Players 2,230 383
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,303,223 1,685
Generated 660,518 246
Captured 1,200,155 217
Bred 6,442,454 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Why Release Pets?
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:06 PM Post #21
Just a suggestion folks~ please don't take shots at each other or start what could be considered arguments in the forums. If you don't like what someone has to say please just ignore the post and move on with your day. There is no need to stir the pot nor to move the post off topic. Players have different views and we should respect them. (Not saying everyone has to play the same or agree but at least have the grace to ignore/not interact with each other if you can't reconcile.)

Bluewhirl,
I hope with all the responses that you've gotten that you can understand the releasing issues(?) both ways. However you feel about it I hope that you're able to still interact with other players no matter your views on the matter.
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:16 PM Post #22
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81414&page=3#21
Author: Imperium
Time Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:06 PM
Just a suggestion folks~ please don't take shots at each other or start what could be considered arguments in the forums. If you don't like what someone has to say please just ignore the post and move on with your day. There is no need to stir the pot nor to move the post off topic. Players have different views and we should respect them. (Not saying everyone has to play the same or agree but at least have the grace to ignore/not interact with each other if you can't reconcile.)

Bluewhirl,
I hope with all the responses that you've gotten that you can understand the releasing issues(?) both ways. However you feel about it I hope that you're able to still interact with other players no matter your views on the matter.

Second this. Hope I didn't say anything rude, and if I offended then I'm sorry aha. Let's all remain civil~
Runebook
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:21 PM Post #23
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81414&page=3#22
Author: Mireille
Time Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:16 PM
[quote=1845220]

Second this. Hope I didn't say anything rude, and if I offended then I'm sorry aha. Let's all remain civil~

Agreed, hopefully I wasn't too aggressive there I have a bit of an issue with coming off that way without realizing at times lol.
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:23 PM Post #24
Dunno if I can speak on this but to me Runebook, your responses seemed nice and respectful. Don't worry about it ahhh, you're fine ^~^
Ethan78790
Level 48
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 26
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:33 PM Post #25
End releasing!
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:37 PM Post #26
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81414&page=2#19
Author: Mireille
Time Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:00 PM
Hey, saw your multiple "end releasing" comments and the whole blacklist on your profile (it's pretty rude, especially with the whole "number one people who can't be trusted" n all, but that's for another day), could I ask why you're so against it? Just a genuine question, why is releasing sylesti so bad to you?

Hey Ethan, didn't know if you got my last ping so I'll just leave my question for you as a quote.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 10:02 PM Post #27
You might want to add me to your blacklist. While I don't release pets normally, except my own, next releasing event that comes around, I will be releasing and I won't be picky about anything except price when it comes to the pets that I release.

For the actual question, while I don't release often myself (I tend to have a mentality of 'but what if I find the perfect mate/need this pet in a project/someone comes along that just would LOVE to have this pet' that prevents me from mass releasing, releasing on pet sites are beneficial to the site.

Most breeding sites, unless they are so restrictive on breeding, have problems with over breeding of pets. While those sites could then introduce draconian measures to make sure that breeding is something only serious players do, that tends to drive players away rather than make more players want to join.

Releasing pets allows players a way to get rid of pets that won't ever sell, because they simply are not what is wanted (for this I will try to not use 'dishwater' pets, because one person's dishwater could be another person's gold water) currently. This is either due to bad colors, overbreeding of that particular trait (whether tagged, species, specific traits etc..) These pets then just sit around player's stables eating gold that could be used for other things and just in general being useless lumps of pixels. They often aren't useful in breeding because they don't have anything players want, they aren't useful in battling, because you only need a limited amount of those, you can only do so many missions per day, so you only need so many mission pets, and so on.

This means that demands for random pets tends to be very low, and that drives those prices down. However, since many players breed themed (or tagged) pets, this can drive those prices down, and that is often where the problem is. With so many pets that no one really wants, stables get filled fast, and not everyone can afford a huge number of stables, especially newer players. Their stables get full, those pets are eating up what little gold they tend to obtain unless they simply don't feed the pets, and they can't obtain the pets they really want, nor breed any more.

With releasing, it allows those players to be able to say 'hey, this pet isn't going to sell, so maybe I will release it and free up stable space'. One thing I love about Sylestia, is that you can 'buy back' any pet you release at any time for relatively cheap.

On gryffs, once you delete a pet, it is gone forever, and this includes any information about the gryff (you go to the page of a gryff that has been deleted you just get 'no such gryff'). FR, you can still see those dragons, but you can only get one back once every 90 days I believe and only within 14 days of it being exalted (unless they are your progens). Sylestia is very generous in that respect, so I feel better about releasing on here than I do about exalting on FR (never really had a problem deleting gryffs... just a different culture there than on FR or here)
Ethan78790
Level 48
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 26
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 10:08 PM Post #28
My blacklist is reserved not for people who have just released my pets after me politely stating multiple times to please not release the pet, but those have gone out of their way to harass me and make my life just a tad bit more difficult than it already is. I'm not here to argue, but I am forgiving. My blacklist is a very hard one to land yourself onto.
Edited By Ethan78790 on 10/3/2019 at 10:09 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 10:51 PM Post #29
Then, er, would it be possible to maybe not repeatedly say, "End releasing!" I understand you may have different viewpoints and we can see that without you proclaiming your side repeatedly without further explanation when someone states their own views.
Edited By Canawlia on 10/3/2019 at 10:54 PM.
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 10:53 PM Post #30
Ahh Cana I think Im being ignored rip :(
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.