Players 2,284 415
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,295,660 1,945
Generated 659,180 245
Captured 1,198,845 450
Bred 6,437,540 1,250
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 3/4/2017 - Introducing the New Ability a...
Page 6 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 12:30 AM Post #51
I think my biggest issue with the change is the drastic drop in customizability... That and having to deal with half or less of the gold until I can Level up my Mission sylestis in the MegaZone, but that's supposedly temporary. I'm not sure what's supposed to be more "fun" about being able to do less with your sylesti... Maybe I just can't see its full potential yet...

Just my thoughts and feelings so far:

What I don't like-
-1 sylesti not being able to have more than 1 Element (that was good for character building and stats, were we doing something wrong by multiclassing?)
-a sylesti not being able to increase both Strength and Intelligence (some sylestis are both strong and intelligent :c )
-not being able to equalize all of a sylesti's stats (that's going to mess up several of my sylestis' plans)
-the nerfing of our current sylestis (at what Level will they be able to catch up to where they are now? 65?)
-a Light Party will be extremely nerfed, even though in the original post you said that all pets would do more damage and perform better no matter the Element... (that's going to hurt my Parties a lot :/ )
-no Expertise for sylestis under Level 60 (why don't sylestis under Level 60 count anymore? :p )
-the severe drop of points to be able to spend on customizing a sylesti's stats and the Levels at which they are available
-we can't choose what to do with the Abilities and less Abilities are available
-that no matter how much we max out our Level 60 sylestis they still will not be able to complete Level 50 Exceptional Missions exceptionally anymore (you say that it will be more than made up for as sylestis level, but that's not actually possible unless you add more Missions that pay out significantly more than Level 50s, considering it will probably be months before the MegaZone is actually released... o_O Or did you just mean the stats will be made up for, not all the gold and Satchels that will be lost to the drop?) I realize that the severe downgrade for Level 50 Missions is only temporary, but aren't Missions supposed to be able to be completed exceptionally by sylestis at +10 Levels than the Level of the Mission? Or was that just coincidence... D_D *starts hoarding gold so I can continue feeding sylestis until they can level up*

What I do like-
-that you are so excited about it (that, in and of itself, is enough for me to get over my qualms and accept it)
-the permanent Expertise keeping an Ability ranked when earned even through Element switching
-that sylestis will be able to have 5 Abilities at Level 75 as opposed to 3

Over all, like I said in my likes list, I can accept it, especially considering how much you like it and are excited by it. UuU And I have a good enough imagination to make up for otherwise now impossible characters. ;3
Patty
Level 46
Threads: 2
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 1:38 AM Post #52
Oh. Ok thanks.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 1:44 AM Post #53
The new system looks much simpler and more streamlined. It is fantastic that it automatically updates when the pet levels (that was so annoying with the old system!). So great job for ease of use! Of course, it'll take a while to get used to the is and outs of the new system!

One complaint though, it seems really odd that there is no building expertise before level 60. Is that to have everyone at a "clean slate" before the megazone? If so, I could understand delaying all expertise until the megazone opens, or having a lower expertise gain for sub-60 levels. Or having a limit like "no expertise when battling more than 10 (or 20, whatever) levels below you". But new players should still have the chance to see some progress towards building ability expertise, however slight. It is good motivation!

Just some thoughts. Anyway, wanted to say good job and thanks for all your efforts!! :)
Edited By Malikas on 3/5/2017 at 1:45 AM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 290
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 2:17 AM Post #54
clicking but i'm not seeing anything???
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 3:05 AM Post #55
I second everything that Varyntha is saying.

Especialy the part about the missions. I come online every day mostly to set up my pets for missions and earn some gold between fests and the like.

If Pet stats under level 60 are going to get nerfed, the mission stat requirements for under level 60 missions should get nerfed as well to match. At least that would seem fair and logical to me.

I can get used to a new battle system I think. It seems simpler. Even if it does restrict you as well. But I agree with Varyntha on the points she mentiond, both the bad and the good ones. So I won't go on about that.

The missions are definitly my main concern about this.
Moonsugar
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 3:46 AM Post #56
Ah, a typo, gotcha. Though I'm still interested in knowing how long it takes to rank the abilities up, unless that's not decided yet?

If this new system is going to make missions unreliable to complete because of pets having lower stats, why not just wait to implement it until we can level them up to make up for it (aka when the MegaZone comes out)?

Tested how much Intelligence one of my mission pets comes out with at level 60 in the new system, and it's a whopping 160 less than what he has now. I'm not so happy to have all of my mission pets' stats reduced by such a significant amount until the TBA date when the MegaZone comes out, when there is already a chance in the current system that they only come back with 1 mission satchel instead of 2 from the level 50 mission... Which means that they will see these partial successes more often now, if not a failure, if this is implemented before they can be levelled up and given the appropriate MegaZone equipment. Another way to counteract this problem is to lower stat requirements for completing missions (even if temporary).
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 111
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 5:14 AM Post #57
Love the ability to earn expertise for the abilities, and that each ability now has description to help choose the right ability for the right role in the party.

I'm echoing many others here, in that I'm concerned about the decreased customizability, as well as overall stat drop for level 60 and below. How much higher do we have to be now in order to reach exceptional? Or for new players, if their pets are of the min level required, can they still pass the mission and get additional rewards? This is especially concerning for new players, since missions is a basic way to earn gold, which they are hard pressed for in the beginning.

Beyond missions, I'm concerned on how this would affect certain storylines. The forgotten tomb requires a minimum stat amount to activate the seal, as does the forsaken dungeon to unlock one of the sub-boss doors... Would the min stat required be changed, or would it be possible otherwise? Cause the general advice for players at those stages would be to use level 60 pets with all stats in that one stat required. Not sure if we can still reach the min stat required with the new system...

Also, how would this affect arena battles? Arena battles uses fixed levels, so we can't just over-level the pet to try to beat the boss. Some arena bosses are already pretty hard to defeat, even with the right strategy, the overall stat drop would make arena battles way harder. Also, some strategies require the pets to be fast enough to avoid certain attacks, would the change in stats affect whether the pet will be able to defeat certain arena bosses?
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 6:52 AM Post #58
I have to admit that I am still trying to fully understand what this means and more importantly how it will affect my party characters.

What will happen to their current statistics once the system goes "live"?

Also..what does "Nerfed" mean? I seen this term but am unfamiliar with it.

Anywhoo..so far it looks nice and streamlined though I am unsure how it all works but we have to tinker with it a bit to get a feel for it but all in all I appreciate all the hard work that went into this. Thanks
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 7:59 AM Post #59
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44190&page=4#40
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/4/2017 at 7:59 PM
[quote=793874]

Depends on what you mean by improve.

Every level gained, Pets gain Health, Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, and Agility.

Additionally, Pets will earn additional Stats in whatever you have allocated their Proficiency Points in.

Furthermore, at certain Level Tiers, Pets will earn additional Proficiency Points to be spent and unlock new Abilities to use in Battle.

Lastly, Pets will gain Expertise in Abilities and automatically advance the Ranks of their Abilities over time; improving their functions.

Oh okay thanks, that sounds a lot better than what I was thinking.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 8:51 AM Post #60
"Nerfing" means to reduce or weaken. In this context, if something has been nerfed, then its stats or ability effectiveness has been diminished.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.