Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Themed Changes (Part 2)
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cyanidescreamer
Level 61
High Priest
Threads: 85
Posted: 7/9/2021 at 6:24 PM Post #41
nvm thank u ^^
Edited By Cynidescreamer on 7/9/2021 at 6:24 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 3:42 PM Post #42
This is a beautiful image to see all the themed variations together. Would be neat to have a page where we can view the themed of an entire species like this. Unsure if the upkeep would be too much work. I know there are themed images for the festival though.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 7:03 PM Post #43
Ooh i also love being able to see all the themes in one place : ) So nice!!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 8:40 PM Post #44
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98384&page=5#42
Author: Taptothebeat
Time Posted: 7/12/2021 at 3:42 PM
This is a beautiful image to see all the themed variations together. Would be neat to have a page where we can view the themed of an entire species like this. Unsure if the upkeep would be too much work. I know there are themed images for the festival though.

I absolutely have plans to do something like a Themed Pet Codex at some point.

But at this point, we are nearing 1500 total Themed Pets and that is a TON of images. I have to figure out some sort of alternative way of handling so many pet images at a given time - most likely using a script to turn the dynamic images into permanent static PNG images and then figuring out a good way to layout 75 different images per species on a page.

Just a lot of performance issues that have to still be solved. And given all the other things I'm trying to work on first, it's not quite at the highest of my priority list atm.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 9:30 PM Post #45
when I think about a theme codex/library, my brain goes to the current wardrobe, personally.
Like, an ability to search by species, year, season/event, and obtainment method, or for theme name? Rather than necessarily needing to display all of the themes of a species on one screen at once (though I suppose that might be easier than our thought- less coding probably, just whack all of them on a page rather than deal with a bajillion codenoodles about selection options.)
I'm just throwing the thought we've had rattling around in our head on occasion at the wall here, we don't know what kind of coding would be needed for something like that
Like, if it had a base png image for each theme to reduce base load, but maybe also had a thing to the side that had the colour slots of that theme if they were selected (I assume that information is stored somewhere that would allow for something like that, given the nature of Tagged pets? 'If X png image is clicked, pull up larger version of image and colour slots of X theme'?)

I don't know anything much about base load or server strain or coding at all, or other people's thoughts on what they'd want though so *shrugs*
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/13/2021 at 1:25 PM Post #46
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98384&page=5#45
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 7/12/2021 at 9:30 PM
when I think about a theme codex/library, my brain goes to the current wardrobe, personally.
Like, an ability to search by species, year, season/event, and obtainment method, or for theme name? Rather than necessarily needing to display all of the themes of a species on one screen at once (though I suppose that might be easier than our thought- less coding probably, just whack all of them on a page rather than deal with a bajillion codenoodles about selection options.)
I'm just throwing the thought we've had rattling around in our head on occasion at the wall here, we don't know what kind of coding would be needed for something like that
Like, if it had a base png image for each theme to reduce base load, but maybe also had a thing to the side that had the colour slots of that theme if they were selected (I assume that information is stored somewhere that would allow for something like that, given the nature of Tagged pets? 'If X png image is clicked, pull up larger version of image and colour slots of X theme'?)

I don't know anything much about base load or server strain or coding at all, or other people's thoughts on what they'd want though so *shrugs*

Unfortunately, a lot of that data isn't available to me in the Database, especially for the first ~5ish years worth of Themed Pets. Since then, the data input has improved. But it has to be done entirely manually retroactively (which is like hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Themed Pets).

I imagine it absolutely will be a thing someday. It's just a matter of when it reaches higher up on the priority list.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 7/22/2021 at 9:21 AM Post #47
I just wanted to pop in and say how much I am enjoying the new Nytekrie design. The new attributes/genes...makes them much more interesting and fun to work with.

I am hoping that in the future that other pets (like Griffi..hint-hint..) will have a nice makeover and there will be more choices for them too.

Anyways..I really appreciate all the hard work that was put into the Nytekrie line.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/22/2021 at 12:43 PM Post #48
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98384&page=5#47
Author: LonelyRyu
Time Posted: 7/22/2021 at 9:21 AM
I just wanted to pop in and say how much I am enjoying the new Nytekrie design. The new attributes/genes...makes them much more interesting and fun to work with.

I am hoping that in the future that other pets (like Griffi..hint-hint..) will have a nice makeover and there will be more choices for them too.

Anyways..I really appreciate all the hard work that was put into the Nytekrie line.

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear that you are enjoying the revamp!

We are still planning full revamps for both the Faelora and Bulbori.

However, the remaining species will only get minor revamps. At this time, we don't really plan on updating their artwork from scratch, but they would get fresh shading/highlights, lineart fixes, and better trait layering. Some specific things may change, but we will try and preserve the original artwork/poses as much as we can.

There is no ETA on these projects though. It will still probably take a couple more years to get through them all.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.