Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Newbie Question1
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Impishgenie
Level 27
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/16/2021 at 5:04 PM Post #1
Hi. I'm new here =)
My pets are dead and I'm out of gold to heal them. How can I make gold quickly?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/16/2021 at 5:28 PM Post #2
Pets will recover on their own over time when out of battle, so if you don't mind taking it slow at first, you don't have to pay the scamfairies for healing

First and best way to make gold, Missions (guide to missions and mission pets here) As you make more gold you can unlock more mission slots (to a total of 6)
You can see some more info about mission payouts here (feel free to help with the thread, too)
Most people who do missions have at least 10 pets set up as mission pets- 2 set up (proficiencies, equips) for each stat (though that's for once they have access to region 2 and the missions available there as well- having 5 mission pets to begin with is a good start)

also see the guide to making gold, which lists a bunch of other ways

(If you'd like, we can also help with your party pets? It's tricky for most newbies at first, with learning how elements/stats/equips work together)
Edited By Scathreoite on 2/16/2021 at 5:30 PM.
Impishgenie
Level 27
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/16/2021 at 10:55 PM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=96747&page=1#2
Author: Scathreoite
Time Posted: 2/16/2021 at 5:28 PM
Pets will recover on their own over time when out of battle, so if you don't mind taking it slow at first, you don't have to pay the scamfairies for healing

First and best way to make gold, Missions (guide to missions and mission pets here) As you make more gold you can unlock more mission slots (to a total of 6)
You can see some more info about mission payouts here (feel free to help with the thread, too)
Most people who do missions have at least 10 pets set up as mission pets- 2 set up (proficiencies, equips) for each stat (though that's for once they have access to region 2 and the missions available there as well- having 5 mission pets to begin with is a good start)

also see the guide to making gold, which lists a bunch of other ways

(If you'd like, we can also help with your party pets? It's tricky for most newbies at first, with learning how elements/stats/equips work together)

Perfect! That was just the information I was hoping to get! That gold making guide looks pretty straight forward and hopefully I'll be able to put it to good use.

What do you mean help with party pets? I only have a few pets at the moment anyway but i've been sending 2 on missions so far.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/16/2021 at 11:56 PM Post #4
Helping with someone's party is what it sounds like- helping a player understand how sylestia battle mechanics work, and how they can improve on what they have.
Different elements do better at different party positions, and with different proficiency setups and different equips. Having a pet with the wrong proficiencies, team positions, or equipment types is quite common among newbies who are still getting a handle on the game (for some players it comes very easily, for others it comes slower)
in example, there's:
Earth which is a dedicated Tank element- it goes in slot 1 and takes the hits so its team members don't get hit. Earth is a Physical element, so they need Strength based equips, and Tanks need Agility for the defence and evasion bonuses- so they should be equipped with Assassin gear, which focuses on those two stats

In contrast, Fire is a dedicated Attacker element, and it's best if it's never in slot 1. Fire is a Magical element, and so needs Intelligence boosting equips, and as an attacker needs Dexterity, to boost critical hit rate and accuracy, so they get equipped with Evoker gear, which specializes in those two stats.

Meanwhile, some of the elements aren't 'dedicated'- they can potentially fulfill different roles in a party (for instance, Light is usually used as a Healer, statted for Int and Dex, equipped with Evoker, but it can alternately run as a Tank, statted for Int, Agi, or HP, and equipped with Illusionist gear for the Int/Agi boost.

If nothing else, we can probably provide lv25 legendary gear if needed (both an equip's level and rarity affect the stats of it, with Uncommon/green equips being... Really, really bad.
(there are a few exceptions to the rarity rule- The town halls of the main settlements in region 1 and 2 sell special sets of Rare and Epic equips which far eclipse the stats of the regular types of equips of equal and much greater levels, though only available to buy once a player's reputation with the town is high enough, and the third region's city also has a set which can only be bought from the Arena there using the currency earned from winning battles there.
The Lost Grove, also accessible via region 3, has its own set of equips, in rare, epic, and legendary rarities, all lv60, and the rare ones alone are better than almost any other non-Grove equip in the game)

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.