Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 58 1, 2, 3... 57, 58, 59... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 10/14/2021 at 2:55 PM Post #571
It would be great to bring it back but I need more help with the management side of things, I work 6 days a week without a set day off and doing it around my schedule doesnt work since it changes week to week

I would love to continue this but i need someone who can help me run challenges, if you or you know someone who wants to and can please throw them my way :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 2:49 PM Post #572
depending on response to this, new challenge coming tuesday. If there is enough response I will start holding challenges/winners on Tuesdays - this is my day off and will be something I believe I can reasonably do.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 2:50 PM Post #573
above :)
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/19/2021 at 5:19 PM Post #574
Cool! So exited to see this coming back!
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 12/20/2021 at 12:50 PM Post #575
You know my answer, Lim!
Excited at the prospect of us coming back~
Chaosincarnate
Level 67
Threads: 2
Posted: 12/20/2021 at 3:05 PM Post #576
1.) Name: Chaosincarnate
2.) Why do you want to join the D.C.U.?: It looks like fun. Being a new player and seeing all the Winter Fest themes also makes me want to learn designing so I can participate in future contests with confidence
3.) Do you understand by joining, that you will be placed on a member PING list?: Yes
4.) Referred by: -
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/20/2021 at 3:12 PM Post #577
welcome! i will be posting a new challenge tomorrow :)
Chaosincarnate
Level 67
Threads: 2
Posted: 12/20/2021 at 3:16 PM Post #578
Awesome. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to it
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:13 PM Post #579
TOP 3
Mushrooms and Toadstools
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Hello all! I am finally bringing you those winners from such a long time ago and would like to welcome you to the first challenge in *quite* some time that will be coming up soon. I know I haven't had the time with work but with my schedule evening out we will be trying for a tuesday-tuesday schedule - though be warned this could possibly change depending on my work schedule, deadlines could be extended due to the lack of entires, etc etc. I hope we all look forward to this group coming back as I too am excited for it's return.

With it's return I will once again be opening staff positions - please DM me for more information - as well as our referral program that comes with bonus prizes here!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Zolnixi

@Zol- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Zolnixi's
Design:

King Trumpet Mushroom

This design I believes perfectly replicates the mushroom of your choice. I quite enjoy the way the browns and tans flow together on your design - very elegant really. I can't wait too see if you will be rejoining us after this break and too see how much you have improved! Great job and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Given's
Design:

Trametes versicolor Fungi

Upon first inspection I thought this design was muddy - very glad to realize once I looked closer it is not and is actually a wonderful replication of your chosen mushroom fungi! It has a deep forested looked to it and I think that is a great call for this type of design. I can't wait to see how you've improved over this break and what you'll be bringing to the table now! Great job and Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Saro's
Design:

Oak-Loving Elfin Saddle Mushroom

My what a fun mushroom you chose! I've never heard of this mushroom and it sure is interesting looking - very bubbly. You captured the eerie vibe the mushroom has perfectly. I can't wait to see what you will be designing after this long break and how you have improved! Great job this challenge and send me a CoD for 5k - keep up the great work!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Edited By Limor on 12/21/2021 at 4:34 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/21/2021 at 4:32 PM Post #580
"Christmas" Challenge

Hello all, and welcome back after a very long unintended hiatus. I would like to thank you all for putting up with my absence and after finally getting my work schedule figured out I am here to finally host challenges again! I hope we have all been designing in my absence and that we are excited for the return of the D.C.U!

Now in this challenge I will not be handing out late marks, as this is the Christmas season and this is sort of a trial challenge to see how many members will be returning to us! For this challenge design anything Christmas - from movies to books to ornaments to just whatever you can think of. Go wild and have fun!

Another thing to note - for this challenge you may use pets or avatars!

This challenge will be ending next Tuesday, the 28th.

Over this break I also have another exciting thing to mention, our member, Given (formerly ToxinNotFound/Bookishflower) will be helping me out with challenges! I hope you all give Iro a warm welcome as a staff member and helper of the D.C.U!

Those who have opted out:

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must be based on a Christmas thing.
2.) You must include the name of your Christmas Reference.
3.) You must include a reference photo if there is one.
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

Klaus: Jesper
Klaus is my absolute favorite Christmas Movie and I will be basing this design on the main character Jesper.

Edited By Limor on 12/21/2021 at 4:40 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 57, 58, 59... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.