

If your pet gets a target icon, move slots for it for 2 turns.
Mind Flay - Vexxar focuses on one pet for several turns, I assume if you hit him for enough damage it breaks his concentration. Might be worth saving decimates for this as damage increases each turn. Otherwise you can let it go for a few turns if it lands on your tank, provided bless is still up.
Still block max mana to be safe!
Helps if you have Raith's fury up 1-2 turns before max mana to help with killing motes to replenish mana.
Make sure Earth continues to use skill 1 to keep him taunted but if you have enough mana to spare, I recommend using skill 3 to keep him taunted as long as that won't impact your thorncoat.

My misc/closing notes
Keeping thorncoat up tends to solve most of your problems, but the issue as you get further is mana consumption. Earth does struggle with building mana but if you can work that out you'll be fine.

Your elemental debuff will remain and max out at 10 turns as long as the element it is weak against is still attacking. If that element stops - i.e. Earth stops attacking Water Vexxar to put up a thorncoat, the elemental weakness counter resets. With Earth vs Water, I recommend dropping Faerina's Bulwark. It does the same thing for 15 turns so you can keep the debuff up. Same with dropping Vaeluna's Grace on Light vs Shadow and Raith's Fury on Air vs Earth. I tried to aim decemates around the 9/10 debuff mark provided it was done before I blocked all pets at max mana (excluding tank if thorncoat or Faerina's Bulwark was up).

Play smart and you'll be ok. You ideally still need your blessing in tact by the time you reach stage 7 and no pets dead within the 300 or so turns it takes to beat him. If you lose a pet, you've lost your bless and ent flask boost.

And last but not least, if you feel I've missed anything or want anything explained in more detail please let me know ^^
Edited By Angelzrulez on 1/26/2023 at 7:46 PM.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/28/2022 at 5:22 AM Post #2
Second Win
Used the same technique as before.
Ended up with the same roll - Earth - Fire - Light - Water - Air - Shadow - Unattuned (Defeated on turn 273)

Items/Boosts Used
Helios - Superior Ent Flask of Protection
Light - Superior Ent Flask of Magic
Air - Superior Ent Flask of Power

Mega-Boss/Boss Boost
Lvl 5 Training Grounds
Lvl 5 Temple - With Bless Active
Power of Ancients Lvl 40 - Maxed out after first win!

Also prior to starting, I did clear the entire path leading up to the boss room so all my boosts remained in tact.

Extras
Made a few mistakes this time.
Missed mote 5 - managed to recover due to shadow being last and having a light weakness.
Helios fainted at some point on unattuned Vexx but used a revive and still managed to get him down.
Power of Ancients Lvl 40 definitely made things easier however you can't cut too much time off the battle. It will still take 260+ turns but you will spend more time on base Vexxar which is easier to manage rather than the elements.
Edited By Angelzrulez on 11/28/2022 at 5:23 AM.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 11/28/2022 at 9:57 PM Post #3
How do you recommend taking the motes down fast enough? I usually end up using a decimate to knock Vexxar's health down and thus dont have enough turns to get off a second, but I also haven't been using ent flask boosts :think:

Also, congrats on the defeats and that beefy rikki!!
Edited By Hiraeth on 11/28/2022 at 9:57 PM.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/28/2022 at 11:53 PM Post #4
With the motes, if you can get all 3 pets targeting them they should go down within the 4-5 turns required. I was using a mix of skill 1 on earth and skill 1/2 on both air and light. With air as well if you can drop a skill 3 to increase bleed damage that helps too.

With Vexx, there is no point decimating base Vexx as it barely does any damage unless he's either elemental or hit unattuned stage. When decemating on an elemental Vexx I did try to do it around the 30-40% mark so that I could get another decimate up in time if the above skills weren't hitting the mote enough.

The ent flask boosts are definitely required and make you hit harder and give your tank more protection but if you are just testing what I put above to get a feel for the battle first, don't use them so you can keep supplies.

Thank you about the rikki too! I'm hoping we'll see some more soon ^^
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 11/29/2022 at 10:18 AM Post #5
Ah thank you! That makes sense~ I've been running earth/water/air in my runs (making the equips for a light now though xD) so I didn't have the ability to readily heal back the damage it dealt to attackers Dx
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/29/2022 at 4:54 PM Post #6
I find the healing really helps! That's the neat thing about light. It always heals for a percentage of the damage dealt ^^
If you have any more questions let me know!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 12/17/2022 at 12:51 AM Post #7
Final stage:

Marked area- swap pet with a dirfferent pet to mitigate most? of the damage

what kind of number is that even, ridiculous

Edited By Scathreoite on 12/19/2022 at 2:06 AM.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 12/19/2022 at 6:29 AM Post #8
With the updated power of the ancients I tried a bless-less and ent flask-less run and succeeded:

Lvl 60 Power of the Ancients.
Boss Boost
Same party of Helios - Light - Air.

Vexx attunement - Water - Fire - Shadow - Earth - Fire - Light - Unattuned.

Beaten at 292 turns.
Edited By Angelzrulez on 12/19/2022 at 6:29 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/13/2023 at 6:23 PM Post #9
this just in, it is possible with non-max pets

Training grounds tier 5, mega bosses and bosses buff active
Temple of light tier 5, Divine Intervention active
Superior Ent Flasts (Protection on Earth, Magic on Light, Power on Air)

Crypt PotA: 52/60 (probably could have managed it a week or maybe even two weeks earlier, with it as low as 44, even possibly earler? Our main issue that was stopping us was getting the flow of the final form fight down, I think)

team
Earth
> Full +5 Primordial Gear; Warden
> 3hp/3agi

Light
> Full +5 Primordial Gear; Pyromancer relic, Lightbringer armor, bracers
>3int/3dex

Air
> Full +5 Primordial Gear; Storm Caller
>3str/3dex

Having Lightbringer equips for Light is a huge help in the fight, since you can really use that extra Mitigation and Evasion. Edge was getting KO'd pretty consistently by Water form's max mana move Blizzard if we got it after about element 3, simply because it was a physical element and with full Pyro gear her phys mit was pretty low.

Order you get the elements in can really swap things up, our winning round threw us a really good order, Water, Fire, Light, Earth, Air, Shadow
In all stages, you want to keep a keen eye on two things, the Debuffs on your pets, and how close Vrx is to max mana. You want to memorize what to do for each elemental debuff to avoid the brunt of them.

Each stage seems to swap at a certain number of turns. Initial base form Vex always swaps to the first element at turn 31. If you don't take out an element before its turn count runs out, it'll swap directly to the another element, skipping the intervening base form stage where you would have gotten to take out a Mote of Mana for a refill.

You don't really have to block max mana of the base form until a few elements in, though do be careful in judging how much it does to decide when you should start.
For elemental forms, you want to keep Thorncoat up most of the time. Retain mana by waiting until the turn it actually has run out (no longer active as a buff, rather than 1 turn remaining on it) before putting it back up.

You can potentially get three (possibly four?) uses of your pets' 5th moves out during the fight- one early on, probably during the first element, maaaaybe the second, one about as soon as you get them back online, and one use for the final form. The Final form starts I think a little before turn 250. How long the fight lasts after that will depend; we finished it on turn 296, and Krin says you probably don't want it to go too far past 300.
You want to be calculating as to when you use them during any point in the fight, but especially for the last bit- having earth's for when you can't use thorncoat until you get the next mote spawn is pretty vital. (at the latter end of the fight, earth's net mana gain is 0- the motes are the only way)

Final form has two debuffs it inflicts, one with a countdown target, which necessitates swapping the pet to a different position until it's over, and one non-countdown target (which looks a little different) which means you need to deal a lot of damage to Vex fast. Save Decimates for this.

I might think of something else but that's what I can think of for the moment

Also, some Krin commnetary from his perspective

Edited By Scathreoite on 1/13/2023 at 6:45 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/23/2023 at 7:27 PM Post #10
some conclusions:

Light as the last element is badawful, gross, hate it. Because of the combo of it healing and your lack of mana, this form has a good chance of outlasting your damage, letting it go straight into Final form, skipping the base form and its mana mote, leaving you on empty going into that.
also, seems like if he does that then he gets a light buff that heals 240000hp per turn for like. 20 turns. That was a thing that happened. It was awful.

Shadow is probably the best to get last because at that point you aren't really generating any mana anyway

Also for some reason, and I could be mistaken on the exact amount, but it seems like if he's below 3.6m when he goes into final phase he'll jump back up to it?
I had him gain like, 1m hp on one of my attempts, from under 3m back up, and like, 50k+ this last attempt (53,652hp, if my maths is accurate (total damage dealt by pets, minus collective mote hp), and it had nothing to do with light element (that was a different attempt)
The increase isn't mentioned in the battle log, and he still has the complete 24m hp bar that he has in regular base form. He just. gets more hp

(confirmed by Krin as his 'last hurrah' hp. So no point trying to do damage that'll drop him below that in the last base form stage, since he'll jump back up to 3.6m when he swaps)
Edited By Scathreoite on 1/23/2023 at 8:39 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.