Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Winter Festival - Pet Trait Design
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 672
Posted: 10/17/2021 at 5:24 PM Post #11
"Impish Li'l Zolnixi" trait set, with first image showing G3 "Smoke Swirls" (green), M2 "Horns & Thorns," and M3 "Li'l Devil Wings." Lower image shows G1 "Firefoot" (in light blue), G2 "Blazes" (in purple), and M1 "Li'l Imp Tail" (yellow).

"Smoke Swirls" were inspired by googling "smoke swirls" and clicking "Images." Those beautiful smoke swirl photos are what the trait should look like. I wanted a G3 trait that wouldn't overwhelm the other Genes. I drew the trait in green. In practice, it should really have both the G3 color and one of the accent colors. It should also have translucent areas, which I tried to depict.

Here's how smoke swirls ought to look (except in the Gene's color, of course)--

"Horns & Thorns" are drawn in gray, black, and red in the image, and it includes the claws. I originally created the horns, and the thorns on the hocks, without any jewelry, and I actually like it better that way. But I'm quite a minimalist, and most players aren't, so I added the little crown/helm and the anklets holding the thorns on. (If you want to delete the crown and rear leg anklets, or make the horns, thorns, & spikes larger or longer, I'm cool with that. Trusting the artists here.) I placed the little horns as best I could so they wouldn't conflict with the antennae on Butterfly and Comet Moth Wings. The red dots are gems. The white cones/circles on the front legs' bracelets are spikes. "Horns & Thorns" are based on any number of little devil/imp cartoons.

The "Li'l Devil Wings" are based, of course, on the wings of actual bats. The membranes are supposed to be semitransparent, like the membranes on Kelpari fins, but my drawing program does not do a good job of showing such things. So I left them opaque for this illustration. Because of this I had to show "Imp Tail" in a separate image. In reality, all the traits are part of one set. (Of course, if you like them, admins, feel free to accept one, some, or all.)

Bat wings as they really look--

"Firefoot" was also inspired by little devil/imp cartoons, though when I was about halfway finished with them I realized I was trying to draw something very similar to the Lupora "Fire Dancer's Mark." Basically, they are socks, but with wavery, flamelike edges and some little highlights taken from either AC or AC2.

"Blazes" is based on real animal markings. Technically, only the head marking corresponds to a "blaze." The purple markings taken all together are closest to the canine markings called "Irish Spots." But that name really doesn't go with the names of the rest. The edges of each marking should look more feathery than I was able to depict it.

"Li'l Imp Tail" is also based on little devil/imp cartoons. The flames on the tail should probably come from one of the accent colors and not the Eye Color. It seemed to need a little something at the base of the tail, so I tried to add some small, puffy floofs, but I wanted them to look fluffier than that.

BTW, all the traits need to be "fancier" than I am able to draw them. I mean, if I had been the one to come up with the Ryori Arcanist's Wings, for just one example, there's no way I could have drawn those elegant swirls the way they actually look on the trait. I would have had to draw some curved lines, try to get the basic feel of the trait across, and put my faith in the artists.

Anyhow, here's my M2 Sylvorpa trait, "Enigmatic Bubble Wings." Notice that the wings actually support the Sylvorpa from below. (Sylvorpas are magical.) Modeled, of course, after the way pet axolotls like to float and soar in their tanks on streams of airstone bubbles. My attempt to show the bubble streams, which increase the wing-ness of the trait, really doesn't live up to what I'm trying to make this trait look like. Basically the bubble streams form a vaguely winglike shape, while keeping lots of bubbles under the Sylvorpa. If you like this trait, please don't put it in the M3 slot instead of M2. I'm working on an M3 trait, "Gill Floofs," that go with the Bubble Wings and need the M3 slot.

Here's my Button modeling for the "Enigmatic Floofs" trait.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 11/3/2021 at 4:17 PM.
Phoenixwinchester
Level 64
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 116
Posted: 10/18/2021 at 3:45 PM Post #12
Rose Ruby Zolnixi Trait Set

Design Notes: Red circles are roses. Red hearts are ruby gems in the shape of hearts. Green lines are vines (Except in Armor image, those are ridges from over-lapping armor pieces). Brown/Tan short lines are thorns.

Tangled Vines - G1

Gene causes a design of tangled vines to appear on fur.

Rose Runes - G3

Gene causes rose design based runes to show up on fur... A simple two tone drawing of roses in full bloom would fit nicely.

Bramble Tail - M1

Tail Mutation- Mutation weaves rose vine brambles through tail fur.

Rose Ruby Armor - M2

Image contain a simpler version of the collar piece. If both traits are present maybe the collar would override the neck piece... Or the collar covers it up... If easier just remove the neck piece from the armor, I don't mind.

Rose Ruby Bonds - M3

Mutation contains Thorny Collar and Broken Shackles - Inspired by the Lupora traits, Broken Shackles and Spiked Collar.

Astralwalker Lupora Trait Set

G3 - Astralwalker's Star Runes + M2 - Astralwalker Galaxy Mist

G2- Astralwalker's Galaxy Tufts

M1 - Astralwalker's Galaxy Armor
Edited By Phoenixwinchester on 10/26/2021 at 10:15 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 10/20/2021 at 8:02 PM Post #13
Aurleon- Spiral Runes

Draeyl- Dragon's Blood (stone)

Ferrikki- Classic Torbie, Bell Collar

(markings solid, colour between them at lower opacity? or, hmm... white = c2, grey = c1, black+oranges other colours? something I dunno)

Griffi- Agate Stripes

Kelpari- Burning Lava / Burning Spark Runes

Luffox- butterfly / pollinator

Lunemara- watcher markings

Lupora- Static/ Electric

Morkko- Rainbow Boa

Nephini- Blood Python

Ny'vene- Diamond Glitter/Glitter Dust

Nytekrie- fairy wren

Puffadore- lune armor/ moon armor

Qitari- Scorpion scales/ Scorpion tail

Sylvorpa- Luna Moth Runes/ antennae/ wings

Vulnyx- galaxy cape

Zolnixi- Regal Cape/ Blanket

anfd then halfway through my computer frgot how to internet so I guess the rest have to be reused designs
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/3/2021 at 10:51 PM.
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 10/23/2021 at 9:13 PM Post #14
Draeyl - Wyvern Wings

This one's obviously for M1. How the colouring of G1, G2, and G3 applies to it would be pretty self-evident.

It is not necessary that the wings be identical to the AA: Dragon Wings mutation. They could be redrawn as a new set of wings in their own right. I just used the Dragon Wings so I wouldn't have to draw my own wings from scratch.

This mutation acts as kind of an inverse of quad arms on Ny'venes, and I think it could open up some cool possibilities of Draeyl themes that are meant to look like babies of themed Ny'venes, where the Draeyl theme would be something like Baby [Ny'vene theme] Draeyl or [Ny'vene theme] Hatchling Draeyl.

Lunemara - Bumblebee (trait set)

Bumblebee Antennae

This is an M1 mutation.

Bumblebee Stinger

This one's for M2. Colouring patterns would still show up on this, the same way they show up on the upper portion of the AA: Firefly mutation.

And here's a G1 gene specifically designed for it:
Bumblebee Stripes

Bumblebee Wings

This would be an M3 mutation. Unlike CC: Dragonfly Wings, the Bumblebee Wings would be translucent, with the colour on them being only around 50% opacity.

Here's the full trait set together:

Morkko - Beak / Owlbear Beak

Colour could either fade from the fur colour to the beak colour, or you could draw a hard line at the edge of the beak and switch there. I think it would be really cool if the beak colour was EC.

I think this would be most apropriate on M3. It could be cool just on it's own, but I also think it looks great with the owlbear set, as seen here. Since the owlbear set uses all mutation slots already, I would propose having a trait on M3 like this if you think the beak is best suited to the owlbear set:

Or, potentially, they could both be traits, the same way there are multiple versions of other traits like feathered wings on Zolnixies. The second image here is only meant as an idea for implementation, but if it seems too much like a second submission, then please discount it. The first image (with just the beak) is my official submission.

Ny'vene - Hydra Heads

Two heads are better than one. This mutation is inspired by all the multi-headed dragons in mythology. I think it would be really cool to put this on M3 so that each neck can have M1 traits on it, and each head can have M2 traits on it.

Each head would be coloured the way it already is by G1, G2, and G3.

Nytekrie - Tail feather

I think this would make the most sense on M2. Colouring would be applied to the tail feather the same way it's applied to the long feathers on the wings.
Edited By Untitledprince on 10/27/2021 at 8:17 PM.
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 10/23/2021 at 10:11 PM Post #15
I REALLY hope they pick your Kelpari trait with the glowing fish! I absolutely NEED little fish swimming around my kelparis!
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 10/24/2021 at 1:13 AM Post #16
Frosted Ferrikki Traits

This consists of 5 different traits
G1, Frosted fur-this is in the light blue
G2, Frosted feathers- this is in the dark blue and red. this is suppost to look like ice is creaping up the feathers.
G3, Frosted ruin-this is the green in the orb. this is suppost to look like there are chunks of ice hanging in the orb.
M1, Frosted tail- this is suppost to look like the tail and some flufs of the tail are traped in ice, kinda like this trait
M3, Frosted horns- This is suppost to look like the horns are traped/made out of ice.
Frosted horns female
Myrockinziva
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 56
Posted: 10/25/2021 at 4:11 PM Post #17

Kelpari
G1 Flames

Griffi
G1 Flames

Qitari G1 Flames
Ne0nNy
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 92
Posted: 10/27/2021 at 7:38 PM Post #18
Vulnyx: Sorcerer's Ice

M1: Twirling Mist
Mist twirls around the Vulnyx's legs as if from a magical sorcerer. It contains small, sparkling snowflakes.

M2: Icicle Spikes
The Vulnyx lives in extreme cold, so much that it has begun to grow icicles in its fur.

M3: Frozen Fangs
Nobody knows how this happened, but instead of fangs, they've become icicles?

All Together:

Zolnixi: The Diamond Juggernaut

G2: Thief's Disguise
This thief knows their way around town.

M1: Magical Diamonds
So many gems! A master thief.

M2: Sterile Bandages
Gotta stay safe!

All Together:
Edited By Ne0nNy on 10/27/2021 at 8:21 PM.
Eternalsilver
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 21
Posted: 10/30/2021 at 2:30 PM Post #19
Puffadore: Flame Enchantment (G3?)

Incantamentum
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 23
Posted: 10/30/2021 at 3:55 PM Post #20
Since luffs dont have chipmunk, I thought Id suggest it.
Edited By Incantamentum on 10/30/2021 at 3:57 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.