Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Nytekrie Themed Changes (Part 2)
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 6/5/2021 at 9:02 AM Post #21
I can explain the black trait thing: that happened with all of the fall fest themes in 2013 in the first day of their release. They are definitely a glitch, and not the intended colours. As an example, I have this Sweet Pumpkin fae which suffers from the same rare glitch, but this one caught two days later has the proper theme colours. If you go looking through all of the 2013 fall themes, you can probably find all of the themes with this same glitch ^.^
Faeyla
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 36
Posted: 6/5/2021 at 10:06 AM Post #22
I was a bit confused by the pink in the hummingbird nytes. I took a look at mine and none of them have any pink. So, unless the color slots somehow got changed when the revamp went in, the pink is a new addition. Not a huge fan of the pink, but if that is what the original designer wants, I guess I will be releasing most of those.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 6/5/2021 at 4:43 PM Post #23
you know what that's a great question, where DID the pink a1 come from?

This is the original hb nyte submission from spring design thread 2019 (so the colours are reflective of where traits were pre-revamp):

no pink

here it is as recorded in Shadowized's guide (colours respective of new slots post-revamp):

no pink again

here's the pre-revamp one posted in the last thread:

which... seems to have pink eyes?
which is odd, since the three hb nytes that I own sure don't:

so you know what, I'm genuinely baffled where the example one that the update version is actually based off of came from?

Doesn't look like Bobross made any input on the last thread, so no word from their designer there

might make some hb update submissions later based off the original hb colours

-edit-
current colours:

the current proposal (still no clue where the pink came from)

an assortment of us making up alternate coloursets

(I think the dark purple we used in M1 slot of that second one works better than the original m1's dark brown or the previously-m2's black? We don't know the reasoning behind why Bobross picked the dark brown colour for the original m1, but it did originally only affect moon armor and forest horns back then. The purple is reasonably close to the brown and pulls a little from the whole 'pink' thing, stands out decently from the body and traits (more than the black does to our eye at least), and is an actual colour many hummingbirds have so. that's the reasoning we're using on that. Storm Armor is the most distinct example of m1 colour

comparison of the three colours (I don't own any hb's with m2 traits, so I don't have any pre-revamp pictures of how them being black interacted with the traits back then outside of Krin and Fai's mysterious pink-eyed one)

beep beep- I wonder if the blue-tailed emerald hummingbird was the original basis of Bobross' design?
Edited By Scathreoite on 6/6/2021 at 2:39 AM.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 6/15/2021 at 2:03 AM Post #24
I also had some feedback on the Dusky Dawn theme.

I liked how petal markings looked with pink inside the design, but currently that isnt the case.
Here is one of my pets w the trait (no edit by me):

Compared to the suggested coloration:

I played around with the colors for a while, switching things around here and there. I thought the G1 color was too similar to its C1 and that G2 was too light.

current G1 and G2:

my edits G1 and G2:

Heres a few more to show G3 and mutation alterations that i thought might make things a little more 'dusky dawn'. The eyes were originally light yellow, so i tried that out.
Current:

My edits:

Just my ideas, im not the theme's designer but i really do like this one : )
Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 43
Posted: 6/16/2021 at 2:49 PM Post #25
My opinions (left is original, right is my changes):

Why did Blood Moon get lighter?

Personally I think the Blizzard Nytekrie's chest (or whatever) should be a blue-grey.

Flying Fox Nytekrie's EC should change. When with Moon Armor and Tiara, it looks the exact same.

Harvest Moon Nytekrie Before and After:

Problems with old design (feedback):
-Why is G1 the same as C2?
-Why is C1 Dark Pink?
-Make M1 and M3 almost the same colour. So they can match.
-Why is G3 light purple? It looks... odd.
-M2 is also light purple. With Icicle Wings, it looks TERRIBLE with the yellow. (if it's possible)

Please make the Patriotic Nytekrie's eyes red. Or make M1 and M3 red. And maybe make G3 blue.

I don't like that C1 and C2 are the same.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 6/16/2021 at 10:54 PM Post #26
Im not sure if anyone has commented on the Red Hawk theme yet, so i looked around a bit for past images of it since i didnt remember the blue color being so widespread.

Here is the fall themed pet forum from 2018 when it was made..

Here is the images from the forum:

Here is the proposed colors:

It took a while checking my old nyte screenshots of where the genes used to be so i could shuffle the traits to where i thought they would be.. but i think I got something relatively good.

Google image results for comparison:

My suggestion:

Current color proposal for comparison:

(edit: added current revamp color comparison.)
Edited By Meeku on 6/17/2021 at 2:21 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 6/17/2021 at 2:58 AM Post #27
another round of thoughts on nytes I'm not the originator of, which I am just playing with Because

Peacock Pheasant
current

some edits to g1/2/3/a1

random other version

Gingerbread Cookie

edits: assorted slots, playing around while looking at the pre-vamp pics of the two we own

same but swapped g1/a1

other version with far less edits, just some hue tweaks (main one being g1, to a more saturated slightly redder hue

(It's just a bit hard because between the two nytes I have, one has downy woodpecker (which moved from g1 to g3) and the other has leaf veins (which did the opposite))
Edited By Scathreoite on 6/17/2021 at 3:04 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 5:10 PM Post #28
Sorry for taking so long on getting these done. I know they are very long overdue.

Here are our final updates. We most likely won't be changing anything else at this point as I think the Themed are about as good as they can be barring difference of personal preferences.

Below are just the ones changed from the first post of this thread. If a Themed isn't listed below, it wasn't changed from the first post. Most of the changes below were pretty minor. However, we did revisit a few Themed and changed them quite a bit, such as Harvest Moon and Hummingbird, among maybe a couple others.

Overall, we weigh various things with each change. While some proposed changes maybe looked better overall than what we're going with... we felt that they were too different from the original and not needed. In those cases, we tried to keep things closer to the original concept. However, then in other situations, we felt the original concept was just a disaster post revamp and needed a lot of changes. Then in other situations where the original designer provides feedback, we always take that into serious consideration as well. All in all, the end result is a muddled mix of all sorts of things.

But barring anything major that was overlooked, this will probably be our final edits. These will start going live maybe later today or tomorrow.

OLD DESIGN ---------------------------------> NEW DESIGN

Barn Owl Nytekrie
Changes: G1, A1

----------------------->

Blood Moon Nytekrie
Changes: G1, G3

----------------------->

Cranberry Crisp Nytekrie
Changes: C3

----------------------->

First Sun Nytekrie
Changes: A1

----------------------->

Flying Fox Nytekrie
Changes: EC, C2, C3, G1, G2, G3, M1, M2, M3

----------------------->

Gingerbread Nytekrie
Changes: C2, G1, M1, M3

----------------------->

Harvest Moon Nytekrie
Changes: C1, G1, G2, A1, MC1

----------------------->

Hummingbird Nytekrie
Changes: All Colors

----------------------->

Patriotic Nytekrie
Changes: EC

----------------------->

Peacock Pheasant Nytekrie

----------------------->

Purpleheart Spiderwort Nytekrie
Changes: C2, C3, G3

----------------------->

Red Hawk Nytekrie
Changes: G2, G3, A1, M2, A2

----------------------->

Red-Winged Blackbird Nytekrie

----------------------->

Red Velvet Nytekrie
Changes: G3

----------------------->

Solar Eclipse Nytekrie
Changes: C2, C3, G1, G2, G3, A1, M1, M3, A2

----------------------->

Voodoo Master Nytekrie
Changes: EC, G1, G2

----------------------->

Yuletide Nytekrie
Changes: G1

----------------------->
Ankerias
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 5:24 PM Post #29
yoooo those look great
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 7/8/2021 at 5:24 PM Post #30
Yaaay :D *confetti*
the revamp is complete!! nytekries are one of my favorite pets! so cool : )
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.