Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2022 Winter Festival - Pet Trait Design
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 12:40 AM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding a Pet Trait Design contest for the 2022 Winter Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Contest Rules

1. Design a Pet Gene or Mutation for only the following species: Aurleon, Draeyl, Faelora, Ferrikki, Griffi, Kelpari, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nephini, Ny'vene, Nytekrie, Puffadore, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your Trait, come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image, just go to the Generator and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image URL; the maximum size is 500.

2. You must draw your new Trait on the Pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then you can include a description in addition to your drawing in order to help us better envision your Trait. If you are unable to draw something, then we are sorry, but there will be no exceptions. Your submission must look like it required some amount of effort to create. For example, drawing 3 straight lines on a canvas and saying that they're "new wings" will not count towards participation.

3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it specifically themed to this Festival. Although, we certainly encourage you to draw Traits themed to this Festival if you wish to do so.

4. Please do not copy/paste previous submissions. Please try and come up with new ideas or at least alter your previous non-chosen designs.

5. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post, we will delete your post.

6. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

7. Before submitting your entry, please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has already done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do, then we highly suggest that you pick something different. If you feel that someone has "copied" your design, please do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread. We will intervene ourselves if we see something that's suspicious.

8. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more, then you can send me a PM with drawings of your Trait ideas. However, all PM'd entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes. To clarify, an entry can encompass multiple Trait Slots. As an example, say that your entry is a Butterfly set for a certain species. Your entry can include Butterfly Wings, Butterfly Antennae, Butterfly Armor, etc. Species are all different with their Trait Slots, so we're looking more at design ideas and not strictly Trait Slot submissions.

9. IMPORTANT: By participating in this contest and submitting your designs to us, you agree that we, Sylestia Games LLC, will retain full rights to your submission to use as we see fit for the purposes of Sylestia.com and Sylestia Games LLC. You will not receive any royalties or reimbursement from us if we decide to use your designs, or otherwise. Any designs that we pick will be recreated from scratch by our art team; we will only be using your submission as a reference for said artwork. We reserve the right to alter your design in any way that we see fit and are not obligated to adhere to any specific depictions or descriptions that are provided.

10. DO NOT comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry, then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries. If we see anyone doing this in the thread, then whoever is fighting will be disqualified and potentially receive a Forum Strike.

11. The end date is October 26th, 2022 at 11:59 PM server. After that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Important Copyright Infringement Notice

We are very aware that it's typical to use Google and/or other providers to search for ideas when designing artwork. However, it is extremely important that all of your submissions are created entirely by you and are not copied from another's work. If you are using other artwork as a reference, please ensure that your submission is changed sufficiently to be clear and obvious that it is indeed your work. This is extremely important, not just for ethical reasons, but also for legal reasons when we are implementing something onto our site. Thank you!

Contest Prizes

The following are scheduled to be the prizes for this contest. Please note, these are subject to change. However, we would not do so without a good reason to change them.

Winners
(Players who have their designs picked)
Prizes: [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Winter Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Visible if Majestic) x1, Mystical Essence of Choice x2

All Participants
(With valid entries)
Prizes: [Fabled Frost Essence] x1, [Mystery Frost Essence] x2, [Premium Ice Water] x3, [Box of Ice Sculpting Supplies] x1, [Box of Ice Sculpting Agents] x2, [Legendary Avatar Item (Winter - Retired)] x1, [Frost Token] x1,000
Edited By Krinadon on 10/5/2022 at 12:42 AM.
WoermOnAString
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 28
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 1:26 AM Post #2
I may paint the blank drawings if I have the time and if the paper is not too damaged. Some places on the Griffi and Ferrikkis were either erased too much or I had drawn the area too hard and jabbed my pencil into the paper. Due to the compromised integrity of the paper, I may just leave the pieces as is for this festival activity.

Vulnyx Scorpion Tail

M2 - Scorpion Tail

I've seen quite a few people do this one but I've actually been waiting to do this for a while. With the addition of the Forest Scorpion theme, I think it would be fitting for the Vulnyx to have a scorpion tail. This piece includes an optional venom drip.

Steampunk Griffi Set
I actually forgot to draw the back wing and since my erasers are so old that they're starting to ruin the paper, I will not be going back and drawing it.

G3 - Gears
"Located on rump & shoulder. This is an accent piece and does not cover the whole body."
When I was drawing this trait, I pictured 3 gears on the rump and shoulder. The gear in the back of the design was the least opaque while the one in the front was the most opaque. This trait is meant to be all over the body like Lucky Runes, it's just meant to be a simple piece to accentuate the mutations.

M1 - Steampunk Tail
This tail is meant to look like rings of sheet metal riveted together stacked within each other similar to a stack of bowls. Although the drawing shows four of these rings, three will also work well.

M2 - Steampunk Regalia
"Thick chain reigns are attached to a small bit shaped like a gear. The saddle cloth has many gears on its pattern that get more sparse the closer to the spine you get."
So basically, there's a gear-shaped but that the Griffi is holding in its beak with reigns made of chain attached to it. These chains aren't as thick as they are with the Chained Cape but they're definitely thicker than the Chained Jewelry. Aside from the bit, they don't really connect to anything else, they just rest on the back waiting for a rider to pick them up.
The saddle cloth/blanket is similar to the one seen in the Majestic Regalia just because of its shape and where it lays. The cloth itself has a plain base color with gears of a secondary color creating a gradient of gears from bottom to top. The gears vary in size and opacity as well. The closer to the spine the gear pattern is, the smaller and less opaque these gears become.
Also included with this M2 trait are ear piercings. The number of piercings can really vary for this trait, although the minimum amount is three O-rings or loops despite four being shown in the picture. Each earring is connected to the next by a small chain that drapes like a half circle towards the next loop.

M3 - Steampunk Wings
The three gears act as a point of motion. The "bones" of the wings are two sets of two metal rods, however the final "bone" is one metal rod that tapers out into a needle point. I like to think that. The primaries and secondaries are welded to the back of the rods while the primary converts and the secondary converts are welded onto the center of the rod.
To understand the terms used above, please refer to this image here.

Victorian Wedding Ferrikki Set
I adore the Victorian set we already had for the Ferrikkis but I thought that it would be nice there was another Victorian set that looked more directly Victorian inspired. This thought resulted in this lovely Victorian Wedding set. Although this set might work better as a costume for the Ferrikkis, I thought I would give this a try.

G1
I opted not to add a G1 to this as I want this to pair well with both Valentine Lace and Victorian Drape.

G2 - Heart Tips
"Different from Heart Tears, the feathers have a single heart at the point of the feather."
These hearts vary in size depending on the size of the feather. Since this is for a wedding set, the hearts should be symmetrical unlike they are with the Heart Tears trait.

G3 - Wedding Rings
The image inside of these Ferrikkis' orbs are a pair of wedding rings hooked together. The female's wedding ring has a large gemstone, presumably a diamond, set in it.
Alternate G3 - Rose
Although the rings look fine as is, I originally made this alternative G3 in case the rings didn't work out. Even though they did end up working out, I decided to keep this alternate design anyways in case the design was chosen and the rings were disliked. An upside to this alternative trait is that the rose can just be a single color unlike the wedding rings, which would have a band of one color and a gem of another color.

Male Variant of the Traits
M1 - Victorian Wedding Tail

"(The) held orb becomes a heart. Tail has a few bands of draped ribbons pinned in place by bows."
I genuinely could not think of a more masculine design for the wedding tails so instead I re-used what I had for the female's M1 trait. The orb has changed shapes into a heart. Going up the tails are three rows of draping ribbon fastened in place by a small bow. Extra color for the heart will be determined by the A2 color while the ribbons will be the M1 color.
"All feathers are either curled up like head "buns" or mostly curled, held close to the body."
This trait also messes with the Ferrikki's feathers. For the male, each feather will be a completely straight uniform piece, unlike how there are little notches in some of the feathers in the official Ferrikki art.

M2 - Victorian Wedding Attire
"Tailcoat jacket has floral lace on the back. There is a dual rose clasp w/ chain on the notched lapel. The tailcoat is over a buttoned vest which is over a white shirt with a black tie (set colors are optional).There is a wedding band on the right paw.""
An unbuttoned, long-sleeved tailcoat sits over top of a buttoned of vest which is on top of a tie which sits on top of a button up shirt. All over the back of the tails and up the middle of the tailcoat is a floral lace pattern. This floral lace is represented by a crosshatched design. The floral lace will also de darker than the base color in order to stand out. The tails on the tailcoat at very long which can be seen by how.they fall to the floor. The tailcoat's lapel is notched. There is a double clasp, AKA a cloak clasp to help keep their lapel or shoulders from sliding down.

M3 - Victorian Wedding Headdress
"Antlers have bands between the points w/ little hearts on them. Antlers have decorative metal crowns/caps w/ a scalloped edge. The top hat has a band of floral lace. Causes heart highlights to be in the eyes."
These antlers are bigger and with more pronounced points.

Female Variant of the Traits
M1 - Victorian Wedding Tail

"(The) held orb becomes a heart. Tail has a few bands of draped ribbons pinned in place by bows."
I genuinely could not think of a more masculine design for the wedding tails so instead I re-used what I had for the female's M1 trait. The orb has changed shapes into a heart. Going up the tails are three rows of draping ribbon fastened in place by a small bow. Extra color for the heart will be determined by the A2 color while the ribbons will be the M1 color.
**"All feathers are either curled up like head "buns" or mostly curled, held close to the body."
This trait also messes with the Ferrikki's feathers. For the female, she will have delicate curls on all of her feathers except the ones on her head, which are tightly curled to mimic buns.

M2 - Victorian Wedding Attire
"Lots of pearls & ribbons. Very puffy sleeves. Collar is adorned with pearls with a jabot that has 3 decorative roses in it. There is a large diamond ring on the right paw."
This piece was inspired by several Victorian era wedding dresses. It's big, it's dramatic, it's extra. On each sleeve is two small bows with ribbons draped from them. These ribbons and bows are the same color as the ones on the M1 so they would use the M1 color.

M3 - Victorian Wedding Headdress
"Lots of pearls and lace, roses by the ears. **Head feathers are curled to look like buns.Causes heart highlights in the eyes."
"M3 also has a little pearl diadem with a large gem connecting the strands of pearls."
The female Ferrikki has a short veil with pearls along the sides of it and a lace edge at the bottom. The gem in the diadem will be the same color as the held orb.

Draeyl Leaf Set
M1 - Leaf Wings

These wings are based off of the Zolnixi Leaf Wings. These leafs are also attached to a little wooden growth around the shoulder that extends itself to each leaf in place of the leaf's stem. The wings that are shaded are the wings that are on the left side of the Draeyl's body.

M2 - Leaf Tail
The tip of the Draeyl's tail has a leaf to go with the wings.
I have created several variants for this trait:
Variant A - Japanese Maple
Variant B - Similar to the wings
Variant C - Sugar Maple
Variant D - Bay Laurel Leaf
Variant E - Ivy Leaf
Variant F - Silver Birch Leaf
Variant G - Weeping Willow Leaves

Shiba Inu Zolnixi Trait
Possibly G1, could also be G2. This piece is pictured with the M1 Chow Tail to look more like a Shiba.

Kelpari Rider's Set
Picture 1 contains the Kelpari Rider's Bit and Bridle and the Kelpari Rider's Saddle (with stirrups) on their own.

M1 - Kelpari Rider's Bit and Bridle
The bit and bridle tack are based off of this picture.

M3 - Kelpari Rider's Saddle
The saddle is based off of this event saddle. Most of the seat is the same color as the M1 color and the rest of the saddle is lined with the same color.

G1 - American Paint Horse Markings
Picture two contains the American Paint Horse Markings with the saddle and other tack. The fins are colored just to see how they lay over the G1 markings.

Nemicolopterus Nytekrie Set

G1 - Nemicolopterus Underbelly

This trait is similar to the existing underbelly, the only different is that is stops mid-throat instead of on the face.

G2 - Nemicolopterus Wing Markings
The claws are also affected by this trait. The claws are dark and spread out in an ombre effect along the bony edge of the wings. The tips are dark with two bands spread out evenly from each other.

G3 - Nemicolopterus Facial Markings
There is a dark line down there middle if the beak that extends to the top bit of feathers, to the eyes, and then down the sides towards the middle of the back. This marking also tips the two large feathers on the nyte's brows. Additionally, there are two triangle markings on the upper beak.

M2 - Nemicolopterus Wings/Limbs
The nytekrie loses its feathered wings and they are replaced with these fleshy, oddly bent dinosaur wings. The hind legs also lose their feathers. The front claws are attached to the wings, having three talons. The hind limbs, however, have four talons.

M3 - Nemicolopterus Beak
The nemicolopterus beak is similar to a toucan's beak without the curved tip. If this beak is a bit too difficult to position or draw, this trait can be left out.

Vampire Bat Lunemara Set

M1 - Vampire Bat Ears

This trait replaces the lunemara's antenna with vampire bat ears. Optionally, it can also make the face just a wee bit more fluffy, only by a little bit though.

M3 - Vampire Bat Wings
This trait gives the lunemara vampire bat wings.

Angelic Nephini Set

M1 - Seraphim Wings

This traits gives the nephini six feathery angelic seraphim wings.

M2 - Angelic Vestments/Armor
This trait consists of a halo, body armor, and lots of jeweled bands. All of the gems and part of the neck band draw their color from the eyes. Optionally, the halo can have a soft glow.

M3 - Angelic/Holy Doves
The final trait of this set consists of three doves circling around the nephini. One of them carries an olive branch in its beak.

Faelora Fawn Trait

G2 - Fawn Spots

Based on the fawn spots of a white-tailed deer. This trait would definitely work well with the existing G1 trait Antelope!

Edited By WoermOnAString on 10/16/2022 at 7:31 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 3:17 AM Post #3
Aurleon- Heavenly Markings/ Sacred Markings/ Fenghuang

Draeyl- Spirit Flame Runes/ Spirit Flame Wings

Faelora- Reindeer / Reindeer Antlers

(both male and female reindeer grow antlers. In addition, I put pine-needly leaves)

Ferrikki- Diamond Dust Cloak (Snow) / Snowflake Orb / Swirling Snow

Griffi- Manticore Tail (/ Scorpion Tail)

Kelpari- Elegant Armor

Luffox- Blue Dragon (Seaslug)

Lunemara- Gem Collecter

Lupora- Streaked

Morkko- Giant Anteater

Nephini- Sacred Jewelry

Ny'vene- Wizard Cloak/ Wizard Hat / ?Magic Dust?

Nytekrie- Pigeon/ Bar

Based on the wild-type wing markings- the Bar pattern- of the rock pigeon
(it's also a bit based on this particular piebald pigeon that is part of the flock that moved in around our house, who also happens to have the Bar wing patterning, because I think her lil dark grey "hood" that the piebalding marks out is very cute)

Puffadore- Bengal

Qitari- Flame Wings

Sylvorpa- Lace* Runes/ Scale Runes

(* lace as in the chicken feather pattern type)

Vulnyx- Ribbon Seal

Zolnixi- Grey Fox
Edited By Scathreoite on 10/10/2022 at 5:44 PM.
EvilNapkin
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 55
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 7:31 AM Post #4
Draeyl - Chameleon

Morkko - Abomination

Ny'vene - Essence of Flames

(The dots are glowing embers/sparks.)

Puffadore - Yokai/Spirit

(The antennae could be spirit flames, maces, claws, etc. instead of scythes. Or make the mask more spooky to create a Grim Reaper Puffadore.)

Qitari - Roan

Vulnyx - Feral Scars
Edited By EvilNapkin on 10/26/2022 at 10:22 PM.
Serrorai
Level 75
The Fortuitous
Threads: 22
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 10:23 AM Post #5
Lunemara Mystic Atlas:
Unlabled Colors are only there to show general shape outlines

Vulnyx Creeping Fog:

Zolnixi Shining Battalion:
Edited By Raika on 10/6/2022 at 9:29 PM.
Rocketshipdown
Level 69
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 11:43 AM Post #6
Winter is going to be cold. Might as well give the Qitari blankets!

Draeyl mutation based on the skin flaps of anoles (I know female anoles don't have them- but I mean it's not like one gene can be exclusive to gender!)

Edited By Rocketshipdown on 10/7/2022 at 4:21 PM.
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 1:38 PM Post #7
Ignore the green, my printer ink cartridge needs to be replaced. My artistic skills are pretty basic, so I'll try and describe it as well. I usually do 6vis projects, so tried to come up with some simpler traits that would work with other traits.

Kelpari really need a G3 that doesn't completely cover G1.
G3: Underbelly sparkle

The sparkles would look more like the vulnyx sparkle runes trait.

The base color would be the G3 color and then the sparkles color would be either A1 or A2. Could even have two different sparkles with one colored by A1 and the other A2. Not sure how busy that would look, though.

Continuing on the glitter themed...
G3: Glitter Mane

I used lux locks just to have a bit more area to draw on. The G3 color would be the sparkles.
Edited By Faeyla on 10/5/2022 at 2:04 PM.
Oiseau
Level 75
Lurker of the Depths
Threads: 88
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 3:11 PM Post #8
Faelora - Winter antlers
WoermOnAString
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 28
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 3:33 PM Post #9
Hey, sorry to bother you again this week but I have a question.

When will the new fall traits be released?

I feel like this would be important to know so we can resubmit previous traits (after editing ofc) and not resubmit something that is already in the game.
Eclipsedmoon
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 10/5/2022 at 4:56 PM Post #10
Fae traitset
Fae wings
Fae attenee n leg webbing

Cloudy fae faelora

Edited By Eclipsedmoon on 10/7/2022 at 12:25 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.