Players 2,265 410
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,279,552 1,989
Generated 657,198 169
Captured 1,195,700 619
Bred 6,426,559 1,201
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Why Release Pets?
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 5:45 PM Post #11
I hate to break it to you but you can't be complaining about having to buy pets for more gold and try to do an emperor dragon based zolnixi project at the same time. All you have done so far is complain that others bough and releass the very same type of pet your project is going against, buisness wise this isn't very profitable. This trait set is overbreed and without serious help from the whole comunity will most likely never be worth anything on it's own.

Also, i would like to point out that you are actualy taking your frustrations on the very peoples that could help you in your project and who would be most likely to become your buyers... once again, not very good for "buisness".
Edited By Cian on 10/3/2019 at 6:11 PM.
Ethan78790
Level 48
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 26
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 6:42 PM Post #12
Amen! End releasing!
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 7:35 PM Post #13
3g is not a reasonable price for 6v. esp if you have never put any work toward it. here is the first 6v sylestie on the site: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=240107
look at the birthday. sept 2013. the site started in dec 2012. it took 9 months for a 6v to ever come on site, and now newbies think 9 months of careful planning and hard work are worth 3g. imagine if that player is still around how disapointing it must be.

i dont think you will be making a project w/ any 6v you buy, you would just be breeding 6v dishwater pets.

i am part of the releaser group. i buy as many 1-10g pets as i can to release. why? 10g is the feeding fee per day. if you are selling a pet for less then it costs too feed, you dont want it. and usually they are so starved its sad to see. its alot better for a pet to be in the wild on their own, not stuffed into the stable of someone who starves them, doesnt want them, wants to get rid of them. helping the economy and eggs from tlg are just side benefits to me.

answering why pb cost so much: bc it costs so much to get the parents. the most i got from selling a pet was 2.5k daimonds ( abt 5mil in gold. ) also, almost no one will take the time and money to dye dishwater pets. its just not worth it to most ppl.

everyone started off where you are now. i never went around complaining everything was to expensive. i know if you want something you have to earn it. gold is not that hard to get. i cant remember when the last time i battled. i mostly play on my phone. so i just nurture, sometimes try looking for chests in tlg, breed for projects, make some designs, and missions. i have more then 21 million gold atm and i barely do anything.
Runebook
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 8:32 PM Post #14
Its been said before but I'd like to add +1 to the reasoning of them grove eggs though, I mean I just managed to get a themed bulbori egg today after releasing a few of the 42+ day pets I managed to get... Plus I see people for some reason putting themeds for one gold all the time when their worth at least 1k (If not more in pure bred cases with 100+ MP)

I'm personally unsure myself on the exact definition of 'dishwater pets' but I'd have to assume it has to do with the fact they often have very poor MP (Which can actually be bred up easier now thankfully), very poor colors, genes, and/or mutations.

Some seasonal events also reward releasing (around 4th of July this year was the last time I know of) though since it was my first year seeing that event I didn't get to stockpile enough fodder... Basically I'm highkey hoping it happens again so I'll be ready lol.

I'm clearly not a veteran player (Joined around this time last year actually, fell in love with Ryoris so I'm really glad my first seasonal festival was that one :3) but I could try to help explain what I do know if ya ever have questions.
I know it can be frustrating not understanding why some things happen, my inbox/PM/ETC is honestly always open to anyone for near anything considering I typically got nothing better to do and like yapping at people about anything and everything. XD
Dear lord this got rambley, I'll just cut myself off there and hope I made at least some sense.
Encryption
Level 70
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 8:45 PM Post #15
to explain what dishwater means: dishwater mostly means faded colors from many generations of random overbreeding. 6v can still be dishwater. examples:

these are actual pets, you can find them on search under my name, released.

this is NOT dishwater, even though he is 5v his colors are carefully planned ( my project )
Edited By Encryption on 10/3/2019 at 8:46 PM.
Ethan78790
Level 48
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 26
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 8:46 PM Post #16
End releasing!
Encryption
Level 70
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 8:48 PM Post #17
why? so you can hoard more pets you cant feed? there are 3 million pets that have been released total. if it ended no one would have space for anything actually valuable.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 8:52 PM Post #18
Well then, have fun when your stables are full of pets you can't release or sell because someone will release them eventually - It will happen. Please understand that releasing pets is a part of the game.
Edited By Canawlia on 10/3/2019 at 9:14 PM.
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:00 PM Post #19
Hey, saw your multiple "end releasing" comments and the whole blacklist on your profile (it's pretty rude, especially with the whole "number one people who can't be trusted" n all, but that's for another day), could I ask why you're so against it? Just a genuine question, why is releasing sylesti so bad to you?
Runebook
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/3/2019 at 9:03 PM Post #20
Ah, thanks for the information, Encryption!

Also to Ethan, releasing/exalting/abandoning/whatever the game calls it, is in fact a part of any pet site like this and is often rewarded in some way, it simply would not be viable logically with how many generations occur daily for any such sites.
You may observe whatever practice you wish of course but once you sell a pet it is no longer yours dear and it would be quite disrespectful to simply continue spamming the same phrase over and over. It is fine that you do not wish to release your sylesti, tis your right no one is trying to take it but I would respect how others view releasing as well. I personally like the RP/lore options it can bring via conservation groups for example :3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.