Forum Index > General Discussion > just a rant, don't mind me
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 70
Posted: 2/11/2021 at 10:53 AM Post #1
I'm....a little disappointed in the new revamping system. (and I hope I'm not misunderstanding something)

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the new nytes look really cool! And I'm really looking forward to the dragon trait set, I already have a project idea for it! And I completely understand not wanting to damage the economy. But...I think the point that was misunderstood here is that the entire current economy for nytes has been structured in anticipation for the revamp (extreme overpricing (there's literally 1-vis pb pets for hundreds of thousands of gold!!), mass-breeding 6-vis pets, etc. I think I remember someone halting the sales of their project nytes so they could revamp all the babies differently, or something like that. I have no memory of who it was, don't quote me.)

But I've been buying overpriced 6-vis nytes and hoarding and breeding them for months in the hopes that I could make pretty revamp projects out of them, like people have done with puffadores. I've been keeping themes I had no interest in just in the hopes that I could do something with them. I was even strongly considering buying a 300k 6-vis max stat so I could customize the traits after the revamp. People have been hugely overpricing themed nytes on the broker for like three festivals now. And now, for the majority of traits, we can't choose an entirely different trait in the same slot as where the trait was before, we either have to choose: 1) the exact same trait, or, 2) a trait of the same type if it's a trait that got split up.

But the #1 reason for my rant is this:
I caught this legendary lg nyte that I was REALLY hoping I could replace the plague traits entirely, because I have always hated them. But, judging by the traits it's already showing me that I'll be able to pick from, I won't be able to ditch the plague traits, and I'll be stuck with this nasty combination:

I mean, at least he can get a good color upgrade that he desperately needs.

I'm just...extremely disappointed that I've hoarded tabs of nytes just to not be able to re-do their currently boring traits that don't fit together great as it is. Stable space is very important to me. I can't buy diamonds and nearly all my gold ends up going towards more diamonds so I can keep more pets.

Anyway, there's my stupid little rant. Maybe I'm just being an idiot, and I'm sorry if I am. My opinions on some Sylestian things are unpopular in general, so please don't scream at me.

TL;DR: Was hoping to re-do the pets I've spent $$$$ on into cute little projects but that doesn't look like it's much of an option as I thought it would be. Wasted a master trap and stable space for all of this. New nyte design is cool but I wish I could have removed plague from my leg. nyte.

IF THIS STARTS AN ECONOMY FIGHT, I WILL BE DELETING THIS. SO DON'T.

Edit: demon's traits, revamped
Edited By Slytherin7 on 3/4/2021 at 9:49 PM.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 2/11/2021 at 2:15 PM Post #2
As far as I've understood, the regeneration system was a form of compensation for the changes made to a species, put into place so that players could recreate what their pets looked like prior to the revamp - not to make completely new projects. And I believe the nytes' regeneration allows everyone to do just that. After adjustments were made for hiddens and spliced traits, I firmly believe the restrictions on regens this time around are completely fair.

When I first heard about regens I was quite shocked such a thing existed. Because it's simply far too overpowered that someone like me at the time, a 2 month old account with zero breeding experience, can create a fully color and trait customized pet just like that. Sylestia comes with the promise of fully customizable pets; usually they must be created through breeding projects. The 6v market has long been oversaturated, and the main reason why 6v projects are still around is that there's still particular trait combinations that don't exist, and colors of many mass-bred 6v are dull/unappealing. This isn't an argument about the economy. I know there's no chance of recovery for the random-6v market at this point, and I don't expect there's anything a player could do to help it in a way that will have a permanent impact. I only want to say that from a somewhat new breeder's standpoint (I've only been breeding serious projects for about a year) I would find it unfair that 5-7 months of work breeding a specific trait set (and maybe dyeing colors as well) could be replaced by hoarded 10g 6vis pets off the search.

I'd say it's mainly the expectation that "every high-vis pet hoarded prior to revamp has the potential to become an entirely new project with customized traits and colors" is what has inflated prices. People began to expect those 12-point regens, fully one-and-done projects, after venes and puffs got them. I think it'd be fairly safe to assume that the way this revamp has dealt with traits will help keep the prices lower for species that will be revamped in the future. Now that the precedent has clearly been overturned and people aren't expecting immediate projects, fae and bulb prices probably won't skyrocket like nytes have in the past few months. (They may still increase for themed as people who like the new art decide to collect them, but that's an entirely different matter.)

I can understand disliking the traits on that legendary, but that's how it is with every single other nonthemed tamed pet. I dislike my mythical vul's G1, M2, and every last one of his colors - if I want to change them, I'll have to use dyes, nulls, mutators. I'd argue it's already a lot that you get the opportunity to completely customize your nyte's colors without spending anything on dyes.

It really sucks to lose the gold, but a reminder not to put all your eggs in one basket. The site is still in beta and a lot of things are subject to change. I only bought a handful of 6v nytes with the intent to have a couple to play around with post-revamp. Kinda figured revamps would be much more limited than some of the others were, after seeing what was done with luporas.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.